The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fha96
Nah mate I didn't apply to LSE, I'm firming UCL :smile:

Close enough :tongue:
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Hey
All of you economic applicants . For those with offers, congratulations. For those who are waiting, good luck!!
im in year 12 and want to apply for economics. Where did all of u guys do work experience in summer of year 12?

I did work experiance at GSK but TBH it doesnt matter where you go the key is just doing something relevant so you can mention it on your personal statement. For example i have also done work experiance at a univerities math department and i related it by talking about how i learn about the importance of statitics in economics and also how it gave me key skills in statitical analysis etc..
I got an offer for MA Economics at Edinburgh! The wait is over: all five offers :smile:
Original post by a320airbus97
I got an offer for MA Economics at Edinburgh! The wait is over: all five offers :smile:

When did you got it? I'm still waiting! Here are you from?
Original post by chiara97
When did you got it? I'm still waiting! Here are you from?

It came through on UCAS at about 2pm today (although myed still says application is pending). I'm from Northern Ireland, wbu? I'm sure you'll hear from Edinburgh soon enough: good luck!
Reply 3465
Finally got a reply from Warwick last Wednesday!:biggrin:
Does anybody else's school run workshops for student finance? Seriously didn't think it was that hard to fill out a few forms:curious:
Ah I finally firmed LSE and insured Bath 😃😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abccba120
Ah I finally firmed LSE and insured Bath ������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aren't they both A*AA
Original post by sr-96
Finally got a reply from Warwick last Wednesday!:biggrin:
Does anybody else's school run workshops for student finance? Seriously didn't think it was that hard to fill out a few forms:curious:

Still haven't heard from Warwick. Applied early October.

Decided that despite loving the open day the lack of urgency with which they respond borders on contempt for undergraduate applicants.

The Economics Department is clearly run by either a bunch of lazy halfwits or a bunch of autistic misfits who have no idea of the unnecessary stress caused by ignoring applications for months on end.

Decided I wont go to Warwick whatever the circumstances or offer now, they are clearly not my sort of people.
Original post by Aso816
Aren't they both A*AA

Nope my Bath offer is AAA :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3470
Original post by Deadpan
Still haven't heard from Warwick. Applied early October.

Decided that despite loving the open day the lack of urgency with which they respond borders on contempt for undergraduate applicants.

The Economics Department is clearly run by either a bunch of lazy halfwits or a bunch of autistic misfits who have no idea of the unnecessary stress caused by ignoring applications for months on end.

Decided I wont go to Warwick whatever the circumstances or offer now, they are clearly not my sort of people.

Sorry that you haven't heard back, and I agree that the wait was long.. but I think you're being a bit harsh:redface: Technically they do have until the 7th of May to reply to applicants so they've done nothing wrong really (although the wait is stressful). Ahh that's a shame, they apparently said that they intend to get the majority of offers out by the end of the month so I'm sure they'll get in touch soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How???
:confused:
If I had a AAA offer from Bath, I'd have insured them, because of that placement year..
Original post by H0PEL3SS
How???
:confused:
If I had a AAA offer from Bath, I'd have insured them, because of that placement year..

I'm doing the Welsh Baccalaureate along with A levels so the offer is AAA :biggrin: & yeah I know Bath is really good for economics outside the top 5 so I'm really happy I can insure them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I do Welsh Baccalaureate also so the offer is AAA :biggrin: & yeah I know Bath is a great insurance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

All I have is Bristol...
All I have is Bristol...

Bristol is just as good as Bath, I personally prefer the surroundings of Bath and it's campus. What's your Bristol offer? Because mine was A*A so I couldn't really insure them anyway.
Bristol is just as good as Bath, I personally prefer the surroundings of Bath and it's campus. What's your Bristol offer? Because mine was A*A so I couldn't really insure them anyway.

AAA. I just really liked the placement year at Bath.
But congrats on that, I wanna hold off on making my decision for a few days :tongue:
AAA. I just really liked the placement year at Bath.
But congrats on that, I wanna hold off on making my decision for a few days :tongue:

Yeah me too & thanks :smile: Who are you thinking of firming?
Yeah me too & thanks :smile: Who are you thinking of firming?

Warwick, I'm 90% sure of it.
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have some trouble at choosing my insurance choice:frown: So basically I am firming LSE (obviously :biggrin:) and it is an A*AAE offer with A* in maths and A in Economics and Physics. The thing is I am reluctant to decline UCL for Bristol as my insurance although UCL also asks for A*AA but only specifying A* Maths A in Economics, which means my 2nd A could be in either Physics or Further Maths unlike LSE which asks for a E in Further Maths. I am definitely more confident in getting an A in Further Maths than physics but isnt it too risky to put UCL as my insurance instead of my Bristol offer which is AAA (in Maths and Economics) Any advice will be appreciated :smile:
Original post by Aso816
I have some trouble at choosing my insurance choice:frown: So basically I am firming LSE (obviously :biggrin:) and it is an A*AAE offer with A* in maths and A in Economics and Physics. The thing is I am reluctant to decline UCL for Bristol as my insurance although UCL also asks for A*AA but only specifying A* Maths A in Economics, which means my 2nd A could be in either Physics or Further Maths unlike LSE which asks for a E in Further Maths. I am definitely more confident in getting an A in Further Maths than physics but isnt it too risky to put UCL as my insurance instead of my Bristol offer which is AAA (in Maths and Economics) Any advice will be appreciated :smile:

Well it all depends on how confident you are on achieving the grades. If you think you can get the A* in maths, an A in econ & FM or phys then yeah insure UCL. If you're not so confident then probably Bristol.. I really can't do more than state the obvious:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending