The Student Room Group

Need Urgent ADVICE! following on IAL OR GCE MATHS EXAMINATION.

Guys! Im an international private candidate, doing currently AS Mathematics.

I looked on and saw tht IAL C12 combined is much difficult comparative to the GCE C1 & C2

i just need to know, is there a problem if i take gce examination while being an international student?

any suggestions?

thanks.
Original post by userxx990

I looked on and saw tht IAL C12 combined is much difficult comparative to the GCE C1 & C2

i just need to know, is there a problem if i take gce examination while being an international student?

any suggestions?

thanks.

On the basis of only a few C12 papers that have ever been offered I think the difficulty of C12 versus separate C1 and C2 is exaggerated. Top maths candidates complete the exams well within the allowed time and will have no difficulty with either GCE or IAL format. SOME candidates may struggle with the concentration and energy levels needed for a longer exam.

If you take Edexcel IAL you have the advantage of exams in January and May/June meaning you can spread the exams out AND have more opportunities to resit units if necessary. If you take Edexcel GCE you will be limited to summer exams. You should also check which is available to you. Your preferred choice may not be possible if your exam centre only offer one or the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by userxx990

any suggestions?

thanks.

there would be endless problems unless u want to study in the uk
Reply 3
Original post by A84
there would be endless problems unless u want to study in the uk

Problems like?
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
On the basis of only a few C12 papers that have ever been offered I think the difficulty of C12 versus separate C1 and C2 is exaggerated. Top maths candidates complete the exams well within the allowed time and will have no difficulty with either GCE or IAL format. SOME candidates may struggle with the concentration and energy levels needed for a longer exam.

If you take Edexcel IAL you have the advantage of exams in January and May/June meaning you can spread the exams out AND have more opportunities to resit units if necessary. If you take Edexcel GCE you will be limited to summer exams. You should also check which is available to you. Your preferred choice may not be possible if your exam centre only offer one or the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Appriciated, thanks a lot, for the help

Quick Reply

Latest