Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
Liverpool: Sterling then Henderson
Chelsea:Terry then Hazard
City:Aguero then Silva
Utd: De Gea then Rooney
Arsenal: Koscielny then Giroud.
Spurs: Eriksen then Kane

Koscielny doesnt get the props he deserves. When you think about how much people have creamed over Kompany since 2011 it is quite bizarre imo.

Disagree on the first point. Sterling's crucial to the way we play, but he hasn't been hitting the heights of Coutinho recently. Coutinho seemed to have an off-day against Swansea, admittedly, but he has been our best player recently. If we lost Sterling, we've got Lallana, Markovic and Coutinho who can all play in his advanced role, while Ibe/Markovic/Moreno can be deployed as wing-backs.

Henderson would be a massive blow simply because of the way he allows everybody else to work around him. He stitches things together. If we lot Skrtel, I think we'd be in trouble. He is the one who allows Can to shine with the ball. He's very much the constant in the centre of our defence, and I don't have faith in Kolo or Lovren coming in for these nine cup finals.

Spurs' is a given, although I'd throw Lloris in there too because Vorm is simply dreadful. United's is Rooney before DDG imo, simply because without him up top they have pretty much zero goal threat right now.
Original post by Zürich
Liverpool: Sterling then Henderson
Chelsea:Terry then Hazard
City:Aguero then Silva
Utd: De Gea then Rooney
Arsenal: Koscielny then Giroud.
Spurs: Eriksen then Kane

Koscielny doesnt get the props he deserves. When you think about how much people have creamed over Kompany since 2011 it is quite bizarre imo.

Us losing Rooney would be probably be 10x worse. We have Valdes in back up to David, but can you imagine relying on an RvP-Falcao attack all season? :laugh:
lmao Alexis our second best player.

It goes:

Ozil
Ramsey
Koscielny
Original post by angelfox
lmao Alexis our second best player.

It goes:

Ozil
Ramsey
Koscielny

Ramsey naaaah, Cazorla however....
Best player doesn't equal biggest blow to the team if they become unavailable.

If Ozil gets injured, Cazorla is capable of taking his place. If Sanchez gets injured, we could cope by having Walcott on one wing and Welbeck on the other. What we wouldn't cope well with is Giroud getting injured or Kosc getting injured (although I would put both in our top 5 players quite comfortably)
Original post by leinad2012
Best player doesn't equal biggest blow to the team if they become unavailable.

This. It doesn't always equate (in Liverpool's case - as aforementioned, I'd **** myself if we lost Skrtel, Henderson or Mignolet atm) but in United's case, without Rooney or DDG (their two best players) they'd falter. Same with Spurs with Lloris and Eriksen.
Original post by Zürich
Ive been to Elland Road actually and have to say the atmosphere was very good(although there was a high percentage of scum from what I say so swings and roundabouts). Leeds/Arsenal games back in the day at Highbury were genuinely pretty good atmospheres too from what i remember. Ian Harte scored a late free kick once against us that was extremely controversial because he took it early and then the famous 3-2 loss in 2003. You were somewhat of a bogey team for us

Leeds is probably the best city in the North all things considered although I'd probably live in Newcastle over anywhere given a choice.

First game I ever went to was at Elland Road, watching the mighty Leeds beat Sunderland 2-0 from a box seat (the company my dad worked for owned the box iirc, we're not rich scum honest). I was at the mighty age of 6 and remember getting confused after half time as to why Leeds were suddenly trying to score in their own goal (not understanding teams changes sides at half time), and getting my dad to put a bet on Robbie Keane to score because he was the only player I knew. Brave bet considering he started on the bench but by some miracle he came onto score the second. One of my fondest childhood memories

:moon:

Original post by jam277
I would love that.

Since we're always the victim.

"It's never your fault, it's never your fault....."

Best/worst chant to have come out of Old Trafford I have to say
Original post by Zürich
Not sure what youre on about.

But Koscielny is one of the very best CBs in Europe.

You said Koschielny was worth at least £35 million last summer. Oh how we all laughed.
It shames me to admit that when we first signed Koscielny, I was in the 'wtf who is this random lower league french idiot?'...

and don't even mention the CC final that year.
Original post by The Shed End
You said Koschielny was worth at least £35 million last summer. Oh how we all laughed.

Arsenal wouldnt sell for £35m.

Anyway, Mangala, Luiz went for more and Kosc is x3 the player they are
So if we do ship of Walcott to the reds and Poldi to Stalingrad FC, that frees up a heck of a lot of wages to buy another attacking player. I know people were saying we are stacked but lets look at it realistically :

- We'd only have Ox, Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla and Welbeck to play in midfield
- Campbell will return although I'm still not sure he's ready/good enough to play for Arsenal. From what I've heard he's been struggling at Villareal but I haven't watched him
- Rosicky will be turning 35 next season
- Would be the perfect season to integrate Lacazette into the team. Instead of giving him the main role straight away we bed him into the team and then by the end of 2016 I'm sure Giroud will be done.
-How much defensive cover do we need? We have 4 RB options next season, 4 CB options (Chambers + Paulista etc), plus two very good LB's so I'd say we're ok on that front.
- I'm confident in Coquelin to be our 2nd choice DM. Leave FLamini as a 3rd choice reserve if injuries really get bad :lol: but we'd only need to buy a CDM/CM to replace Arteta.

Strange how last season we needed around 5 or 6 signings to add stability into the squad. This summer I'd say we only need 2. Add to the fact that one of these 2 signings could potentially be another World class 30m+ signing and then I'd say our squad is very close to being complete. It's been a while since we've been able to say that :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
x

I've seen alot mentions for Lacazette on here but I haven't comprehensive post as to why he'd be an improvement on what we currently have in proposition in the price he's going to cost us. Our attack has been pretty good, Man City have only scored 3 more goals in the league than us.

Doubt Giroud be "done" by 2016. It's not like he's got any pace to lose and we all know he's proper athlete who takes care of himself. Technique ability doesn't disappear as players age. As long as his movement stays sharp and he uses his strengh effectively I don't see why Giroud can't go until his 35 as an effective target man
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko
I've seen alot mentions for Lacazette on here but I haven't comprehensive post as to why he'd be an improvement on what we currently have in proposition in the price he's going to cost us. Our attack has been pretty good, Man City have only scored 3 more goals in the league than us.

Doubt Giroud be "done" by 2016. It's not like he's got any pace to lose and we all know he's proper athlete who takes care of himself. Technique ability doesn't disappear as players age. As long as his movement stays sharp and he uses his strengh effectively I don't see why Giroud can't go until his 35 as an effective target man

He's got 23 goals with 5 assists in 26 appearances. He's also only 23 meaning he has both scope to improve but isn't too young like say Gnabry either. My main point was that if we'd be selling Walcott and Podolski then we're short in depth. Instead of buying a player to increase numbers, Lacazette would be a great shout considering the form he's in now and if he does have the scope to become world class in the future, it's a very good long term signing.

As for Giroud fair enough, but it's not exactly a common thing you'll see target-man strikers play to their primes up until 35.
Why has the misc been locked?
Original post by Depleted

Flame wars and inappropriate content, obviously
Anyways do you guys reckon Ramsey could ever play at 10 for you? Whenever I've seen him his ball retention skills aren't the best, but he likes to dribble at people and he's a good runner. Could be an option in big games maybe? So if he loses the ball he's further up the pitch I suppose.

I really need to stop using this site on my tablet, sensitive as ****. Re opened now.
Juventus vs Monaco (Arsenal) :biggrin:
Anyways do you guys reckon Ramsey could ever play at 10 for you? Whenever I've seen him his ball retention skills aren't the best, but he likes to dribble at people and he's a good runner. Could be an option in big games maybe? So if he loses the ball he's further up the pitch I suppose.

We would have good work rate I guess but He's more suited to playing b2b as he can put in a shift. Wilshere is more like a no.10 tbh as opposed to b2b and the funny thing is I reckon both want to be the other.

Latest