The Student Room Group

Psychology AS approaches help

Hi,
im trying to revise all the different approaches eg behaviourist, cognitive etc but finding it difficult to remember all the evaluation points because I feel a lot of it is very repetitive and only has a few words difference. Can someone give me advice on how to learn the points it's getting me really frustrated and demotivated to carry on :frown:
Heya,

i know how you're feeling psychology is pretty darn difficult to revise but there are ways of doing so stay positive my dear.
personally, I find holah the website to be a life saver when revising approaches as it provides you witht the assumptions as well as the strengths and weaknesses for each one.
repetition is the best way to get something stuck in your head so write down the approach with pros and cons over and over until your dreaming about it :wink:
How about comparing the approaches to each other once your done and seeing how effective they are compared to the other assumptions.

POSTERS AND REVISION CARD WRITING OVER AND OVER IS MY ADVICE, AND STAY POSITIVE
Reply 2
Original post by criminaldinosaur
Heya,

i know how you're feeling psychology is pretty darn difficult to revise but there are ways of doing so stay positive my dear.
personally, I find holah the website to be a life saver when revising approaches as it provides you witht the assumptions as well as the strengths and weaknesses for each one.
repetition is the best way to get something stuck in your head so write down the approach with pros and cons over and over until your dreaming about it :wink:
How about comparing the approaches to each other once your done and seeing how effective they are compared to the other assumptions.

POSTERS AND REVISION CARD WRITING OVER AND OVER IS MY ADVICE, AND STAY POSITIVE

Thanks so much for the advice did some past papers before and got the questions wrong that I had spent time revising (it was an explain the strengths question) and it's really stressing me out because need to get an A in psychology :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest