The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amansingh1997
Well done! I'm still waiting - sent my application off early November but haven't heard anything since. Really hoping I find out by tomorrow! Btw what subjects do you take, and when did you send of your app?

I'm post a level applicant and did Maths, Econ and Geography, applied 14th October. It's been a nervous wait especially after my Oxford rejection but there was so relief when I opened the email yesterday.
I hope you get good news soon
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Just got rejected for management because of my ps.. but good luck to the rest of you tho! :smile:
Original post by gg_ruan
Just got rejected for management because of my ps.. but good luck to the rest of you tho! :smile:

Sorry to hear mate. Hope you got other offers lines up? What were your stats by the way also when did you apply?
Original post by magnolia123
Sorry to hear mate. Hope you got other offers lines up? What were your stats by the way also when did you apply?

Yeah, I got offers from the rest (Bristol, Edin, Exeter and Leicester). I applied in mid October and my As were AABB and predictions AAA so i'm not too surprised about the rejection tbh.
I just got rejected for Anthropology and Law - my AS grades were the problem: ABBB.
just got rejected for politics and IR. good luck to everyone else.
Rejected from Government and History, good luck to everyone else.
Original post by daalchaval
just got rejected for politics and IR. good luck to everyone else.

unlucky mate, what were your grades?
Okay so I've read the LSE 2014 thread, the WHOLE of it, TWICE because I was too freaked out and too free I guess. Anyway, TL DR version as requested:

-The typical 7/8 weeks + 2 Christmas week ends late January or early Feb, on the Friday of that last week, MOST people either get a 4 week extension or a straight out rejection. No offers, ugh....
-Assuming you haven't been rejected after this, during February some offers do slip out for IR, Econs, Gov. etc. (excluding A&F). The offers usually come on Thursday (around 3~5pm UK time) or on Friday(very rare).
-Rejections roll out during Fridays in Feb
-For A&F, rejections are given out during Feb Fridays, but offers only start incoming in March. VERY little offers received during Jan/Feb

*Note that not all LSE applicants are on TSR
*Note that is the general picture i got from reading the 2014 thread, so there'll sure be exceptions
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Flamehaze
Okay so I've read the LSE 2014 thread, the WHOLE of it, TWICE because I was too freaked out and too free I guess. Anyway, TL DR version as requested:

-The typical 7/8 weeks + 2 Christmas week ends late January or early Feb, on the Friday of that last week, MOST people either get a 4 week extension or a straight out rejection. No offers, ugh....
-Assuming you haven't been rejected after this, during February some offers do slip out for IR, Econs, Gov. etc. (excluding A&F). The offers usually come on Thursday (around 3~5pm UK time) or on Friday(very rare).
-Rejections roll out during Fridays in Feb
-For A&F, rejections are given out during Feb Fridays, but offers only start incoming in March. VERY little offers received during Jan/Feb

*Note that not all LSE applicants are on TSR
*Note that is the general picture i got from reading the 2014 thread, so there'll sure be exceptions

Wow! I wonder why this is the case for A&F. Also, have you got a 4 week email notif yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by normandi
Wow! I wonder why this is the case for A&F. Also, have you got a 4 week email notif yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probly because they're the only top ranked university in London offering A&F as a course, so they get an extra tonne of applications to go through. Nope, no news yet.
Received a 4 week email today for Management. Applied late November

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thestudent100
Received a 4 week email today for Management. Applied late November

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep same, at least better than a rejection.

What did the email say?

Me three :-l

Posted from TSR Mobile
rejected for straight econ, reason was ps not as competitive.
My four week email ends today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by babubabu

At which waiting period did u receive this rejection? 8 weeks or 4 weeks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard from E&EH?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by babubabu

If you don't mind me asking what are you stats?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending