The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

2015/16 firmers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sophshmeh
So it isn't just me who's really bored in their gap year. :frown: Unconditional place to study English (literature)! I'm commuting too.

Urgh your our definitley not alone. I'm bored out of my brains!!! Congrats on the offer. Yay! Where in the city are you commuting from?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 21
Original post by chloebassett23
They run freshers events specifically for people who commute so you don't end up like that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do they really?:colondollar: That's so nice of them to not forget about us commuters.
Can you firm an unconditional offer even if you haven't heard back from all of your universities yet? Or would you have to withdraw from your other applications?
Original post by megannlizz
Can you firm an unconditional offer even if you haven't heard back from all of your universities yet? Or would you have to withdraw from your other applications?

You have to withdraw your other applications. That's what I had to do for one of my choices who were taking forever to reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophus18x
Urgh your our definitley not alone. I'm bored out of my brains!!! Congrats on the offer. Yay! Where in the city are you commuting from?

I have an interview tomorrow so.. hopefully i'll have a job soon :frown: South Birmingham, the buses I need to get only take like 30 minutes from my house, I'm beyond lucky!
Original post by Leanne1455
You have to withdraw your other applications. That's what I had to do for one of my choices who were taking forever to reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right, I see. I'm definitely going to form my unconditional at the end of the day. I've had three interviews- one conditional and one unconditional offer. I might just wait it out because to be honest I'm quite interested to see if I would get an offer from my third interview! (Is that really bad haha?!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophus18x
Do they really?:colondollar: That's so nice of them to not forget about us commuters.

Yes they do :smile: they realise how easy it is to feel isolated if you commute, so they get all the commuters together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Hey guys! Firmed for BA Modern Languages French and beginner's German and gonna be living in halls for the first year. Really looking forward to it as Birmingham is such a great place! :smile:
If there are any firmers for Modern Languages inbox me of you are interested in joining a Whatsapp/Facebook chat group to meet future fellow class mates :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an offer for Modern Languages (French and Chinese) and not sure if I want to firm Birmingham or not.

I still have to wait for UCLAN to get back to me on my Asia Pacific Studies (Chinese) application as somehow it didn't reach them. :rolleyes:
Reply 30
Original post by IAmEchelon
Firmed psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey there :smile: I got an offer for Psychology too and I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the department. I'm seriously considering to firm it as well, but I have yet to make a final decision.
Also, could you tell me what other unis you got offers from, if you don't mind my asking :biggrin:?
Original post by allievy
Hey there :smile: I got an offer for Psychology too and I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the department. I'm seriously considering to firm it as well, but I have yet to make a final decision.
Also, could you tell me what other unis you got offers from, if you don't mind my asking :biggrin:?

I thought it was really good! All the tutors I met on the open day where really helpful and enthusiastic about the subject. Plus the modules are really interesting

I also got offers for Nottingham, Newcastle, Lincoln(insurance) and Aston

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by IAmEchelon
I thought it was really good! All the tutors I met on the open day where really helpful and enthusiastic about the subject. Plus the modules are really interesting

I also got offers for Nottingham, Newcastle, Lincoln(insurance) and Aston

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I thought the modules were super-interesting too, and I especially loved the fact that they cover forensic psych as well; not quite clear on that MSc option to do research or practice after your 3rd year, but it sounds great anyway.
Honestly, I would firm it right now but that would mean saying no to UCL and I feel a little uneasy doing that :smile:)
Oh, are you a UK student? If so, could you tell me how big the "gap" is between Bham and UCL in the UK? (I mean how they are perceived by employers mostly i guess...). I'm sorry if I seem intrusive, I'm just essentially stuck right now and could really use some opinions on the subject...
Original post by allievy
Yeah, I thought the modules were super-interesting too, and I especially loved the fact that they cover forensic psych as well; not quite clear on that MSc option to do research or practice after your 3rd year, but it sounds great anyway.
Honestly, I would firm it right now but that would mean saying no to UCL and I feel a little uneasy doing that :smile:)
Oh, are you a UK student? If so, could you tell me how big the "gap" is between Bham and UCL in the UK? (I mean how they are perceived by employers mostly i guess...). I'm sorry if I seem intrusive, I'm just essentially stuck right now and could really use some opinions on the subject...

Yeah I'm a UK student. All I know is that UCL is much more respected than Bham, however according to league tables the "gap" isn't that much. I think UCL is much more know aboard and stuff like that
However, I don't think you should chose your uni based on reputation. Pick which university you'd be happier at

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also consider it will be a lot cheaper to live in Birmingham than London. I don't think there's much of a difference in reputation

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I received an unconditional offer to study Archaeology and Ancient History and firmed it not long after. I'm really excited to go now so I'll be looking forward to getting to know new people. Congrats all on your offers!
SAME!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending