The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tomixox
Yeah I'm in the same boat as you hut I'm not going to firm until I've gone to the open day in ten days 😋

Was thinking the exact same haha 😄👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by tomixox
Yeah I'm in the same boat as you hut I'm not going to firm until I've gone to the open day in ten days 😋

Ahh you going to the one on the 30th? You going to the one in April aswell? Need to pick my student accommodation at MC=AC so that I can go out and get wavey at MC=MR 😂
Original post by jchap9776
Ahh you going to the one on the 30th? You going to the one in April aswell? Need to pick my student accommodation at MC=AC so that I can go out and get wavey at MC=MR 😂

Looool preach. Well I'm going to the offer holder day 22nd April aswel but I wanna visit LSE before I firm so I'm going to go to their general open day which is on the 25th of March!
Anyone going to the Open Day on April 15th? Maybe meet up?
Original post by JamjamjamT

yep! are you taking either of your parent as a guest?
I'm going to the one on the April 15th, any of you people on the law course?
Original post by tomixox
Looool preach. Well I'm going to the offer holder day 22nd April aswel but I wanna visit LSE before I firm so I'm going to go to their general open day which is on the 25th of March!

Oh right haha my incredible maths skills at work there... Fair enough mate, let me know what you choose bud 😎
Oh right haha my incredible maths skills at work there... Fair enough mate, let me know what you choose bud 😎

You reckon your gonna firm LSE? I'm 90% there just never visited so want to be absolutely sure before I confirm anything!
Original post by tomixox
You reckon your gonna firm LSE? I'm 90% there just never visited so want to be absolutely sure before I confirm anything!

I'm firming 💯% yeah, my dad and sister went there so I've been before and went to that open day last year - think the fact it's the best offer I have and that its in central London so night life is good just means it's my ideal choice :smile: but yeah you should defo have a look around first, just to be sure

We're flying over for offers day on the 15th and I'm the parent.
Original post by bilalk96
I'm going to the one on the April 15th, any of you people on the law course?

My son's going from Northern Ireland
Is there 2 offer days then? Guess you get invited to each one based on when you got your offer
Is there 2 offer days then? Guess you get invited to each one based on when you got your offer

There are two offer days. It's not based on when you got your offer, but on your course. http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/InformationforOfferHolders/LSEOfferHoldersDay.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VedikaA
There are two offer days. It's not based on when you got your offer, but on your course. http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/InformationforOfferHolders/LSEOfferHoldersDay.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah cool cheers boss
Original post by kewbacca

Original post by Cholesta
We're flying over for offers day on the 15th and I'm the parent.

If my dad is well enough, he will come with me. Last year for the Open Day they let my Mum come as well so she could be his helper/carer while I was having a look around. They might let them do that again this time.

Not suggesting anything wild - just maybe meet for a coffee or lunch?
Original post by kewbacca

I reserved am extra space just in case but I think I'll go on my own
Rejected from lse for mathematics and economics. (Predicted the equivalent of A*A*A*) Freakin' sad. I know that My opinion is a bit biased but I think their admission system is terrible. How can they judge only on the statement? We can ask a private counsellor to write it for thousands of dollars so what's the point. If they had a better system they would interview us, or give an admission test like institutions such as Oxbridge and imperial college. I will hopefully be over it soon... Leaning towards imperial college for mathematics with finance though
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samu16
Rejected from lse for mathematics and economics. (Predicted the equivalent of A*A*A*) Freakin' sad. I know that My opinion is a bit biased but I think their admission system is terrible. How can they judge only on the statement? We can ask a private counsellor to write it for thousands of dollars so what's the point. If they had a better system they would interview us, or give an admission test like institutions such as Oxbridge and imperial college. I will hopefully be over it soon... Leaning towards imperial college for mathematics with finance though

You've got a good offer from Imperial. So sad for you. My son felt like that after being rejected by Oxford. Interview system isn't always good. If a tutor doesn't feel he bonds with you at interview, no matter how good you are,you are unlikely to get a place.
Original post by samu16

Did they say why they rejected you?

We all knew the admissions criteria when we applied and while I am not a big fan of them using the PS as the deciding factor between similarly academic applicants, it is the only method they have.
Did they say why they rejected you?

We all knew the admissions criteria when we applied and while I am not a big fan of them using the PS as the deciding factor between similarly academic applicants, it is the only method they have.

Ps has to show a real passion for your chosen subject and stellar grades. It's a difficult one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending