The Student Room Group

Chelsea winning the treble

A big game tonight for The Blues at Stamford Bridge against PSG. Currently 1-1 on aggregate, but who will take it?

Do you reckon Chelsea have got what it takes to complete the treble this year?

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

lol Chelsea are the most overrated team in the world.
Capital one cup= done
Premier League= Almost a certainty
Champions League= Mehh I'm not so sure. But tbh CL this year has dipped a bit in quality for me. So who knows.
Reply 3
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Capital one cup= done
Premier League= Almost a certainty
Champions League= Mehh I'm not so sure. But tbh CL this year has dipped a bit in quality for me. So who knows.

PSG will be a tough game tonight! And having said that, the Madrid Shalke game last night was class.
Chelsea winning the CL? I'd like to see them play a side like Barca/Bayern/Real
Reply 5
Winning the PL, CL and FA Cup > winning the PL, CL and Capital One Cup imo.
Reply 6
Can't see them winning the Champions League although they've probably got the premier league by 6-9 points. The real battle is for 2nd-5th and i could see Liverpool and Arsenal pipping the Manchester teams.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
lol Chelsea are the most overrated team in the world.

Still bitter from Willian's late winner? ahahah You bought the wrong Chelsea striker m8

Original post by Mackay
Winning the PL, CL and FA Cup > winning the PL, CL and Capital One Cup imo.

Agree, but the former is basically impossible these days. Not so much luck to counter balance the fatigue, fixture congestion etc. Reckon United are the last team that will have done it for a long long time.
Reply 8
Original post by The Shed End

Agree, but the former is basically impossible these days. Not so much luck to counter balance the fatigue, fixture congestion etc. Reckon United are the last team that will have done it for a long long time.

Definitely.

Bayern, Inter and Porto have all done the equivalent with their home competitions, but they all won their leagues way in advance of the two cup finals. It won't be done by an English team in the same way as United. Especially winning the PL on the final day. It was a unique achievement.
Still bitter from Willian's late winner? ahahah You bought the wrong Chelsea striker m8.

Nope. Has nothing to do with Everton. We deservedly lost that day and have been abysmal in the league all season.

It's more just that I recognise that Chelsea are far behind the European Elite and don't play a particularly good or technical style of football. Top of the Premier League is like being King of the Retards.
Nope. Has nothing to do with Everton. We deservedly lost that day and have been abysmal in the league all season.

It's more just that I recognise that Chelsea are far behind the European Elite and don't play a particularly good or technical style of football. Top of the Premier League is like being King of the Retards.

Considering you have the square root of jack s*** of respect from everyone on this sub-forum I'm sure you clearly know all the about that.
Top of the Premier League is like being King of the Retards.

What would winning the Europa Cup be ?
Considering you have the square root of jack s*** of respect from everyone on this sub-forum I'm sure you clearly know all the about that.

lol, i'm so hurt.
Pedantic but it's A treble, not THE treble.

The league and league cup is already done. They probably will do it. Bastards.
Chelsea seem to be freewheeling towards the Premier League title, they lack competition this year as Man City have never really been with it. It's like some of those titles United won where they didn't have a particularly great year but just got the job done against a middling field.

It's hard to say how good this Chelsea side really are, I think the defence is a bit flaky compared to some past Chelsea teams but the Champions League will give a good test: they do have a chance of winning or at least making the final.

Talking about the standard of competition, Chelsea probably still haven't been given proper recognition for the 2004/05 team when they won the league and had to fend off one of the all time great Arsenal teams.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
What would winning the Europa Cup be ?

Pretty good. Harder than winning the Premier League because they are actually teams in it that play good football.

Everton aren't going to get past the quarters. We're pish.
I think this is the year chelsea has to win treble otherwise now or never!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Talking about the standard of competition, Chelsea probably still haven't been given proper recognition for the 2004/05 team when they won the league and had to fend off one of the all time great Arsenal teams.

This is what I'm trying to get at. That team was the greatest Premiership team of all time and the comparisons between this Chelsea team and that one earlier in the season were ridiculous looking back on it.
Reply 19
They won't win the CL. Expect they'll get to the final four, though.

Quick Reply

Latest