The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
Not sure if trolling or utter bitterness

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a Liverpool fan what do you think?
Not looking forward to the drive up to Liverpool this weekend..
Original post by Zerforax
Not looking forward to the drive up to Liverpool this weekend..

All about the train for me, mate.

First class on the way back, too.
Original post by jam277
So we gone to next year is our year mode then? :smile:

Of course, are you not familiar with this?

Original post by Mackay
All about the train for me, mate.

First class on the way back, too.

Going to pop off and see parents on the way and split the drive over the weekend.
Going to pop off and see parents on the way and split the drive over the weekend.

Yeah, the drive back didn't appeal to me that late at night. Would rather a few beers on the train home with my mate. Enjoy the game regardless! Which stand are you in?
Original post by Mackay
Yeah, the drive back didn't appeal to me that late at night. Would rather a few beers on the train home with my mate. Enjoy the game regardless! Which stand are you in?

In the corner in MW. How about you?
In the corner in MW. How about you?

Kop. First time ever! Hoping for a decent view. Had a really good seat for Swansea in the PL the other week in the Anfield Road End, but my seat for Middlesbrough and Swansea in the Capital One Cup wasn't the greatest.
Reply 9248
Original post by jam277

Is he any worse than Luis Suárez? Would also say that I've seen Aguero do worse stuff than Costa has done in the entirety of his Chelsea career but do we see people saying he's a dirtbag?

Costa has a reputation which he's not even living up to. Thought he'd be trying to gouge people's eyes out, using racist language and biting people the way people have been making his actions out to be this season.

Probably not much worse than Suarez no, but if I'm honest with you my view on him stems from his days at Athletico. Was a right little **** there, and to be honest I think it's just a matter of time before he replicates that here. He just needs the right agonists tbh. At athletico, he had loads of situations where he could reveal his inner beast (Ramos + Pepe come to mind), here he hasn't had many.

Would love to see him frustrate good old Joey Barton. Even Gervinho lost his cool with him

I wouldn't put Aguero in the Suarez & Costa category though
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Probably not much worse than Suarez no, but if I'm honest with you my view on him stems from his days at Athletico. Was a right little **** there, and to be honest I think it's just a matter of time before he replicates that here. He just needs the right agonists tbh. At athletico, he had loads of situations where he could reveal his inner beast (Ramos + Pepe come to mind), here he hasn't had many.

Would love to see him frustrate good old Joey Barton. Even Gervinho lost his cool with him

I wouldn't put Aguero in the Suarez & Costa category though

Suárez is easily worse than Costa, I can show you this with Suarez.

Tell me has Costa done anything near as bad in his Chelsea career as what Aguero or Suárez have done? Costa also calmed down in his final days at Atlético.
Reply 9250
Original post by jam277
Suárez is easily worse than Costa, I can show you this with Suarez.

Tell me has Costa done anything near as bad in his Chelsea career as what Aguero or Suárez have done? Costa also calmed down in his final days at Atlético.

Based on his four months in West London, I can't. Really? I don't remember him calming down - his last season at Athletico I can remember a lot if bust ups, especially in the Madrid derbies.

It's a matter for time IMO, but time'll tell. I don't think Mourinho is one to discipline his players tbh, he enjoys a bit of bust ups doesn't he?
Original post by SA-1
Based on his four months in West London, I can't.

Precisely, yet he still gets a bad rep.
Really? I don't remember him calming down - his last season at Athletico I can remember a lot if bust ups, especially in the Madrid derbies.

It's a derby and lets be clear here Madrid are no angels either, when you have Ronaldo kicking Gabis nose with his studs drawing blood and Real getting into a fight in every clasico clearly there's fault with them. Sergio Ramos and Pepe are the biggest ***** of CBs in world football and this comes from a guy who watches John Terry every week. Not to excuse Diego Costa but if it was Arsenal/Spurs getting into a fight with Costa or United in a non derby then I'd say he's been bad. But as of so far, people are making judgements on Costa due to his previous reputation.

It's a matter for time IMO, but time'll tell. I don't think Mourinho is one to discipline his players tbh, he enjoys a bit of bust ups doesn't he?

Oh trust me I know it's a matter of time before something bad happens, but people are looking at previous reputation. Would also say the same for Balotelli so far at Liverpool, who in terms of a behavioural sense on the pitch has done quite well but people still remember his time at Man City and his off the field antics when talking about his behaviour, saying he's a rotten apple. Guy has been on the bench and do you see him complaining and destroying team spirit. No.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9252
Apparently Heskey is set to return to Anfield within the next 24 hours, watch this space. I'm not convinced it's really what we need
For the Bolton game?
Original post by cBay
Apparently Heskey is set to return to Anfield within the next 24 hours, watch this space. I'm not convinced it's really what we need

Rumours Spearing will join him, too.
Reply 9255
Original post by Mackay
Rumours Spearing will join him, too.

oh damn, we really don't need that. He'll ****ing destroy us.
Original post by cBay
oh damn, we really don't need that. He'll ****ing destroy us.

what are the odds of heskey hattrick? :colone:

we let akinfenwa score.
a heskey goal is guaranteed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9257
Original post by Lúcio
what are the odds of heskey hattrick? :colone:

we let akinfenwa score.
a heskey goal is guaranteed.

Same odds as a Lambert hatrick 😏
Reply 9258
Original post by jam277
Precisely, yet he still gets a bad rep.

It's a derby and lets be clear here Madrid are no angels either, when you have Ronaldo kicking Gabis nose with his studs drawing blood and Real getting into a fight in every clasico clearly there's fault with them. Sergio Ramos and Pepe are the biggest ***** of CBs in world football and this comes from a guy who watches John Terry every week. Not to excuse Diego Costa but if it was Arsenal/Spurs getting into a fight with Costa or United in a non derby then I'd say he's been bad. But as of so far, people are making judgements on Costa due to his previous reputation.

Oh trust me I know it's a matter of time before something bad happens, but people are looking at previous reputation. Would also say the same for Balotelli so far at Liverpool, who in terms of a behavioural sense on the pitch has done quite well but people still remember his time at Man City and his off the field antics when talking about his behaviour, saying he's a rotten apple. Guy has been on the bench and do you see him complaining and destroying team spirit. No.

To be fair though, in football especially, a bad reputation will stick to a player unless it's a one off. When Suarez bit Ivanovic, he didn't really make any mistakes as such until he did it again at the world cup, I think almost a whole year later - yet he still carried his reputation throughout the whole season.

I get your points and somewhat agree but in football, especially in the PL, reputation will always be slapped on someone who repeats the same behavioural flaw more than once.

Also just wanna add - Ramos and Pepe are equally scummy, and it probably does take a scumbag to deal with another scumbag. But they way Costa was doing it that game was dirty (literally), wasn't he flinging his snot at them? :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTeVf0I_JmA
Heskey's much derided - but what a player he was during our Treble season. That hat-trick at Pride Park >

Quick Reply

Latest