Scroll to see replies

any economics offers today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1021
Have to agree with Deadpan.
I applied to Warwick early October. I have heard nothing. I loved Warwick at the Open Day and was genuinely excited about applying. It was my first choice. The talks were truly inspiring. I worked hard to put myself in a position to be considered as I'm sure all applicants do. I achieved 5 A's at AS in Further Maths, Maths, physics, economics & German. I could not have done more re Personal Statement. I've been Heavily involved with numerous economics activities. Essay competitions, writing for a magazine, economics related work experience, foreign youth Ambassador..I've attended open lectures, read widely & attempted to develop my knowledge. I am genuinely fascinated by the subject I have applied to.
I had hoped Warwick would have given me an answer by now. I understand it is highly competitive with equalky competent applicants from all over the world. I do not assume an offer, indeed if my application is not up to the mark then reject me. I respectively expect some communication after 4 months. You have the information, it's not going to change. If it wasn't good enough then what are you waiting for.
With regards to being a top 5 University for Economics, all my other choices are top 8 and I have heard from all of them. LSE being one,kept me informed by email about the status of my application throughout. They too have many applicants from around the globe yet they have been swift & efficient,my experience with them will probably lead me to accepting their offer. Warwick has definitely been disappointing. From being nos 1,I'm left feeling underwhelmed. All of my other choices have viewed my application positively & I am at a loss as to know why Warwick can't decide either way!
Come on Warwick. Surely you can do better. :confused:

Warwick;52319361]Thank you for your feedback. We are aware of how important applying to university is for thousands of students across the UK and around the world. As such we have made every effort to improve the time it takes for an applicant to receive a decision but there are many factors influencing this timescale. For example, we do not always receive applications straight away from UCAS, nor are our decisions always communicated straight away to applicants as there are many delays that can enter the system at different points in the year.

We hope that you receive news on your application soon and best of luck.
Reply 1022
Original post by Lab1
Have to agree with Deadpan.
I applied to Warwick early October. I have heard nothing. I loved Warwick at the Open Day and was genuinely excited about applying. It was my first choice. The talks were truly inspiring. I worked hard to put myself in a position to be considered as I'm sure all applicants do. I achieved 5 A's at AS in Further Maths, Maths, physics, economics & German. I could not have done more re Personal Statement. I've been Heavily involved with numerous economics activities. Essay competitions, writing for a magazine, economics related work experience, foreign youth Ambassador..I've attended open lectures, read widely & attempted to develop my knowledge. I am genuinely fascinated by the subject I have applied to.
I had hoped Warwick would have given me an answer by now. I understand it is highly competitive with equalky competent applicants from all over the world. I do not assume an offer, indeed if my application is not up to the mark then reject me. I respectively expect some communication after 4 months. You have the information, it's not going to change. If it wasn't good enough then what are you waiting for.
With regards to being a top 5 University for Economics, all my other choices are top 8 and I have heard from all of them. LSE being one,kept me informed by email about the status of my application throughout. They too have many applicants from around the globe yet they have been swift & efficient,my experience with them will probably lead me to accepting their offer. Warwick has definitely been disappointing. From being nos 1,I'm left feeling underwhelmed. All of my other choices have viewed my application positively & I am at a loss as to know why Warwick can't decide either way!
Come on Warwick. Surely you can do better. :confused:

Warwick;52319361]Thank you for your feedback. We are aware of how important applying to university is for thousands of students across the UK and around the world. As such we have made every effort to improve the time it takes for an applicant to receive a decision but there are many factors influencing this timescale. For example, we do not always receive applications straight away from UCAS, nor are our decisions always communicated straight away to applicants as there are many delays that can enter the system at different points in the year.

We hope that you receive news on your application soon and best of luck.

I received confirmation of my application from yourselves on the 8th October so no hold up from UCAS. The problems you face are not unique to Warwick. My other 4 choices will have had similar issues but it has not affected their ability to communicate. Frankly if it continues much longer I think I'll just firm up my choices regardless of the outcome at Warwick. Thank you for responding, it's nice to have some communication with Warwick even if it's through cyber space.:smile:
Original post by MrBowcat
Thanks! The offer was A*AA. They've only just started rolling out offers, so you will get yours soon too hopefully!

I really hope it's soon! Getting a bit bored of waiting haha, is warwick your favourite? If they give me an offer it'll be my firm although it'll be pressure getting the grades!
Original post by Honor-Angels
I really hope it's soon! Getting a bit bored of waiting haha, is warwick your favourite? If they give me an offer it'll be my firm although it'll be pressure getting the grades!

Warwick is definitely one of my favourites, but I'll probably end up firming UCL.
I couldn't agree more! I went to the open day and loved everything about the uni (and applied for three courses because of it) but since then I've heard nothing from them despite getting an offer from Cambridge 😕 while it would have been a coin toss between cambridge and warwick in October the fact that cambridge has gotten around to sending me an offer first and been a lot more open with there application process would make me lean towards Cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, Do Warwick Economics admissions look at MORSE applications as well as the Maths dept?
any economics offers today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have there been many Warwick rejections?

The fact I haven't been rejected yet gives me hope but equally I wonder if I only remain so as to allow Warwick to claim that all applicants receive equal consideration.
Original post by TheBigTime
Have there been many Warwick rejections?

The fact I haven't been rejected yet gives me hope but equally I wonder if I only remain so as to allow Warwick to claim that all applicants receive equal consideration.

No I was rejected on Friday and I know there have already been offers and rejections so believe me no news is still good news

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RuairiJH
No I was rejected on Friday and I know there have already been offers and rejections so believe me no news is still good news

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry about your rejections but would you tell me about your stats?
Original post by Aso816
I'm sorry about your rejections but would you tell me about your stats?

Gcses: 3A*7AB ( B in economics😅)
ASs A*AAB in maths economics physics and chemistry
UMS 98, 94, 90, 78 respectively
Doing A2 further maths, economics and physics
Predicted 4A*

It's no problem just was really surprised by it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RuairiJH
Gcses: 3A*7AB ( B in economics������)
ASs A*AAB in maths economics physics and chemistry
UMS 98, 94, 90, 78 respectively
Doing A2 further maths, economics and physics
Predicted 4A*

It's no problem just was really surprised by it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

so which uni are you heading for now?
Original post by Aso816
so which uni are you heading for now?

Cambridge 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I get the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1035
Hi Warwick.
can you please tell me the date you expect to complete your decisions for Economics Bsc. It is over 4 months now since I applied. I will need to make decisions on accommodation shortly at my other choices which will force me into having to firm up my choices. Loved Warwick & hanging out for an offer but this is crazy. Please can we have feedback!
Original post by University of Warwick
x

I hear a big increase in applications to warwick this year especially from international students and offers given to only 10% of applicants

How much truth is there in the above statement? Obviously, many of us are anxious to hear from the university, but absolutely nothing is being relayed to us.
Apparently, the source of this statement is someone from the post offer day last week, so I cannot confirm its validity, but I would like an admissions tutor's input.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1037
Hi, did anyone else got this email with all the pros for a campus uni and the cons of studying in a city?
I haven't even got an offer, so I was very surprised to find this.?
Original post by BiNa4
Hi, did anyone else got this email with all the pros for a campus uni and the cons of studying in a city?

Yep me neither, but they sent mails to everybody that have applied!! hope we get an offer soon!
Original post by BiNa4

At least this time they didn't include the "we know you'd rather have an offer" line :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest