Yeah I'm pretty sure you can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thanks man! :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by jchap9776
Ah thanks man! :smile:

MBAs require work experience, not MScs necessarily but it obv helps if you've worked at a prestigious firm. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daltohn
MBAs require work experience, not MScs necessarily but it obv helps if you've worked at a prestigious firm. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but it's not a problem to go in straight after your undergrad degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daltohn

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok yeah that's what I thought, both would be sick tbh
Original post by powelsmartin
Yeah but it's not a problem to go in straight after your undergrad degree

Posted from TSR Mobile

MSc - no, MBA - yes. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thevindu
Received an offer for Economics BSc from on Thursday the 19th Feb. Applied after receiving A2 grades (so with a gap year).
Acquired A*A*AB (Maths ,Econ ,Geo & Further Maths). GCSE 6A* 4A's. Attended Hills Road, Netherhall and St Albans as my schooling. They were all non-private schools. Born in Sri Lanka but Nationality is British.

Rejected from Oxford E&M (St Peters), most likely due to weak TSA performance (55).

Currently undecided on whether to pick UCL with a year abroad at UCLA/Columbia OR LSE Straight Econ.

If you're reading this thread it probably won't be useful to you if you haven't received an offer or rejection because all it made me do is be more apprehensive. All you really need to take away from this thread and last years thread is that most of the Offers come around March time. The longer you're mean't to wait really doesn't mean that much, because if they didn't want you they would have rejected you already. Regardless, here is all my info. Also, LSE aren't that strict. I had a friend that was accepted last year to do straight Econ with an A*AAa prediction 'a' in AS further. She got A*AAa, she only did AS further in her A2 year. Her personal statement was good, not filled with lots of extra curricular at all, just good economic content.

I applied for Economics BSc as well and still haven't heard from LSE yet I also got rejected from Oxford E&M St Peters as well haha, congrats with ur offer tho!
Original post by jchap9776
Ok yeah that's what I thought, both would be sick tbh

Yeah agree, there aren't too many Finance MScs worth doing in the US imo (mainly Princeton's) but an MBA would be sick. The quality of work experience is key though (if you do finance, you're competing with GS IBD+KKR PE people for Harvard and Stanford - even then you're far from guaranteed). But UCL Econ won't handicap you at all imo mate, it's really solid for IBD recruiting and it's mathematical, which can be a plus for graduate admissions.
Ll
Original post by Daltohn
Yeah agree, there aren't too many Finance MScs worth doing in the US imo (mainly Princeton's) but an MBA would be sick. The quality of work experience is key though (if you do finance, you're competing with GS IBD+KKR PE people for Harvard and Stanford - even then you're far from guaranteed). But UCL Econ won't handicap you at all imo mate, it's really solid for IBD recruiting and it's mathematical, which can be a plus for graduate admissions.

Fair man, cheers for the advice - guess Princeton would be awesome, I've found that MIT's Master of Finance is pre- experience but I don't know how their rep compares with LSE, Oxford, Imperial etc
Who's joining me in Accounting and Finance? #goldmansachsiswaitingforus :biggrin:
I applied on 10th of october and it's been 3 weeks since the 4 week deadline. Why are they taking so long?!
Hi everyone,

I got offers from both UCL and LSE for PPE. Does anyone have any advice on which one to pick? I'm an international applicant so I don't know anything about the two universities, except their ranking. LSE is ranked higher for the three subjects, but UCL is ranked higher overall. Besides that rankings should not be the most important element in the decision. So anyone any advice?
Thanks in advance!
Original post by samfromleicester
Who's joining me in Accounting and Finance? #goldmansachsiswaitingforus :biggrin:

I'm not joining you for A&F but I am joining you from Leicester kind of way
Original post by Adriaan
Hi everyone,

I got offers from both UCL and LSE for PPE. Does anyone have any advice on which one to pick? I'm an international applicant so I don't know anything about the two universities, except their ranking. LSE is ranked higher for the three subjects, but UCL is ranked higher overall. Besides that rankings should not be the most important element in the decision. So anyone any advice?
Thanks in advance!

Hello. I'm an international applicant too! I'll be honest I don't know much about the PPE course but I'm waiting for LSE to reply too so I can firm UCL!
Original post by zaraashaikh
I applied on 10th of october and it's been 3 weeks since the 4 week deadline. Why are they taking so long?!

I think im also 7 weeks into the 4 week deadline.. which course did u apply to?
Original post by HangeeTw

Same here!!! The wait is horrendous
Original post by tomixox
Same here!!! The wait is horrendous

hope we can hear some good news on this thursday :smile:
Original post by Adriaan
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I received my offer from lse three weeks ago. Ucl had not answered me yet, so I decided to withdraw on Monday to firm LSE and apply for accommodation etc.

I prefer the LSE course, the extra year at the end for a project and the internship placement in summer looks interesting. Also, economics at lse is ranked extremely high and has amazing prestige throughout the world, definitely more so than ucl. I mean LSE is the place to do economics, and the fact that I am mostly interested in that aspect of the degree appeals to me. Ucl may have higher overall rankings but that is because it offers more courses: LSE is famous worldwide for economics.

Furthermore, LSE is more international than any other university in the UK. I really like that aspect of it, because I myself am an international applicant. I also hope to study for a masters in the usa, LSE being a good foundation for that.

The defining difference was prestige and international aspect, as well as job prospects and teaching quality.

Sorry for the long post :smile:

P.s. LSE appeals more to me, however I am not stating it is better for everyone and would completely understand if you were to prefer ucl. It really depends on what you look for at university, I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HangeeTw

Sociology! You?
What chance would I have of getting an offer for Economic History if I applied with below(I also would meet contextual data stuff);

Applied Business Studies (A-Level), Grade A(achieved),

Ifs Level 3 Diploma in Financial Studies (A-LevelEquivalent), Grade A(achieved),

Chemistry (A-Level predicted, AS obtained), Grade Aobtained, Grade A predicted,

Psychology (A-Level predicted, AS obtained), Grade Aobtained, Grade A predicted,

Mathematics (AS predicted), Grade B predicted,

Law (AS predicted), Grade A predicted,

Photography (AS), Grade D (achieved).

This would be after 3 years of study, however I would nothave spent more than 2 years studying an A-Level and no more than a year studying an AS-Level.
Reply 3899
Original post by jsheehan08
What chance would I have of getting an offer for Economic History if I applied with below(I also would meet contextual data stuff);

Applied Business Studies (A-Level), Grade A(achieved),

Ifs Level 3 Diploma in Financial Studies (A-LevelEquivalent), Grade A(achieved),

Chemistry (A-Level predicted, AS obtained), Grade Aobtained, Grade A predicted,

Psychology (A-Level predicted, AS obtained), Grade Aobtained, Grade A predicted,

Mathematics (AS predicted), Grade B predicted,

Law (AS predicted), Grade A predicted,

Photography (AS), Grade D (achieved).

This would be after 3 years of study, however I would nothave spent more than 2 years studying an A-Level and no more than a year studying an AS-Level.

Honestly? Your grades are really a little to low. Business, law, and psychology are all considered weaker subjects (psychology is slightly better than the other two) so your As in them would carry less weight that As in say, Physics or history. LSE don't release a list of subjects they prefer, bur Cambridge do, and both unis are similarly selective.

Also while econ history is AAB, only chemistry and maths are tier 1 preferred subjects. Given how selective LSE can be you really need to have all As (A*s can balance out Bs). Without any predicted A*s and a b in math your chances aren't all that good.

Just to put it into context, my friend predicted A*A*AA is math,econ, physics, history respectively l and she was rejected for ppe pretty quickly. Another with AAAAB in math, chem, bio, econ, business was rejected for accounting and finance.

I would say still apply, because if they like your ps and you meet the grade requirements you have a chance. Just don't expect too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending