Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Futuremedic2096
She's natsci
Just an observation but for a future doctor you seem awfully narrow minded

I'm not trying to criticise your friend. It's her choice where she wants to study ofc and the fact we're not talking about medicine changes everything.

If someone was trying to become a doctor, I'd be shocked if they couldn't handle a uni course. She's not aiming to become a doctor, though, so it's a different story.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider passing on Cambridge if they gave me an offer for natural sciences (if I applied for that course). Maybe that's due to personal ambition.
(edited 9 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Had my interview last Tuesday and I'm dreading the wait! Anything I can do to pass the time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1582
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Had my interview last Tuesday and I'm dreading the wait! Anything I can do to pass the time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

same here.. i don't know.. but i try to keep myself as busy as possible.. :tongue:
Original post by YvT1
same here.. i don't know.. but i try to keep myself as busy as possible.. :tongue:

I just think going on TSR makes time go even slower lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1584
I just think going on TSR makes time go even slower lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah.. expecting answers and constantly makes u think about it..
Had my interview last tuesday I came out of my interview thinking that it actually went quite well and i even enjoyed it...
But the more i think about my answers, the more i feel like it went really bad :frown: really dont know what to expect in terms of an offer/rejection :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
I'm not trying to criticise your friend. It's her choice where she wants to study ofc and the fact we're not talking about medicine changes everything.

If someone was trying to become a doctor, I'd be shocked if they couldn't handle a uni course. She's not aiming to become a doctor, though, so it's a different story.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider passing on Cambridge if they gave me an offer for natural sciences (if I applied for that course). Maybe that's due to personal ambition.

I wasn't referring to medicine hah
Nor would i but it goes beyond ambition, people are so complicated
Original post by ~Zahra~
Had my interview last tuesday I came out of my interview thinking that it actually went quite well and i even enjoyed it...
But the more i think about my answers, the more i feel like it went really bad :frown: really dont know what to expect in terms of an offer/rejection :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought my interview went quite badly personally but still ended up with an offer. :tongue: I think the majority of people after interviews contemplate what they could have done or what they could have said better so try not to worry about it (as hard as it is!).
Reply 1588
Original post by indahouse
Hi all,
I've received an offer from both Cambridge and imperial (a*a*a and aaac) and having a tough time choosing one. On one hand i like the more diverse course at imperial, but on the other hand there is big pressure and prestige to go to cam. Any suggestions from other people in this situation?

I have a Cambridge offer for A*A*A, but if I get an Imperial or UCL offer I will firm them over Cambridge.
It really depends on you. I prefer Imperial (and UCL) because there are so many clubs, theyre in London meaning easier to get work experience at hospitals and I want to have a good social life.
I wasn't referring to medicine hah
Nor would i but it goes beyond ambition, people are so complicated

True.

In this case, I can't really understand her position, though.
Original post by ~Zahra~

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had the same problem! I came out feeling quite content regarding it, but the more I thought over my answers and overanalysed them, the more anxious I got! And I got an offer 8 days later😊 keep in mind that they don't have the time in the moment to analyse your answers either, and your gut instinct is normally right

Posted from TSR Mobile
True.

In this case, I can't really understand her position, though.

I was joking too

No it's hard to unless you know about all manner of things relating to X
Have you made your mind up yet as to which uni you're gracing with your presence?
I was joking too

No it's hard to unless you know about all manner of things relating to X
Have you made your mind up yet as to which uni you're gracing with your presence?

You were joking about the whole scenario?

Na, I haven't decided yet. I need to sit down and dedicate a day to just considering the pros and cons of both Imperial and Birmingham.
You were joking about the whole scenario?

Na, I haven't decided yet. I need to sit down and dedicate a day to just considering the pros and cons of both Imperial and Birmingham.

Nooo
The whole you're narrow minded thing
(edited 9 years ago)
Nooo
The whole you're narrow minded thing

I wasn't particularly offended by that tbh, considering you don't really know me anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Mad how people are considering imperial and ucl over Cambridge, man I have an oxford offer and i wouldnt trade it for offers from every other medical school in the country haha. Guess its each to their owm
Reply 1596
those who got offers what time exactly was their ucas track updated?
thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by YvT1
those who got offers what time exactly was their ucas track updated?
thanks in advance :smile:

Didn't get the email that it had updated until Wednesday evening (the next day) I only checked track because of tans the legend
Reply 1598
Didn't get the email that it had updated until Wednesday evening (the next day) I only checked track because of tans the legend

thanks a lot.. :smile:) i'll keep this in mind!!
If you are given an offer from cambridge is means they know that you can cope. If you think you can deal with the workload and meet your offer for Cambridge, then you can go on and do well there!

I did hear that people with 3 or 4 A* at A level are likely to get a 1st at Cambridge if they work hard.

On the other hand, imperial is a great uni aswell. Middle of London, prestigious, great social life! And similar to Cambridge it is a leading uni for research and you get 2 degrees out of your 6 years!

Wherever you go for medicine it will be hard, whether it be Cambridge, Imperial, Manchester, Leeds, or Aberdeen. Its up to you to decide on the course structure, social life, and whether you like to live in a small town or a big city.

However since we're in the Imperial thread, I'd say go for imperial mate :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Love this reply, totally agree!
But yeah, come to imperial, it'll be more fun I'm sure :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending