The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawn_o1
Oh, that's easy. Bomb down the flanks:
1) Young gets away from Bellerin
2) Coq tries to help Bellerin out
3) Young lobs it to Valencia who's already ran behind Gibbs
4) Coq tries to help Mertesacker and Koscielny but Rooney's already made the run behind them
5) Valencia passes to Rooney, scores.
Perfect.

With United's insipid, slow movement and build-up, I can't see point 1 happening right now tbh.
Piers Morgan is absolutely gonna lose it tonight when we lose. He's already absolutely bummed by England being out of the cricket world cup so tonight he's going to have an absolute meltdown. Can confirm.

Oh and also we'll be wearing our third kit this evening:
https://twitter.com/arsenalfantv/status/574888371257921536
(edited 9 years ago)
When I look around the United starting XI, I'd only put De Gea, Rojo and Rooney in your side.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Piers Morgan is absolutely gonna lose it tonight when we lose. He's already absolutely bummed by England being out of the cricket world cup so tonight he's going to have an absolute meltdown. Can confirm.

Oh and also we'll be wearing our third kit this evening:
https://twitter.com/arsenalfantv/status/574888371257921536

I like that kit.

Arsenal fans, how do you feel about having that complete baboon, Piers Moron, as a fan of your club?
the skin tight kits need to go ffs.
COYG
How did some of you manage to get tickets? Looked a few weeks back all sold out **** :frown:
Original post by Stefano93
How did some of you manage to get tickets? Looked a few weeks back all sold out **** :frown:

there were loads being sold by united fans when I was looking on the weekend.. starting at around £95..
Original post by TornadoGR4

Arsenal fans, how do you feel about having that complete baboon, Piers Moron, as a fan of your club?

Couldn't give a ****.

Just as Man Utd fans don't give a **** that Harry styles is a fan

Just as Liverpool fans don't give a **** colonel gaddaffis son is a fan.

Just like Chelsea fans who embrace the fact that their fanbase has it's roots in the KKK
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TornadoGR4
I like that kit.

I love it as well.

I see him the same way my muslim friend sees members of ISIS as part of their religion. He may associate under the same general banner, but I'll be damned if I view him as one of us.
All the people replying to that tweet are hilarious BTW. "Last time we wore a blue kit at Old Trafford, we got hammered.", "The only time we have worn that kit, we lost to Dortmund". Blaming the kit is the kind of thing Brendan would do ffs.
Original post by Arkasia
Blaming the kit is the kind of thing Brendan would do ffs.

Our kits last year were the WOAT, but we were sick. Just goes to show.
Original post by Mackay
Our kits last year were the WOAT, but we were sick. Just goes to show.

That purple and black kit looked like something even QPR would be ashamed to wear.
Original post by Arkasia
That purple and black kit looked like something even QPR would be ashamed to wear.

It's weird, because all our home kits under Warrior have far surpassed any of Adidas/Reebok's efforts. It seems that they go mental when it comes to the away strips, though.
Original post by Mackay
It's weird, because all our home kits under Warrior have far surpassed any of Adidas/Reebok's efforts. It seems that they go mental when it comes to the away strips, though.

Generally simple is best, it's why our third kit (also purple/black) made me want to vomit every time I saw it. Liverpool and United = Red, Arsenal = Red and White, Spurs = White, Chelsea and City = Blue. Football kits have become too much about fashion and about what the fans will buy/advertisers will sponsor.
Dreading the game tonight.
Original post by Arkasia
Generally simple is best, it's why our third kit (also purple/black) made me want to vomit every time I saw it. Liverpool and United = Red, Arsenal = Red and White, Spurs = White, Chelsea and City = Blue. Football kits have become too much about fashion and about what the fans will buy/advertisers will sponsor.

Teams have to have away kits, though.
I'm hopeful tbh. United may be winning games a lot these days, but Old Trafford isn't the fortress it used to be, and we have the squad now to overcome the mentality issue.

Latest