The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tizzy92
Is the 280 places for just adult nursing or all the branches of nursing?? Just wanna know. Thanks

I think that's for adult nursing alone x
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 221
Original post by tizzy92
Is the 280 places for just adult nursing or all the branches of nursing?? Just wanna know. Thanks

Yes, I think thats just for Adult. I believe there is less places for child and mental health.
hey guys,

I literally have just been offered the MMI and test day for this Wednesday! I'm terrified as i have literally no time to prepare but i was wondering did anyone wear heels?? ( i know it may seem an odd question) just on the information pack it says no stilettos and the only shoes I can actually wear at the moment are normal heels but I don't want to wear them if i will be penalized for it so was wondering if anyone who has already had their interview could give me some advice. Thanks x
I wore plain black suede heels for my MMI and I got an unconditional offer :-). Go ahead if you want to. Xx
Reply 224
Original post by piratosaurusrex
hey guys,

I literally have just been offered the MMI and test day for this Wednesday! I'm terrified as i have literally no time to prepare but i was wondering did anyone wear heels?? ( i know it may seem an odd question) just on the information pack it says no stilettos and the only shoes I can actually wear at the moment are normal heels but I don't want to wear them if i will be penalized for it so was wondering if anyone who has already had their interview could give me some advice. Thanks x

It doesn't matter whether you wear heels or not as far as it's a black shoe, it should be okay. Anyway, I wore a black boot with heels to the interview and I've got an unconditional offer already. I don't think they can penalise you for that.
Good luck.
Reply 225
Yup. Dreading the MMI. Like seriously why 😭😭😭😭
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by twioo5
Yup. Dreading the MMI. Like seriously why
Posted from TSR Mobile

When is it? :smile:
Reply 227
Anybody heard back from the mmi and tests on the 17th? ☺️
Reply 228
Original post by fairplaytoyou
When is it? :smile:

on the 10th! im like cba for kings maannn. i hate interviews!
Hey all I had my MMI on 19 Feb for PGdip mental health nursing and got an offer last night when I logged onto the kings applications system! There seems to be a delay between the details showing on their screen and getting an email, good luck to everyone waiting for offers :-))
Reply 230
Which one is better. City or kings??? The thing which attracted me about city was that they do placements at the end of the year. Which leaves you enough time to revise for ur exams or do assignments.
Hi, I have just got an email for my MMI at Kings. Can anyone give any tips on what to expect? I have never had an MMI and really not sure on how they work. (other than what it said about them in the email)
Thanks.
Original post by NatashaRDT
Hi, I have just got an email for my MMI at Kings. Can anyone give any tips on what to expect? I have never had an MMI and really not sure on how they work. (other than what it said about them in the email)
Thanks.

It's just lots of mini interviews... I had mine anoint a month ago and it's so much better then normal interviews! It's just general questions on loads of topics and the best thing is if you mess up one you have four other chances to make up for it! It's a lot more relaxed and actually quite good fun just go in with a clear mind and try not to stress out about it!
Original post by Realm1996
It's just lots of mini interviews... I had mine anoint a month ago and it's so much better then normal interviews! It's just general questions on loads of topics and the best thing is if you mess up one you have four other chances to make up for it! It's a lot more relaxed and actually quite good fun just go in with a clear mind and try not to stress out about it!

Oh that's great! Hope everything went well.
Will I be alone or are they more group based? Topics such as?
Also did you log into to snap? I'm having some trouble with it at the moment and can't seem to get any questions loaded up.
Thanks.
Original post by NatashaRDT
Oh that's great! Hope everything went well.
Will I be alone or are they more group based? Topics such as?
Also did you log into to snap? I'm having some trouble with it at the moment and can't seem to get any questions loaded up.
Thanks.

It went really well, you are alone for each one its sort of a one on one interview which last 5 minutes each.

I never got snap to work atall but to be honest I dont know how it would help, and the main thing that you get asked will be things like ethical dilemmas and what you would do and how you would cope with a situation. You can't really prepare for them just be yourself and you will be fine.
I had my MMI today at 9.30am and it was fine! I really enjoyed the whole experience. Hoping they won't take too long to get back to me now x
Reply 236
Original post by ashleymorg1984
Hey all I had my MMI on 19 Feb for PGdip mental health nursing and got an offer last night when I logged onto the kings applications system! There seems to be a delay between the details showing on their screen and getting an email, good luck to everyone waiting for offers :-))

Hi! I was also there on the 19th but haven't heard back yet :frown: I'm hoping to study pgdip in adult nursing so not sure if that might be why? Also can I ask what degree you studied prior to this as I'm worried as mine isn't science based :/. Thank you and congrats on your offer!!
Original post by Katbatt
Hi! I was also there on the 19th but haven't heard back yet :frown: I'm hoping to study pgdip in adult nursing so not sure if that might be why? Also can I ask what degree you studied prior to this as I'm worried as mine isn't science based :/. Thank you and congrats on your offer!!

Hey I'm sure it's probably because there will be less people going for the mental health course so maybe there are more adult results to process? And don't worry about degree mine was in geography and social sciences! Fingers crossed for you :-)
Reply 238
Yay I got a conditional offer for pgdip adult nursing!! So happy!!! :smile:
Original post by Katbatt
Yay I got a conditional offer for pgdip adult nursing!! So happy!!! :smile:

Congrats!!!!!!!! When was your MMI? I had mine on the 4th. I really want to know now! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest