The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abgreen
Just heard back from King's after my selection day on 21st January, have an MMI for child PgDip on 4th March. Is anyone else coming on this day!?

I've just had an email too for this date. I'm BSc adult nursing x
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Terrianne1991
I've just had an email too for this date. I'm BSc adult nursing x

Hi when did you have your selection day/tests? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fairplaytoyou
Hi when did you have your selection day/tests? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had mine on 21st jan x
just called kings again, they said they are really backed up with sorting out MMIs and tests recently and are only slowly getting through the MMIs from january :/

mine was on the 20th jan and they said hopefully in the next week

5 weeks waiting will kill me for sure
Original post by emferrer
just called kings again, they said they are really backed up with sorting out MMIs and tests recently and are only slowly getting through the MMIs from january :/

mine was on the 20th jan and they said hopefully in the next week

5 weeks waiting will kill me for sure

Ah damn! I had my tests on 11th Feb and I was looking so forward to potentially hearing this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi everyone, I got a conditional offer from king's for mental health nursing a couple weeks ago and the only thing that's holding me back from putting it as my firm is the actual cost of living in London. I'm from Norfolk and I was just wondering if anyone who lives in London could tell me how much it will roughly cost, because the offer holder handbook says £1,200 a month and that seems crazy to me right now. Thanks :smile:
Reply 146
Hey everyone! I've got my MMI tomorrow, anyone else?! i'm getting butterflies and trying to prepare as best I can, can anyone give me any suggestions? I know no one is allowed to divulge questions from the day, but any advice would be helpful!! Good luck to everyone! :smile:
Original post by Katbatt
Hey everyone! I've got my MMI tomorrow, anyone else?! i'm getting butterflies and trying to prepare as best I can, can anyone give me any suggestions? I know no one is allowed to divulge questions from the day, but any advice would be helpful!! Good luck to everyone! :smile:

Hi! I had mine yesterday and the only advice I'd say is be yourself! There are no right or wrong answers so just talk about what you feel is right 😊 good luck!!!
Reply 148
Original post by laurenmccready
Hi! I had mine yesterday and the only advice I'd say is be yourself! There are no right or wrong answers so just talk about what you feel is right ������ good luck!!!

Thanks so much for this! Will try my best to be myself! Hope you get the outcome your hoping for! :smile:
Original post by fairplaytoyou
Ah damn! I had my tests on 11th Feb and I was looking so forward to potentially hearing this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I also had my tests on the 11th Feb and received an MMI invitation today, so you should hopefully hear back soon :smile:
Original post by hananna
Hey, I also had my tests on the 11th Feb and received an MMI invitation today, so you should hopefully hear back soon :smile:

Congrats! Ah thank you for that, even more nervous now haha.
Original post by hananna

Correcting my previous post, I just got an invitation to MMI! I had to log onto MyApplication and check because I didn't get anything through email!
Reply 152
Hey! Does anybody know what the pass mark is for the numeracy test? Is it 11/15 or 12/15? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sumena
Hey! Does anybody know what the pass mark is for the numeracy test? Is it 11/15 or 12/15? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's 12/15 x
Original post by sophiejb1
hi everyone, I got a conditional offer from king's for mental health nursing a couple weeks ago and the only thing that's holding me back from putting it as my firm is the actual cost of living in London. I'm from Norfolk and I was just wondering if anyone who lives in London could tell me how much it will roughly cost, because the offer holder handbook says £1,200 a month and that seems crazy to me right now. Thanks :smile:

Congratulations on the offer, hopefully see you on the course!!
I too am the same with the cost of living in London but I have realised that I'll probably need a job - I have seen on the Kings website that if you work for the university itself then they can arrange working hours around lectures/placements etc!
Still have no idea where I want to live, really want to be appointed the South Mawdsley Trust so if by what people have said is true, I will want to live near there as possible!
Reply 155
Original post by ffs.faridah
Hey, I applied to do adult nursing. I got an email today with the details for my assessment day on the 18th of Feb x

How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fionnuala95
Congratulations on the offer, hopefully see you on the course!!
I too am the same with the cost of living in London but I have realised that I'll probably need a job - I have seen on the Kings website that if you work for the university itself then they can arrange working hours around lectures/placements etc!
Still have no idea where I want to live, really want to be appointed the South Mawdsley Trust so if by what people have said is true, I will want to live near there as possible!

Thank you and congrats to you as well, I didn't realize that if you work for the uni they work the hours around your course so thanks for letting me know that because I think that will really help me😊
Reply 157
Original post by sophiejb1

Hello well done on your offer!! I'm currently living in london, in a student house and pay £500 pm inclusive of everything. There are a lot of student houses which you can find online, it just means you may have to travel further. Living right in the centre of london is crazily expensive, but there are other options! If your prepared to use the tube to travel to uni, there are more options for you. You should check out gumtree and other similar websites to get an idea, hope this helps! :smile:
Does anyone have any MMI advice regarding current issues and the 6C's, as in are the questions typically centred around those topics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just received an unconditional offer for Adult nursing from King's!!!!! More than excited as this was my first choice!!

Quick Reply

Latest