The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
How are you this fine day Rapaz.

Yeah there needs to be a discussion on what matches actually deem match threads, kind of getting sick of it now.

There are really only 4 main threads and that's Chelsea Liverpool UTD Arsenal. Whenever two from those 4 play each other then make a thread to herd the posts together otherwise don't bother, since there's no real point. :smile:
Original post by AR_95
So was it 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3? pls answer

ozil left wing, but interchaged with Walcott on the right too
Reply 742
Original post by Wilfred Little
Not very strong.

Can't wait for this. Victories at The Emirates two seasons running :cool:

It's gonna happen.

Hi :smile:
Original post by AR_95
There are really only 4 main threads and that's Chelsea Liverpool UTD Arsenal. Whenever two from those 4 play each other then make a thread to herd the posts together otherwise don't bother, since there's no real point. :smile:

Original post by swirly
I propose a 4 party ,first to poll, veto system.

I agree, I'll have a chat with Sr90, Rock fan and Greeneyedgirl about it because clearly it's not popular with the majority on here and rightly so. Thanks :smile:

Also, someone answer AR's question pls.
Reply 744
Original post by swirly

ozil left wing, but interchaged with Walcott on the right too

Where's man like FK trying to say Ozil's career is over with 4-3-3
Reply 745
Original post by Tom_Ford
Yeah, was just about to say, inevitably the Barca vultures will come knocking and they will get him, which is why we should put more effort and hope into Jenkinson tbh. Bellerin will never be a real Arsenal man at heart when the big Spanish clubs call. Not bothered about Bellerin.

Don't forget Moreno still has ceiling and they could go for him in a few years too. Nothing to say Bellerin will be the best defender in the league, the claim is absolutely ridiculous (forgot who said this). He's threatening going forward but he is a defender first and foremost. Can't really say he's been tested against a side who have scored the least goals this season.
Original post by AR_95

I'd second this.
Original post by AR_95
Where's man like FK trying to say Ozil's career is over with 4-3-3

bang tidy winger today, but you probably want a winger to have more than 75 pace.

---

anyway whoscored.com agreed with me that Cazorla was MOTM
I remember when Wenger started adding goals to Cesc's game and Cesc had the 09-10 season where he scored 19 goals in 36 appearances. This was his penultimate season before his Barca strop season (when he ****ed off to the Barca bumboys).

I can see Wenger trying to put that type of development into Ozil's game, i.e. focusing on the direct/decisive final impact and I can see that this is most likely the reason for sticking him into a wing type of creative player position (rather than the middle). We like one more creative on one side and then a pace abuser on the other side with them switching sides if need be throughout the game. Cazorla is at his most effective in the CAM role, as the orchestrator. It all makes sense tbh, Ozil still has room for development. He really can become an absolute beast.
Would have made sense to give Gabriel twenty minutes towards the end of the game imo. The game was so far out of Villa's reach and they weren't offering anything - he could have been brought in and got to grips with the PL during what was practically an exhibition match.

Last thing you need is to throw him in at the deep end against Tottenham!
Original post by AR_95
Don't forget Moreno still has ceiling and they could go for him in a few years too. Nothing to say Bellerin will be the best defender in the league, the claim is absolutely ridiculous (forgot who said this). He's threatening going forward but he is a defender first and foremost. Can't really say he's been tested against a side who have scored the least goals this season.

I said he can become not will become one of or the best rb in the league
Reply 751
I remember when Wenger started adding goals to Cesc's game and Cesc had the 09-10 season where he scored 19 goals in 36 appearances. This was his penultimate season before his Barca strop season (when he ****ed off to the Barca bumboys).

I can see Wenger trying to put that type of development into Ozil's game, i.e. focusing on the direct/decisive final impact and I can see that this is most likely the reason for sticking him into a wing type of creative player position (rather than the middle). We like one more creative on one side and then a pace abuser on the other side with them switching sides if need be throughout the game. Cazorla is at his most effective in the CAM role, as the orchestrator. It all makes sense tbh, Ozil still has room for development. He really can become an absolute beast.

Agree with some of the points. Ozil's slow start wasn't due to being on the left wing but just not being up to pace fitness and form wise. Cazorla definitely deserves the central role over Ozil currently.
Reply 752
Original post by Numan786
I said he can become not will become one of or the best rb in the league

You could say a lot of things with can or will. Fact is I don't think Bellerin has been tested at all yet ( bit like Ospina) so I reserve judgement from him for now. Defensively I haven't seen anything to suggest he can be the best in a few years. At this rate Chambers is more likely to be the better defender and yet he's still miles off it.
Original post by AR_95

Tbh RB is a relatively easy position to fill. If we can do business with Barca for players like Sanchez then it need not be all bad.
Original post by AR_95
You could say a lot of things with can or will. Fact is I don't think Bellerin has been tested at all yet ( bit like Ospina) so I reserve judgement from him for now. Defensively I haven't seen anything to suggest he can be the best in a few years. At this rate Chambers is more likely to be the better defender and yet he's still miles off it.

He won't be the better right back though, his pace is not as good as Bellerin's. This in turn negatively affects his recovery ability (in contrast to Bellerin) and he gets burnt in one on ones. Also, from what I have seen, Bellerin's transitional play and crossing is quite far ahead.
Reply 755
He won't be the better right back though, his pace is not as good as Bellerin's. This in turn negatively affects his recovery ability (in contrast to Bellerin) and he gets burnt in one on ones. Also, from what I have seen, Bellerin's transitional play and crossing is quite far ahead.

Yeah but Chambers is on path to become a CB, which is why I specifically said defender haha. Chambers's positioning is generally better. Only reason he doesn't look as polished as say Bellerin does right now is because we've used and abused him (starting him every single game up until Debuchy's return) where our whole defence has been shredded and he's been made to look bad. Need to remember the few shockers Bellerin has also had, didn't he get subbed off pretty early vs Stoke?

Still calling it now. Chambers will be the better player in the future.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Yeah but Chambers is on path to become a CB, which is why I specifically said defender haha. Chambers's positioning is generally better. Only reason he doesn't look as polished as say Bellerin does right now is because we've used and abused him (starting him every single game up until Debuchy's return) where our whole defence has been shredded and he's been made to look bad. Need to remember the few shockers Bellerin has also had, didn't he get subbed off pretty early vs Stoke?

Still calling it now. Chambers will be the better player in the future.

Tbh I'm still hoping that Corporal Jenkinson will outgrow him and rise to become the banter king right back.
Have a bad feeling about this Bellerin kid, reminds me a bit too much of Cesc and Nasri, like a Cesc and Nasri hybrid look about him. But there is no doubt that he has world class potential since he is already playing games to a high level at 19. Zabaleta for example, at 19, was playing out in the sticks for San Lorenzo.
Reply 757
Tbh I'm still hoping that Corporal Jenkinson will outgrow him and rise to become the banter king right back.
Have a bad feeling about this Bellerin kid, reminds me a bit too much of Cesc and Nasri, like a Cesc and Nasri hybrid look about him. But there is no doubt that he has world class potential since he is already playing games to a high level at 19. Zabaleta for example, at 19, was playing out in the sticks for San Lorenzo.

Yeah Bellerin very much looks like the Cesc type.

Can't compare him to Nasri, at least he was ice cold and straight to the point
Original post by AR_95
Yeah Bellerin very much looks like the Cesc type.

Can't compare him to Nasri, at least he was ice cold and straight to the point

Just the face mate, he has that look of being an absolute **** when the time comes. E.g. Cashley, E.g. Nasri. You can spot these lads a mile off.
Who the **** could have predicted that?

Wenger clearly put something in Ozil's Weetabix this morning - unreal.

Latest