The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Dukey update: I righted the ship, I'm feeling more fresh and somewhat alive for now (in a 'woaaaah, yeaaaah' sense) and sorted out some stuff that will see me do joint honours. I have managed to get a lot of assignment work done and feel like I'm on top of things for the first time in a while. I'm learning new languages (the very basics though) with some friends which also means meeting new people. I've made some new friends who saw past my inability to say something relevant and liked me for it.

My friend told me in so many words how much it means to her how much I care and understand her battles with mental health. Makes me feel so happy because it's a two way street as she has done the same without her knowing about it.

I also agree, we need prescriptive hugs :tongue:

:hugs: for all of you, I adore you all :lovehug:
Original post by IDukem
Dukey update: I righted the ship, I'm feeling more fresh and somewhat alive for now (in a 'woaaaah, yeaaaah' sense) and sorted out some stuff that will see me do joint honours. I have managed to get a lot of assignment work done and feel like I'm on top of things for the first time in a while. I'm learning new languages (the very basics though) with some friends which also means meeting new people. I've made some new friends who saw past my inability to say something relevant and liked me for it.

My friend told me in so many words how much it means to her how much I care and understand her battles with mental health. Makes me feel so happy because it's a two way street as she has done the same without her knowing about it.

So happy for you, my Dukey-wookie! :lovehug:
Original post by Laeliakiwi
Philosophy!!! That's so cool! What do you hope to do after you graduate? I was doing my a-levels but I became unwell. So now I will restart year 12 in September, I was a bit annoyed by this but it's for the best. :smile:

I have no idea haha, philosophy teacher maybe? I want to help people in some capacity :h: Awww I'm sorry to hear that, this is the perfect opportunity for you to cause your setback to turn into your greatest comeback :smile: :hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
So happy for you, my Dukey-wookie! :lovehug:

Thanks The_Lovely_Goatherd :lovehug:

I just want to make others happy whilst doing the same for myself at the same time :h: Or at least, I'll try too :colondollar:

Safe to say, this little break-a-way from full-time posting on this thread has helped :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm OK thanks. I'm really sorry things are so rough for you atm :frown:

Good :smile: Thanks, not too sure what's going on this last month or so really but hoping it passes quickly, I don't like it :colondollar:

Original post by IDukem

Glad things are looking up for you a bit! And joint honours sounds interesting- why philosophy out of interest? At least I think that was you.... Good about your friend, too :yep: :hugs:

Not too sure about the prescriptive hugs thing though, they're good on here but irl I'm really not a fan :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should be sleeping. But this Law work is bugging me. trying to get the first part done before i sleep. nearly at the word count i want per case study......
Reply 607
Feeling so so **** about myself as a human being right now. Im a waste of space, a waste of oxygen and just a waste

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I had to have an MRI tonight. I stupidly didn't ask to be sedated in advance (turns out I didn't realise how claustrophobic I was) despite being really anxious. Had an amazing friend with me who helped me through panic attacks during the scan. I normally don't talk to my friends about my MH stuff but I had told them this was happening and I might need to be accompanied if sedated etc - really glad I did that because although I wasn't sedated, my friend was a HUGE help and I couldn't have done it without her.

Moral of story - i have realised it is OK for friends to know I have MH stuff and even for them to see it in action, and that it is super, super helpful to be able to trust that support network.

Feeling quite emotional about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Feeling so so **** about myself as a human being right now. Im a waste of space, a waste of oxygen and just a waste

Posted from TSR Mobile

you're not any of those things hun :nah: :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous

me :sigh:
Reply 611
Original post by Anonymous

I am :sadnod:
Just at such a loss :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Crying for no reason, feel really stupid. I'm such an idiot.
I am :sadnod:
Just at such a loss :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: why do you think youre a waste? :frown:
Reply 614
Original post by ScaryScience
:hugs: why do you think youre a waste? :frown:

Just feeling **** about myself

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Todot
Congratulations for getting a position! :smile: I don't think people would think you were weird if you asked about the other position although might be best not to if its going to start you overthinking. Also I would say that whilst having a position is scary you don't know how well you do until you try - I bet you'll do better than you think - and you could always ask someone else to be a kind of unofficial (or official) backup if you're struggling.

Thanks :redface: Haven't so far, but I guess if it comes up I might do. Not sure. Feeling a bit more settled with this position, I think? Not sure - with it out of my mind currently I think it's possibly best I don't ask :colondollar:

Yeah luckily there will be a couple of people who are v. good around so that should make it easier hopefully :redface: Just sorta scared/think I'm quite likely to just become someone doing the role, but not properly filling it? Just sort of someone there to do the stuff that's needed, whereas it's a leadership role sort of? Sort of. I'm just quiet though sort of/don't like telling people what to do/while I do definitely have stuff to say, quite often take more of a backseat/wait for other people first? I don't know - not all the time, but I think that that's how I'd describe myself. Maybe. But hopefully this'll help me build on that. Sorry, such a ramble! Please do ignore :yes:

More importantly, how're you doing? :hugs:

Original post by Pathway
Ehlers-Danlos, hypermobile type. Can have chronic fatigue as a bonus symptom, though. I am mainly trying to deal with the chronic pain that my GP is refusing to give me medication for which is also why I am relying so heavily on dissociation to cope - more so than usual.

I'm glad the election went well!! And definitely, you deserve a treat. :jumphug: You're definitely gonna be great in this position, and you can always ask for help if it gets too much! We are always here if you need us too. MHSS will support you for sure. :hugs:

I'll be alright, just kind of down. Got GP tomorrow, hopefully she can help me out though - struggling a bit right now with everything. How are you? Message me if you want to talk through anything, feeling mixed up is difficult to deal with - you don't really know where you stand from one minute to the next! :hugs:

Ah I'm sorry to hear that :frown: had a brief read through on nhs website :s-smilie: That doesn't sound good :frown: :hugs:

Thanks! Ordered this afternoon in a period of good mood/at the library so couldn't be spending ages looking at pictures/deciding - should arrive tomorrow! :eek: :redface: Thanks, was better than I thought it'd go today just generally being around the society, so that's good.

I'm sorry GP was rubbish :frown: Perhaps try asking to see consultant and emphasising other stuff? I don't know :s-smilie: Stupid that you need to, and that she's been rubbish :frown: :hugs:

Original post by Odd socks
I actually managed to get through rehearsal and I spoke to people and managed a couple of improv scenes and im so glad I was brave enough to go :redface:

Well done! :eek: :smile: (also extra congrats for PURPLY-Y-NESS!!! :gah: :hugs:

feel completely and utterly sorry for myself. sick of suffering sick of existing sick of trying and failing to study sick of being alone sick of it all

:frown: :jumphug: Sorry about other stuff too :s-smilie: Hope it's not too bad :frown: :hugs: About for a bit if talking or anything would help :hugs:

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

------------------------------------------------------

As have already splurged to todot/above about :s-smilie: today went better than I thought/exec role not as bad as I thought I'd feel about it? So that's good :redface:
Still feel quite odd/a bit sort of out of place in the role? But people don't seem to be expecting me to act differently I don't think? So that's sort of a relief/possibly what I feared would happen? Not sure. Not much has actually changed from the looks of things, which is the main relief. Will have extra stuff to do/emails to send and stuff, but not sure that I necessarily have to change so much? Which is good/saying that seems so silly, but I think in my head I was just sort of getting scared about that.

Haven't done anything for Time to Talk day :s-smilie: well done to all who've done stuff :hugs: Tempted to click "going" on a MH-awareness week event at Uni, but also just don't know :s-smilie: :dontknow:

Anyway, yes - today better than I thought. Still nowhere on this essay :s-smilie: but I think I'll just ignore that until the last minute/get in trouble for it and then just breakdown a bit about it :frown: Group tomorrow, hoping it'll be okay :s-smilie: This week's been eventful to say the least :s-smilie: :/ I think.
Just feeling **** about myself

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by purple-duck
Thanks :redface: Haven't so far, but I guess if it comes up I might do. Not sure. Feeling a bit more settled with this position, I think? Not sure - with it out of my mind currently I think it's possibly best I don't ask :colondollar:

Yeah luckily there will be a couple of people who are v. good around so that should make it easier hopefully :redface: Just sorta scared/think I'm quite likely to just become someone doing the role, but not properly filling it? Just sort of someone there to do the stuff that's needed, whereas it's a leadership role sort of? Sort of. I'm just quiet though sort of/don't like telling people what to do/while I do definitely have stuff to say, quite often take more of a backseat/wait for other people first? I don't know - not all the time, but I think that that's how I'd describe myself. Maybe. But hopefully this'll help me build on that. Sorry, such a ramble! Please do ignore :yes:

More importantly, how're you doing? :hugs:

Ah I'm sorry to hear that :frown: had a brief read through on nhs website :s-smilie: That doesn't sound good :frown: :hugs:

Thanks! Ordered this afternoon in a period of good mood/at the library so couldn't be spending ages looking at pictures/deciding - should arrive tomorrow! :eek: :redface: Thanks, was better than I thought it'd go today just generally being around the society, so that's good.

I'm sorry GP was rubbish :frown: Perhaps try asking to see consultant and emphasising other stuff? I don't know :s-smilie: Stupid that you need to, and that she's been rubbish :frown: :hugs:

Well done! :eek: :smile: (also extra congrats for PURPLY-Y-NESS!!! :gah: :hugs:

:frown: :jumphug: Sorry about other stuff too :s-smilie: Hope it's not too bad :frown: :hugs: About for a bit if talking or anything would help :hugs:

Spoiler

------------------------------------------------------

As have already splurged to todot/above about :s-smilie: today went better than I thought/exec role not as bad as I thought I'd feel about it? So that's good :redface:
Still feel quite odd/a bit sort of out of place in the role? But people don't seem to be expecting me to act differently I don't think? So that's sort of a relief/possibly what I feared would happen? Not sure. Not much has actually changed from the looks of things, which is the main relief. Will have extra stuff to do/emails to send and stuff, but not sure that I necessarily have to change so much? Which is good/saying that seems so silly, but I think in my head I was just sort of getting scared about that.

Haven't done anything for Time to Talk day :s-smilie: well done to all who've done stuff :hugs: Tempted to click "going" on a MH-awareness week event at Uni, but also just don't know :s-smilie: :dontknow:

Anyway, yes - today better than I thought. Still nowhere on this essay :s-smilie: but I think I'll just ignore that until the last minute/get in trouble for it and then just breakdown a bit about it :frown: Group tomorrow, hoping it'll be okay :s-smilie: This week's been eventful to say the least :s-smilie: :/ I think.

:hugs: thanks hun. hope youre ok, hope group goes well.
cried a river tonight. done with today. gonna try and sleep I think cause too much hurt.
Reply 619

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest