The Student Room Group

Struggling to find industrial placement :(

Does anyone know any companies that do industrial placements for ICT/computer networking/cyber security in the west midlands?
Or any tips on finding one? I've looked at all the past ones that have been offered in my university but there weren't many and some of them don't do them anymore :frown:

Are companies really strict on the terms for your application? Some ask for UCAS points higher than what I have.
(edited 9 years ago)
prospects.ac.uk
Original post by shawn_o1
prospects.ac.uk

Thank you but couldn't find one on there either :frown:
I believe GSK may provide placements for ICT :colondollar:
Original post by zhang-liao
I believe GSK may provide placements for ICT :colondollar:

Thank you :smile: They do but sadly they are all in London. May need to move to find a placement :colondollar:
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Thank you :smile: They do but sadly they are all in London. May need to move to find a placement :colondollar:

I looked up a few of the GSK placements and saw a few were outside London :confused:

Have you tried Unilever or NHS or IBM? They could provide you an industrial placement can't they?
Original post by zhang-liao
I looked up a few of the GSK placements and saw a few were outside London :confused:

Have you tried Unilever or NHS or IBM? They could provide you an industrial placement can't they?

Woops, I just google mapped the first few places I saw and saw they are in/around London which is a bit far for me because I'm from the west midlands :tongue:
Unilever need 300 UCAS points, but I shall check the other two. Thank you!
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Woops, I just google mapped the first few places I saw and saw they are in/around London which is a bit far for me because I'm from the west midlands :tongue:
Unilever need 300 UCAS points, but I shall check the other two. Thank you!

:jumphug: Good luck Tinker :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending