The Student Room Group

Strategic Marketing at Imperial College Business School

Hello guys, I'm planning to apply for Imeperial College Business school strategic marketing 2015 intake. I would like to know insights from people who are currently pursuing the course or who are thinking of applying. I would like to know more about application process, interview, how competitive it is and how to make your application standout

Thank you :smile:)
(edited 9 years ago)
Hiya! I noticed that you haven't received any responses yet. You may have better luck posting in the dedicated Imperial forum. You can find it here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
hey, i just got my offer letter and would be happy to help you out.. the application process requires you filling out a form online which includes your long term and short term goals, why you chose to pursue the course at imperial and a personal statement about yourself. The interview is a Skype one, and try to be as natural as possible- they will ask you about what marketing campaign you find interesting and why, what you plan to accomplish after you finish the course, some basic questions about marketing. I think the best way to stand out is to be yourself, put across what you're passionate about and why it has led you to choose the course, also do some research on the person interviewing you and some of the lecturers e.g one of the marketing psychology lecturers at the university's thesis was the basis of a big bang theory episode lucky for me she was the one interviewing me. It is a pretty competitive course about 1200 people apply every year and about 160-180 people are chosen. Let me know if theres anything i can help you with
Hi, I have applied for this course and I wanted to ask roughly how long did Imperial take to get back to you to tell you that you have an interview offer (from the time you submitted your application)?, roughly how long did Imperial take to get back to you to tell you that you have an offer (from the time you finished your interview)? and when did you submit your application?

I am asking this because, since I have applied for this course, I wanted an idea of how long I should wait to hear back from Imperial
Reply 4
Original post by midnight999
Hi, I have applied for this course and I wanted to ask roughly how long did Imperial take to get back to you to tell you that you have an interview offer (from the time you submitted your application)?, roughly how long did Imperial take to get back to you to tell you that you have an offer (from the time you finished your interview)? and when did you submit your application?

I am asking this because, since I have applied for this course, I wanted an idea of how long I should wait to hear back from Imperial

Hey,I submit my application on November 17,got CID on Nov 22,had my interview on January 19,but still no reply yet,there are lots of people got offer or rej few days after the interview(within 2 weeks),I don't know what happened...But the only thing I can do is wait:wink:
Original post by Bee234
hey, i just got my offer letter and would be happy to help you out.. the application process requires you filling out a form online which includes your long term and short term goals, why you chose to pursue the course at imperial and a personal statement about yourself. The interview is a Skype one, and try to be as natural as possible- they will ask you about what marketing campaign you find interesting and why, what you plan to accomplish after you finish the course, some basic questions about marketing. I think the best way to stand out is to be yourself, put across what you're passionate about and why it has led you to choose the course, also do some research on the person interviewing you and some of the lecturers e.g one of the marketing psychology lecturers at the university's thesis was the basis of a big bang theory episode lucky for me she was the one interviewing me. It is a pretty competitive course about 1200 people apply every year and about 160-180 people are chosen. Let me know if theres anything i can help you with

As you have got your offer letter and have had an interview. I would like to ask roughly how long did Imperial take to get back to you to tell you that you have an interview offer (from the time you submitted your application)?, roughly how long did Imperial take to get back to you to tell you that you have an offer (from the time you finished your interview)? and when did you submit your application?

Original post by Bee234

Do you remember what the basic questions were that you were asked about marketing? Because I think it will help me to prepare for my interview

Also was your interviewer Marialena by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending