The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3160
Original post by Zürich

Although there is an arguement that good CBs are almost always ugly as sin. Like the look of Gabriel tbh.

Next time when you go to the Emirates and they show the formations, just wait for Gabriel's picture... If i was him i'd take pictures everyday until i look normal.
Feel like this is the kind of game where Rosicky deserves a start, QPR aren't exactly a pacey side and think Ozil needs a rest tbh, is Ramsey fit enough to return in the B2B role? AOC should start too, he's been solid since he's returned from injury but I feel like Sanchez needs a rest/ be dropped, he doesn't really suit the winger style imo and Giroud is in better form for the striker role. Wouldn't mind seeing Walcott start but can't see it happening, which is a shame really because Walcott and Ozil's link up play is just :eek:
Original post by Zürich
Gabriel has ruined the Arsenal aesthetics crew tbh. Imagine how he feels looking round at Giroud, Arteta, Ramsey, Debuchy, Chambers on a daily basis. Guy will have a consultation booked down Harley Street within the month.

Although there is an arguement that good CBs are almost always ugly as sin. Can only think of Pique and Hummels who you might describe as decent looking and the Adams, Terry, Vidic and Koscielnys of this world have faces only a mother can love.

---

Like the look of Gabriel tbh. Definitely looks like he has a few errors in him as he adapts to the PL, like not letting the ball bounce near the box..., but he has impressive attributes generally. Looks Koscielny-esque in his 1v1s and speed. Still suspect they're too similar to be effective long term but still, Mertesacker is basically a walking disaster these days so I'll have those 2 from now on.

Anyone else enjoy Zurich's wittyness as much as I do? :lol:

also, I doubt Ospina would be dropped for tonight. It's a possibility but I don't see it.

Original post by Tom_Ford
Leave Gabriel alone! :mad:

It's okay Tom, for what it's worth I've seen uglier. He isn't bad :console:
Original post by Zürich
Gabriel has ruined the Arsenal aesthetics crew tbh. Imagine how he feels looking round at Giroud, Arteta, Ramsey, Debuchy, Chambers on a daily basis. Guy will have a consultation booked down Harley Street within the month.

Although there is an arguement that good CBs are almost always ugly as sin. Can only think of Pique and Hummels who you might describe as decent looking and the Adams, Terry, Vidic and Koscielnys of this world have faces only a mother can love.

Vidic is underrated in the looks department I reckon.
Gabriel needs to embrace his looks tbh. Get a leather jacket and start playing up to the bad boy Brazilian stereotype

Man would be balls deep with some posh tart from Primrose Hill within about a week if he wanted. Although Gabriel looks more like the type to have 3 Brazilian 3/10s from some Stockwell Galdem preggers by the summer
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Vidic is underrated in the looks department I reckon.

Yeah he's got that rugged protective vibe going on. If I was his girl I would just be starting beef with randoms who gave me dirty looks so Vidic could start rearranging faces

Vidic has got the eyes only someone who grew up in Yugoslavia in the 1990s can have. He's seen some real ****. Reminds me of this time I was chatting to this bouncer down the West End and I noticed he had some epic sleeve tattoo with 2 tallies of Xs. Guy was like ''I was in the army, the first row are family members killed in the war. The second are my kills'' Guy was about 6'7 as well, **** me. :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Vidic has got the eyes only someone who grew up in Yugoslavia in the 1990s can have. He's seen some real ****

Thousand yard stare makes them eyes glimmer
Original post by Zürich
Gabriel needs to embrace his looks tbh. Get a leather jacket and start playing up to the bad boy Brazilian stereotype

Loool what stereotype is that?? Whatever it is, I've never heard of it and it's not true
Original post by e aí rapaz
Loool what stereotype is that?? Whatever it is, I've never heard of it and it's not true

There are 2 kinds of Brazilians really. The David Luiz/Ronaldinho types who are into Samba and the absolute life and soul of any party and then there are the City of God types like Costa. I went to school with a few people of Brazilian heritage and it was 50/50 really

Gabriel is never pulling off the samba style so therefore he needs to just start hanging about Stockwell chillin with the boys.
Original post by Zürich
There are 2 kinds of Brazilians really. The David Luiz/Ronaldinho types who are into Samba and the absolute life and soul of any party and then there are the City of God types like Costa. I went to school with a few people of Brazilian heritage and it was 50/50 really

Gabriel is never pulling off the samba style so therefore he needs to just start hanging about Stockwell chillin with the boys.

Don't even know what to say to that. Carry on.
Time to predict who's going to get injured tonight.

I reckon whoever plays CM alongside Coq/Flam.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Anyone else enjoy Zurich's wittyness as much as I do? :lol:

also, I doubt Ospina would be dropped for tonight. It's a possibility but I don't see it.

It's okay Tom, for what it's worth I've seen uglier. He isn't bad :console:

He's a goblin, but he's our goblin. :love: He has the halo effect to me. With a bit of acclimatisation to the English game, we will see him have the likes of Lukaku in his backpocket on the regular.
(edited 9 years ago)
Since Ozil's arrived Sanchez has had to play a lot deeper than usual, sort of like a CM. Think he's taking less free kicks too what with Ozil/Cazorla taking them instead so it's warranted his goal return has decreased. It's funny, they're our two biggest players yet I haven't seen any real form of chemistry between them so hard to play them together. Sanchez has scored the most amount of goals in CAM this season but it's highly doubtful Wenger will put him there over Cazorla or Ozil who is shunted to the left as it is.

I'm not really worried about Alexis's dip in form however, but I do hope he gets to stick with a position in the XI next year instead of being shunted all over the place. If Cazorla does leave this summer then I'd like Sanchez to get the 10' role over Ozil.
Original post by leinad2012
How many years have QPR been in the PL though out of the last 24 years? According to this about 6 years out of the last 24 and 4 of those were before Wenger was in charge...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e6/QPR_League_Performance.svg

We haven't beaten MK Dons in the last 24 years in the PL, that's an even worse record :rolleyes:

I understand lol, I wasn't trying to make it seem like they've been beating us consistently, just pointing out it is rather interesting considering they have been in the premier league for a 1/4 of the past 24 years with 1 victory.

So thats 1/6 wins, still poor. Can't compare to MK Dons who have never been in the premiership (I'm just bantering).
Original post by AliRizzo
I understand lol, I wasn't trying to make it seem like they've been beating us consistently, just pointing out it is rather interesting considering they have been in the premier league for a 1/4 of the past 24 years with 1 victory.

So thats 1/6 wins, still poor. Can't compare to MK Dons who have never been in the premiership (I'm just bantering).

True, but in the last 20 years they've only been in the pl for 3 years, 1 win in 3 isn't awful, just seems like a politician style statistic fiddling/ Daily Mail headline to say we'e only won once in 24 years in pl at Loftus Road, it might be true, but it's stretching the truth.

Either way, hopefully we'll make it 2 wins today :biggrin::biggrin:
True, but in the last 20 years they've only been in the pl for 3 years, 1 win in 3 isn't awful, just seems like a politician style statistic fiddling/ Daily Mail headline to say we'e only won once in 24 years in pl at Loftus Road, it might be true, but it's stretching the truth.

Either way, hopefully we'll make it 2 wins today :biggrin::biggrin:

Haha, agreed, Neil Ashton and Adrian Durham would be having a field day if they knew that stat. And yeah hopefully, gonna be very tough though.
Original post by AliRizzo
Haha, agreed, Neil Ashton and Adrian Durham would be having a field day if they knew that stat. And yeah hopefully, gonna be very tough though.

I'm normally very cautious going into games but I don't really see any reason why we'd drop points other than Austin being a good striker.

Loftus Road is a ****hole, I remember going there to watch them play Leeds I think it was when I was like 9, got a cup of soup at half time. Was running down the steps to my seat and the top of the cup had a ****ty design had meant the soup flew up into the air and severely burned my whole ****ing neck. Had to spend the whole second half in the St. Johns ambulance crew bay being treated for burns to my neck, and had to wear some dumbass special burn healing plaster on my neck for 2 weeks, ****ing joke.

Having said that it actually might have been at Crystal Palace, I forget :biggrin:
I'm normally very cautious going into games but I don't really see any reason why we'd drop points other than Austin being a good striker.

Loftus Road is a ****hole, I remember going there to watch them play Leeds I think it was when I was like 9, got a cup of soup at half time. Was running down the steps to my seat and the top of the cup had a ****ty design had meant the soup flew up into the air and severely burned my whole ****ing neck. Had to spend the whole second half in the St. Johns ambulance crew bay being treated for burns to my neck, and had to wear some dumbass special burn healing plaster on my neck for 2 weeks, ****ing joke.

Having said that it actually might have been at Crystal Palace, I forget :biggrin:

Unique stadium, it is really only fit for about 15,000 spectators and some parts of the grounds are a ridiculous squeeze. I used to go quite a bit with some QPR mates when it was like a fiver and my knees probably will never recover from the wedged seating arrangements. There are also seats at such an angle that they literally only show about 60% of the pitch. The area around the stadium is pretty grim as well tbf.

But I actually quite like Loftus Road though, very old fashioned English stadium and the atmosphere can genuinely be brilliant with the closeness to the pitch. Would have tried for a ticket for tonight but wasnt sure I was going to be in London, shame.
Arsenal fan tonight. A top club. Come on you Gunners.

My man Giroud to smash a hat trick in.

Latest