The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Accommodation 2015!

Hey guys! It may be a little early as I don't think most of you have seen the accommodation yet but I was wondering if any of you knew which accommodation you'll be going to and why!? :cool:

I really like the look of GSS (Gill Street South), I like the idea that it will be university owned accommodation so I feel like there will be a lot more events taking place during freshers, how ever it is just so expensive!

I was then looking at the Private Accommodation such as the Glass House and Mansion Square because what you get for your money is so much more worth it!
I'm estimated to get 4k for my student living costs which is no where near enough for the Nottingham Trent accommodations, my parents refuse to pay for it so unless I get a job it looks like I'll be staying in my home city for university anyway!
But I really like Nottingham Trent! What are you guys thinking of? :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Who the hell would want to go to Nottingham. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Sezena
Hey guys! It may be a little early as I don't think most of you have seen the accommodation yet but I was wondering if any of you knew which accommodation you'll be going to and why!? :cool:

I really like the look of GSS (Gill Street South), I like the idea that it will be university owned accommodation so I feel like there will be a lot more events taking place during freshers, how ever it is just so expensive!

I was then looking at the Private Accommodation such as the Glass House and Mansion Square because what you get for your money is so much more worth it!
I'm estimated to get 4k for my student living costs which is no where near enough for the Nottingham Trent accommodations, my parents refuse to pay for it so unless I get a job it looks like I'll be staying in my home city for university anyway!
But I really like Nottingham Trent! What are you guys thinking of? :biggrin:

Hey:-) I saw Gill street south on the open day and it looked really nice, but yeah.. really expensive. I'm probably gonna go for private accommodation cos they're cheaper and just as nice, some are nicer! I'm looking at Trinity Square or IQ Nottingham (you should check them out) because I want to have as much money left over from my loan as possible but still live somewhere nice :smile:
Heyy
I've only looked at a few places, I liked the look of prevelle cause it's close to the uni and gym etc! But then again i'm not sure! I wanna be somewhere were lots of stuff is happening and where it's not too expensive, so I actually don't know what to do!
Reply 4
Original post by Nabiha06
Hey:-) I saw Gill street south on the open day and it looked really nice, but yeah.. really expensive. I'm probably gonna go for private accommodation cos they're cheaper and just as nice, some are nicer! I'm looking at Trinity Square or IQ Nottingham (you should check them out) because I want to have as much money left over from my loan as possible but still live somewhere nice :smile:

Yeah I've looked at them, they're nice too! I also like the idea that with the private halls you tend to get a kettle and Iron board, as well as plates etc so you don't have to worry about people brining loads of stuff and ending up with 30 odd kettles!
Reply 5
Original post by nicolecole
Heyy
I've only looked at a few places, I liked the look of prevelle cause it's close to the uni and gym etc! But then again i'm not sure! I wanna be somewhere were lots of stuff is happening and where it's not too expensive, so I actually don't know what to do!

Yeah Gym is an important factor! I would like somewhere that has a gym and it's a good price, however I know what you mean by being part of everything in the centre!
Hey, Nottingham is my top choice but unfortunately being a non-UK student (and currently working) I don't have the chance to fly over for open days nor see any accommodation :/ so I'm trying to get as much info as possible from people who've been there haha any help is appreciated :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Sezena
Yeah I've looked at them, they're nice too! I also like the idea that with the private halls you tend to get a kettle and Iron board, as well as plates etc so you don't have to worry about people brining loads of stuff and ending up with 30 odd kettles!

Yeah! haha. I'm gonna go and have a look at Trinity square on the applicant day, might as well seen as though i'll be in Nottingham anyway. Going to try and book a viewing for IQ on the same day as well.

What course are you going to do?:smile:
Original post by bettysroses
Hey, Nottingham is my top choice but unfortunately being a non-UK student (and currently working) I don't have the chance to fly over for open days nor see any accommodation :/ so I'm trying to get as much info as possible from people who've been there haha any help is appreciated :smile:

Hi Bettyrosses,

I am a student here at NTU currently on placement. Nottingham city is a student- friendly place to live and Study. There are lots of opportunities you can get involved in when you arrive.Why not take a look at our accommodation website to find out more about accommodation available. Also you can speak to an adviser from the accommodations team on +44 (0) 115 848 2894 who can discuss options available to you. Here are a few links you can take a look at.

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/study_with_us/student_life/index.html

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/study_with_us/accommodation/index.html

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/study_with_us/student_life/nottingham/nightlife/index.html#4

https://twitter.com/TrentUni

Let me know if you need any help!

Cheers,
Erica
Reply 9
I've definitely decided on private halls, the rooms are so much nicer for a cheaper price than the nice Nottingham Trent accommodation! I think I'm going to look around on Saturday so I'll share my opinions on here with you all!
Original post by Sezena
I've definitely decided on private halls, the rooms are so much nicer for a cheaper price than the nice Nottingham Trent accommodation! I think I'm going to look around on Saturday so I'll share my opinions on here with you all!

Please do so! That'd be most useful especially since I just got an offer today :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by bettysroses
Please do so! That'd be most useful especially since I just got an offer today :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry I will!
Congratulations! :biggrin: What's your offer and studying what if you don't mind me asking? I've got an unconditional for Psychology! :smile:
Original post by Sezena
Don't worry I will!
Congratulations! :biggrin: What's your offer and studying what if you don't mind me asking? I've got an unconditional for Psychology! :smile:

I've got an offer for psychology and criminology! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by sophiehowxrd
I've got an offer for psychology and criminology! :smile:

Aw yay we might be in some of the same lectures then! :biggrin:
Where was you thinking of staying?
Original post by Sezena
Aw yay we might be in some of the same lectures then! :biggrin:
Where was you thinking of staying?

yeah hopefully!
I literally have no idea yet, you?
Reply 15
yeah hopefully!
I literally have no idea yet, you?

I really don't know! I've been looking at private and a place called Halley house looks really nice and its a reasonable price too!
http://primopropertymanagement.co.uk/student-accommodation/nottingham/halley-house

That's the link for it but I'm also looking at;
Goldsmith Court
Minerva House
The Glass House
Russell View
Mansion square
Halley House
IQ Nottingham
St Peters Court

I really want to know what they're like in person and more information so if anyone knows at all please say? I live two and a half hours away from Nottingham so it's quite a hassle for accomodation! I can only get viewing for Hallee House and Russle View so far :frown:
Original post by Sezena
I really don't know! I've been looking at private and a place called Halley house looks really nice and its a reasonable price too!
http://primopropertymanagement.co.uk/student-accommodation/nottingham/halley-house

That's the link for it but I'm also looking at;
Goldsmith Court
Minerva House
The Glass House
Russell View
Mansion square
Halley House
IQ Nottingham
St Peters Court

I really want to know what they're like in person and more information so if anyone knows at all please say? I live two and a half hours away from Nottingham so it's quite a hassle for accomodation! I can only get viewing for Hallee House and Russle View so far :frown:

which applicant day are you going to?
Reply 17
which applicant day are you going to?

I went last year so I'm not going to one this year :smile:
Original post by Sezena
I went last year so I'm not going to one this year :smile:

ahh okay :smile: I wanna see the accommodation because I literally have no idea
Reply 19
ahh okay :smile: I wanna see the accommodation because I literally have no idea

The Unis nicest ones are Gill street South and Byron but they're really expensive :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending