The Student Room Group

english literature and bad coursework

can someone help me ,because i want to achieve a B in English Lit but I have Grade D coursework and my teacher says I can't retake it.I have been studying lang the whole year and did my lit coursework last year when my ability was lower now I'm an A/B grade student in english.
I really need to know if it is a possibility to get a grade b in English Lit .
and I'm doing higher .
i'm doing edexcel
Reply 2
It's possible to get a B if you get an A preferably A* in your exams but it also appends if it was a D+ or D- you got in your coursework

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, you need to be a bit more specific. Are you doing GCSE or A/AS Level? This will help people respond better to your question :smile:
You should be able to get a B since coursework only accounts for 20% of the GCSE (unless you're not taking the AQA course lol).
Reply 5
Original post by overachiver1
can someone help me ,because i want to achieve a B in English Lit but I have Grade D coursework and my teacher says I can't retake it.I have been studying lang the whole year and did my lit coursework last year when my ability was lower now I'm an A/B grade student in english.
I really need to know if it is a possibility to get a grade b in English Lit .
and I'm doing higher .

I think the controlled assessment is 25% of the GCSE, which means the difference between a B and a D grade is only 5% of the total marks available (the max you could have scored of that 25% is 14.5%). Based on that it is still possible to get an A.
Original post by DSG7799
It's possible to get a B if you get an A preferably A* in your exams but it also appends if it was a D+ or D- you got in your coursework

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a D+ for both of my coursework.
Original post by QueenOfSheba
Hey, you need to be a bit more specific. Are you doing GCSE or A/AS Level? This will help people respond better to your question :smile:

I'm doing Gcse English lit and lang.
Reply 8
Original post by overachiver1
I have a D+ for both of my coursework.

you should be able to get a b then if you get at least a b+ in exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest