The Student Room Group

How do they do it?

Hi,

So I was driving around central London with my family at night and when I was going through Knightsbridge I saw some lovely modern flats. Since then I've always been curious on how people afford to live in Knightsbridge and places like that (Kensington & Chelsea, Marylebone etc.).
I want to either go into Economics and work for top banks (HSBC, Barclays etc.) or go into Business and Finance and work for the top companies.
I am still half way through my GCSE's and I still have to get past that, my A-levels and Uni.

P.S. I want to stay single, and even if I don't get to go on holiday as much that'll be fine.
Any advice for that is good,
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Inflintude
Hi,

So I was driving around central London with my family at night and when I was going through Knightsbridge I saw some lovely modern flats. Since then I've always been curious on how people afford to live in Knightsbridge and places like that (Kensington & Chelsea, Marylebone etc.).
I want to either go into Economics and work for top banks (HSBC, Barclays etc.) or go into Business and Finance and work for the top companies.
I am still half way through my GCSE's and I still have to get past that, my A-levels and Uni.

P.S. I want to stay single, and even if I don't get to go on holiday as much that'll be fine.
Thanks

Focus on finishing your GCSEs and A-Levels with a view of getting into university. You're still at least 5 years away from graduating and having to worry about where to live. By then everything could have changed.
inherited wealth, or banking, law for a few and you need second income so dont stay single
Reply 3
Hi,

Thanks

How big is your family's oilfield?
Reply 4
A lot of it is down to old money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Quady
How big is your family's oilfield?

Don't have an Oilfield.
Reply 6
Original post by Reue
Focus on finishing your GCSEs and A-Levels with a view of getting into university. You're still at least 5 years away from graduating and having to worry about where to live. By then everything could have changed.

Yeah, I guess that's much more important that worrying where I will be in 10-15 years time.
Reply 7
Don't have an Oilfield.

Concentrate on getting a nice place in Banbury then.
Reply 8
Original post by Quady
Concentrate on getting a nice place in Banbury then.

Why would I need an Oilfield at the age of 16 to become successful and get a good life sorted?
Reply 9
Why would I need an Oilfield at the age of 16 to become successful and get a good life sorted?

Did you notice the people in Knightsbridge? Didn't they have a touch of the Arabic about them?
Reply 10
Original post by Quady
Did you notice the people in Knightsbridge? Didn't they have a touch of the Arabic about them?

Well I saw a white english looking couple in One Tower Bridge in a really nice modern flat. So not all people in Knightsbridge are arab, most maybe but not all.
Reply 11
Well I saw a white english looking couple in One Tower Bridge in a really nice modern flat. So not all people in Knightsbridge are arab, most maybe but not all.

Errrmmmmm please correct me if I'm wrong...
...but isn't One Tower Bridge next to Tower Bridge...?

ie nowhere near Knightsbridge :/

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/developer/branch/Berkeley-Homes-South-East-London/One-Tower-Bridge-88675.html
Reply 12
Original post by Quady
Errrmmmmm please correct me if I'm wrong...
...but isn't One Tower Bridge next to Tower Bridge...?

ie nowhere near Knightsbridge :/

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/developer/branch/Berkeley-Homes-South-East-London/One-Tower-Bridge-88675.html

Sorry mate, got confused there. Look at One Hyde Park, the £10M+ flats, I'm sure it's not all owned by Arabs, Russian and the Chinese.
Reply 13
Sorry mate, got confused there. Look at One Hyde Park, the £10M+ flats, I'm sure it's not all owned by Arabs, Russian and the Chinese.

It is.

You realise Russia has A LOT of oil too right? Its still mostly Arabs though.

China is different, there is just a lot of them so a few of them are very rich.
Reply 14
Original post by Quady
It is.

You realise Russia has A LOT of oil too right? Its still mostly Arabs though.

China is different, there is just a lot of them so a few of them are very rich.

I doubt all of the multi million pound properties in the very rich/posh parts of London are owned by the Arabs and Russians (but I'm sure most of it is). I know that there are English millionaires (or other people. Not Arab, Russian or Chinese) that own property.
Anyway, my brain hurts of all my tests today so I'm going to bed dreaming one day I'll become a multi-millionaire and live in the multi-million pound properties.
Reply 15
I doubt all of the multi million pound properties in the very rich/posh parts of London are owned by the Arabs and Russians (but I'm sure most of it is). I know that there are English millionaires (or other people. Not Arab, Russian or Chinese) that own property.
Anyway, my brain hurts of all my tests today so I'm going to bed dreaming one day I'll become a multi-millionaire and live in the multi-million pound properties.

No, but in Knightsbridge they are. Or is your search area wider than Knightsbridge?

You need to be closer to a billionaire to live there than a mere multi-millionaire.

Dream away, but it'll make you sad. Get some love in your life.
You realise it is just bricks and mortar.

You can be happy elsewhere and have the advantage of actually having a life.

You appear to have missed the point here.
The poster was basically saying that you need to have a resource which generates a lot of money given to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending