Im into the last week of my 4 week email
Hoping for the best, please no further 4 week emails LSE
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by jchap9776
Can't wait till Thursday/Friday 😭

Is it also your last week? :biggrin:
Accounting and Finance applicants? Any news...? i am on my first of my 4 week wait (survived the 2, 8, +2 Xmas waits!)
Original post by TheDothraki

Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Tell me about it. Only in week 1/4 of my final 4 weeks though so not expecting any movements :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! It's my 2nd so I too am not expectant yet I'm sure I'll still be sat on my email from 1-5pm!!

Original post by TheDothraki

Nah it's my 2nd, good luck to you with your last week though, what course did you apply for?
Reply 2504
Hello! I'm a prospective applicant for the next cycle. Do any of the development MSc folks mind sharing their profiles? :smile:

Especially in MSc Social Policy and Development and MSc Political Economy of Late Development?

Thanks a bunch :smile: Good luck to everyone!!!! :smile:
A&F international applicant here, into the 7/8 week. =(
King's College War Studies and History vs LSE Government and History...
any ideas of which i should be choosing???
Original post by rachelsohphia

I have offers from KCL and LSE too! you should look carefully and see the curriculum of each and whether or not YOU would enjoy and/or benefit from. Also, look at the social aspect both and see which one you like more. Honestly, it's all your choice and they're both ranked pretty highly.
Original post by kurofune
I have offers from KCL and LSE too! you should look carefully and see the curriculum of each and whether or not YOU would enjoy and/or benefit from. Also, look at the social aspect both and see which one you like more. Honestly, it's all your choice and they're both ranked pretty highly.

Unless there are exceptional reasons, you don't turn down a place at LSE, one of the very few institutions in the UK that can compete with Oxbridge in many subjects.The LSE brand is well respected by Harvard, the Senate, the Pentagon etc.
Original post by rachelsohphia

Tough choice.
Original post by Blitzkrieg15
Unless there are exceptional reasons, you don't turn down a place at LSE, one of the very few institutions in the UK that can compete with Oxbridge in many subjects.The LSE brand is well respected by Harvard, the Senate, the Pentagon etc.

I'm American and I can assure you that KCL is well known as an overseas institution which is also respected by institutions like the Pentagon. At the end of the day, both are very highly regarded overseas. When you choose where you want to study, you should choose it based on which institution and its offerings benefit you the most and your choice shouldn't be based on something along the lines of "X institution is two spots higher than Y this year on Z rankings.

Anyways, at the end of the day, it's really all up to the OP. Both are good schools and both should be considered and examined on an equal level.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm American and I can assure you that KCL is well known as an overseas institution which is also respected by institutions like the Pentagon. At the end of the day, both are very highly regarded overseas. When you choose where you want to study, you should choose it based on which institution and its offerings benefit you the most and your choice shouldn't be based on something along the lines of "X institution is two spots higher than Y this year on Z rankings.

KCL is elite, LSE is super elite. That is how we view both in the UK. As I said, you don't turn down LSE if offered a place. It goes far deeper than just league tables.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Blitzkrieg15
KCL is elite, LSE is super elite. That is how we view both in the UK. As I said, you don't turn down LSE if offered a place. It goes far deeper than just league tables.

No offense, but you really haven't demonstrated why it goes deeper than league tables. All you've really done is say, "Choose LSE; It's well-respected."

Im not trying to say Kings is better than LSE, but I think it's pretty important that people thoroughly research where they attend because I've seen a LOT of "I hate LSE ppl r so boring and shizz" threads, and they stem from people who clearly just chose where they want to study based on some odd perception of prestige and they don't know what they're getting into.
No offense, but you really haven't demonstrated why it goes deeper than league tables. All you've really done is say, "Choose LSE; It's well-respected."

Im not trying to say Kings is better than LSE, but I think it's pretty important that people thoroughly research where they attend because I've seen a LOT of "I hate LSE ppl r so boring and shizz" threads, and they stem from people who clearly just chose where they want to study based on some odd perception of prestige and they don't know what they're getting into.

I think you are getting upset by the fact that you think I don't value KCL, which is incorrect. LSE is widely regarded in the UK as a solid top 3-4 institution overall. It is a very small institution, but nevertheless there should be plenty of scope to meet like-minded people. KCL is actually based virtually next door in Holborn.

There is plenty of material on the web to back up that LSE is one of the very best in the World, I need not explain anything here. The fact that you haven't appreciated this more is worrying.

The other thing is, students complain about every university to some degree, namely just how immature UK students can be. LSE seems to have a better perception in this regard compared to many other leading universities.
(edited 9 years ago)
Are there any applicants for Economic History? I havent encountered a lot of Econ History applicants, so it'd be super nice if someone else is an Economic History applicant too!
(edited 9 years ago)
Okay guys, sorry for derailing the thread.
Are there any applicants for Economic History? I havent encountered a lot of Econ History applicants, so it'd be super nice if someone else is an Economic History applicant too!

Ah, I see you are being sensible now, and keeping the academic nature in the spotlight rather than ''LSE students are boring'' hearsay, or the notion that LSE students get tricked into going there, that you brought up abruptly earlier. Good for you. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Hiya, I'm an Economic History applicant as well. Got my four week email on Monday
Hi. I am an international applicant and I havent been updated by LSE after the 2 week mail and its already been 16 days since I received it. Should I be worried?
Original post by Ashrav30
Hi. I am an international applicant and I havent been updated by LSE after the 2 week mail and its already been 16 days since I received it. Should I be worried?

No

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you applied to LSE as well? When did you hear from them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending