The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

I feel sick, sitting waiting to be seen for my assessment.
Original post by Anonymous
I have to video myself teaching for a uni assessment and the idea is making me feel sick.

Is it a reasonable adjustment to make the video, evaluate the video and then not have to submit the video to my lecturers? I'm happy with screengrabs to prove it happened, but handing over the video is making me feel incredibly anxious :frown:

Honestly i would discuss this with your lecturer, they will know what the exam board wants from you with this assignment.

I imagine you may need to mention your reasons as to why you don't want to do the video part. They will respect it, its part of their job to treat people properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
Honestly i would discuss this with your lecturer, they will know what the exam board wants from you with this assignment.

I imagine you may need to mention your reasons as to why you don't want to do the video part. They will respect it, its part of their job to treat people properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meatyman!!! :jumphug:
Original post by Meaty_man

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're aware of my mental health. I just worry that it's such a silly little thing to be so worried about :frown:

Also *squishes*

Also also I'm anon so you don't know who I am but if we were to go camping you'd find that while my socks are not Odd, they are a bit Paradoxical ;D

*goes back to hiding*
Just got the letter back from my consultant and it's weird to see everything in black and white. I feel like a waste of their time, I'm not going to get better so what's the point in trying? :s-smilie:
So they reckon I have an underlying social anxiety disorder and moderate depression. Sigh.
My ears are so annoying atm, constant popping really weirdly so my head feels stiff :/

Mood is...well the less said the better I guess

Positive: just bought a ton of booze; 10 bottles of cider & 5 bottles of peroni, all for free :colone: we have money tomorrow as well, if my mood doesn't lift I feel a weekend of heavy drinking is best :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
Just got the letter back from my consultant and it's weird to see everything in black and white. I feel like a waste of their time, I'm not going to get better so what's the point in trying? :s-smilie:

:hugs: I have faith that things won't always be like this for you. It may take a long time, but I don't think things will always be this painful or hard :hugs:

Original post by CescaD96
So they reckon I have an underlying social anxiety disorder and moderate depression. Sigh.

:jumphug:

Original post by Sabertooth
Everytime I feel so bad I can't help but feel that if I was stronger, or "manned-up" or not so lazy then things would be great. I watch a lot of ice hockey games and the guys who play will pull out a tooth on the bench and jump right back in, yet I get so consumed by anxiety that I can't even make practice a few times a week. :colondollar:

I told my wife and she seemed upset about it. I hate upsetting her. She already won't let me stay at home when she goes to work so I guess I'm safe even if I feel like a complete failure of a human being that I can't even manage on my own for a few hours. :frown:

Sorry, I kind of ranted there.

It's not about manning up and I'm sure you do know that deep down. Remember your wife is not upset at you, she's upset for you, that this is happening to you :sadnod:

Dw hun, better out than in, as I always like to say :yep:
So off-topic but need some advice.

I'm moving soon and will thus no longer be seeing my CPN. I've worked with her for 2 years and she's been amazing. Would it be appropriate to get her some flowers to say thanks? If so do I bring them at our last session or should I get them delivered to the office?

Thanks guys :smile:
Original post by Noodlzzz

I'm moving soon and will thus no longer be seeing my CPN. I've worked with her for 2 years and she's been amazing. Would it be appropriate to get her some flowers to say thanks? If so do I bring them at our last session or should I get them delivered to the office?

I bought my CPN a present and gave it to her at our last appointment if that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hugs: I have faith that things won't always be like this for you. It may take a long time, but I don't think things will always be this painful or hard :hugs:

What if it is though? :s-smilie: Don't know what to do anymore. How are you?? :hugs:
Original post by Noodlzzz

It wouldn't be inappropriate at all, so dw bout that! When my first CPN left, I gave her some sunflowers, wine and some other **** that I can't remember now. I think she liked them and she didn't tell me off or anything or say it was inappropriate :nah:

I think the personal touch of giving the flowers yourself would be nice, but either way would be fine tbh :smile:

Original post by Pathway
What if it is though? :s-smilie: Don't know what to do anymore. How are you?? :hugs:

I know you've been through stuff no one should ever have to go through, but I really do think with proper/the right support in place, you'll be able to move forward a bit. It will take time, no doubt, and it could be excruciatingly painful. But I think there is hope for everyone in here, with the right meds and treatment, and the passage of time (coz time really is a healer, even if it takes effing ages) :h:

I'm OK thanks. Bit down about my uni work and still behind :sad: But trying to cheer myself along with my iTunes :danceboy:

:jumphug:

They have to screen me for CBT and work out what anti-depressant would be best.
Original post by CescaD96
They have to screen me for CBT and work out what anti-depressant would be best.

Glad they are thinking of CBT. I know you don't feel comfortable talking about things and that it can feel tedious but I think you're bright enough to make good use of the tools, if you can get a good therapist who you get along with :yes:

How are you feeling about the diagnosis and assessment? :penguinhug:
Had my second counselor's appointment today. Nearly cried which was terrifying
Original post by super_kawaii
Had my second counselor's appointment today. Nearly cried which was terrifying

:hugs:

I know you've been through stuff no one should ever have to go through, but I really do think with proper/the right support in place, you'll be able to move forward a bit. It will take time, no doubt, and it could be excruciatingly painful. But I think there is hope for everyone in here, with the right meds and treatment, and the passage of time (coz time really is a healer, even if it takes effing ages) :h:

I'm OK thanks. Bit down about my uni work and still behind :sad: But trying to cheer myself along with my iTunes :danceboy:

Hope so. Guess I'm just sick of everything atm - not sure how to cope. :dontknow: Feel like I'm drowning. Still haven't made an appointment to see my GP, too scared. :frown:

:frown: I'm sure you'll get up to date! I'm behind too, can't seem to motivate myself to care though. :s-smilie: Glad iTunes is helping you feel better. :console:
Glad they are thinking of CBT. I know you don't feel comfortable talking about things and that it can feel tedious but I think you're bright enough to make good use of the tools, if you can get a good therapist who you get along with :yes:

How are you feeling about the diagnosis and assessment? :penguinhug:

I feel anxious even about the screening for CBT. I guess that's why they're screening, to get me the best therapist possible for me. :smile:

I knew the depression one was coming, that was a given, but the social anxiety disorder threw me a little bit but makes complete sense.
shouldn't have looked at the solar eclipse, have had an awful headache since. for a science student im really not very sensible.
Original post by ScaryScience
shouldn't have looked at the solar eclipse, have had an awful headache since. for a science student im really not very sensible.

:console: did it look cool where you are at least?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest