The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom_Ford
Not beating Spurs would be disastrous tbh. It has to be done.
Beating Maureen in what turns out to be decisive points to their title hopes would be the absolute king though. *Orgasms*

A draw at WHL would not be disastrous, as long as we don't lose, we can retain our momentum. Imagine beating the Special (Needs) One and then they lose to City by 1 point. It would be amazing.
Original post by Arkasia
A draw at WHL would not be disastrous, as long as we don't lose, we can retain our momentum. Imagine beating the Special (Needs) One and then they lose to City by 1 point. It would be amazing.

*walks into Arsenal thread, sees small club mentality, walks out*

There is always room for Tim Curry in this thread.
Original post by FellainiSucks
*walks into Arsenal thread, sees small club mentality, walks out*

You are a United fan and your name is slagging off one of your own players. One of the more important ones for you as well. I am pretty sure you lot were creaming yourselves after beating Cambridge in a replay.
Original post by Arkasia
You are a United fan and your name is slagging off one of your own players. One of the more important ones for you as well. I am pretty sure you lot were creaming yourselves after beating Cambridge in a replay.

Check my post history, I certainly wasn't. With regards to your first point, I'm a music fan but I don't like AC/DC.
Not beating Spurs would be disastrous tbh. It has to be done.
Beating Maureen in what turns out to be decisive points to their title hopes would be the absolute king though. *Orgasms*

Original post by Arkasia

Nah best one would be they lose on goal difference lmao
Original post by Numan786

That'd be brilliant.
Original post by Numan786

We have a much superior goal difference to City. So you're expecting City to start winning by 3 goal+ scorelines and for Chelsea not to do that when Chelsea have been scoring 2.5 goals a game.
Reply 949
Nah the best situation would be for them to win it with a massive lead then come the last day of the premier league, Mouh is deducted points for match fixing and money laundering

:colonhash:
Reply 950
[video="youtube;beDo6mX993o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beDo6mX993o[/video]

Utter madness. Feel so sorry for them
^ Tbh it just goes to show how good Arsene Wenger is in regards to losing star players season after season and yet consistently finishing in the top 4.
^ Tbh it just goes to show how good Arsene Wenger is in regards to losing star players season after season and yet consistently finishing in the top 4.

I always really wanted klopp to come to arsenal, but this year has just really tainted things..

We know the good about him - how well he can lead a team, and that he can and probably would achieve great things with arsenal..

But now we have seen how he deals with a collapse, and its been a disaster.. kind of feel like he is far to much of a risk now. and even if he does well to start with... I would always be worried that this would happen..
Original post by fallen_acorns
I always really wanted klopp to come to arsenal, but this year has just really tainted things..

We know the good about him - how well he can lead a team, and that he can and probably would achieve great things with arsenal..

But now we have seen how he deals with a collapse, and its been a disaster.. kind of feel like he is far to much of a risk now. and even if he does well to start with... I would always be worried that this would happen..

I think he is a great manager in a given environment, as you suggest however. it has proven to be the case (so far) that he cannot steer a ship in a storm towards stability. Mentally, his players are unsettled. Simple 5 yard passes going astray and the like. The mental aspect in sport is so important and to me he seems like the blood, guts and fire type in the dressing room. Which of course, unless you are Sir Alex, this approach tends to burn out within a few seasons unless you sell your players that cannot get motivated anymore and seamlessly integrate a new batch (e.g. Southampton).

I still think the players are the ones I am quite appalled at though, someone like Hummels for example that seems to have World Cup hangover big time... much like Mertesacker did. I have reservations about Hummels because even when he was playing well I felt that there always seemed to be one mistake in him to be capitalised upon.
Only, Mertesacker cannot take that approach anymore as he'll be dropped in a flash. He is more dispensable now that we have younger players snapping at his place. Gundogan has somehow gotten fat...

Wenger uses simulation/data analysis programmes to decide whether to drop a player or not, so it is not really the case that players can continue just messing up and continuing playing in the team.
(edited 9 years ago)
Remember a story once about Bergkamp having a bit of a fit at Wenger for dropping him. Wenger cited the statistics from the player data software to justify the drop. If the guy can drop the Ice Man like that...

Can just imagine Arsene looking at his computer screen and saying "Computer says noooo".
Gundogan lost his weight in the summer though. He was only a porker when he was injured. This was prior to the start of the season.

Hazard is usually a porker for some reason during pre season.

Original post by AR_95
[video="youtube;beDo6mX993o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beDo6mX993o[/video]

Utter madness. Feel so sorry for them

Don't give a ****. Thought Dortmund will be done by now anyway. They're a completely different team in the CL which is what I don't get. I don't know how they will fare against Juventus. Logic tends to Juve getting through but BVB are that team capable of a big game performance. Don't see why Arsenal should go for Hummels, a slow player in a high line suicidal system that's reliant on the keeper filling space as a sweeper keeper. Neuer made Hummels have a great world cup, much like De Gea is making these United defenders not concede.

Brb BVB get to CL final.
Brb BVB get relegated as well.
Strong everything.
(edited 9 years ago)
No Alexis for Saturday.
Original post by Stalin
No Alexis for Saturday.

When one comes, another goes
Reply 959
Original post by shawn_o1
When one comes, another goes

Would rather him skip it if it prevents an injury tbh. He's training, lightly. He should be available for Tuesday.

We can take um on Saturday.

Latest