The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
Thanks Prod, although it looks like it didn't work much. :wink:

Thank you too :smile: nah it's fine personal insults seem to have stopped :h:

Original post by drewBusby

thoughts?

This image highlights the disconsolate contrast between glorified success and a desolate pit of hopeless reality. The green grass connotes the sheer magnitude of opulance amongst the ebullient beings that stride upon it. The crowds begrudgingly applaud in malcontent manner, for they wished it was their men promenading in such covetous honour.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Yeah, for now :wink:

Lyrical Prodigy

This image highlights the disconsolate contrast between glorified success and a desolate pit of hopeless reality. The green grass connotes the sheer magnitude of opulance amongst the ebullient beings that stride upon it. The crowds begrudgingly applaud in malcontent manner, for they wished it was their men promenading in such covetous honour.

...you do/did English Lit, didn't you :tongue:
Original post by Arkasia
Yeah, for now :wink:

...you do/did English Lit, didn't you :tongue:

Ikr.
Lol nah did English Lit back in A level. Would have been my second choice of course if I wasn't doing law at uni :tongue:

Oh look, another reason to laugh at us :lol: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12090/9773728/arsenal-not-title-contenders-just-yet-says-charlie-nicholas
I hate to use this cliche, but after 6 wins on the bounce & 9 wins from the last 10, surely you're 'due a loss' soon?

Do you think you can keep this incredible form up for another 8 matches & do you think you could potentially be poised to pounce on any slip ups?
So does Liverpool's defeat makes us the most in form side?
Ikr.
Lol nah did English Lit back in A level. Would have been my second choice of course if I wasn't doing law at uni :tongue:

Oh look, another reason to laugh at us :lol: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12090/9773728/arsenal-not-title-contenders-just-yet-says-charlie-nicholas

Its a personnel problem.
You guys have dropped off when it comes to transfers, hence why you're no longer linked with the likes of bale, ronaldo, pogba etc.
I think the excitement generated by welbeck's signing surpassing that of ours for the signing of persie, is a symptom of the above.
So does Liverpool's defeat makes us the most in form side?

Yes.

Arsenal and Liverpool are the only teams to have gained on both Man C and Chelsea this year, your still on your run.
Arsenal are bang in form and tbh it isnt wrong to say Arsenal look the best placed bet to take advantage of any slip ups by Chelsea. However, it's highly unlikely that Chelsea will slip up and its highly unlikely they'll lose half of their remaining fixtures and Arsenal will win all thier fixtures.

The title race is over imo, Chelsea have already won it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
really not confident about the liverpool game at all.

Big games for us seem so unpredictable, that its just hard to gauge any type of form from them..

Looking at 2015:

Man city - won
Spurs - Lost
Monaco - Lost
Man united - won

(not counting 2nd monaco game, as you cant take anything from a game against a side who knew they just did not need to concede 3)

Who knows about liverpool? Will it be a game like the two manchester ones, where we play out of our skin and get a win?

Or will it be an utter shambles like the spurs and monaco games?

No idea..
Original post by TornadoGR4
I hate to use this cliche, but after 6 wins on the bounce & 9 wins from the last 10, surely you're 'due a loss' soon?

Do you think you can keep this incredible form up for another 8 matches & do you think you could potentially be poised to pounce on any slip ups?

Maybe, but tbh, all of those games we should have won anyway (bar maybe the United one based on history and the City one on our away form last year). The same is true of Liverpool, they may have been undefeated in 2015 (in pl) until last weekend, but pretty much all their games were expected wins tbh.

The next 3 games are crucial, if we can come out of Chelsea and Liverpool with at least 4 points, then we're cruising, but I think with our "flat track bully" in tow we're unlikely to slip up against teams from the bottom half.

We won't catch Chelsea, it simply isn't going to happen, second is definitely on the cards though
A big amount also depends on injuries over the international break as well. Can't way to see Walcott pulling up 10 minutes into the game this weekend with a muscle strain, or will Sturridge's hip injury be worse than expected? If a team loses a big player in the next few weeks they could be in an awful position for the run in.
worst players for us to have injured right now would be kos, giroud and coq

Those 3 are key to our team at the moment.. coq would probalby be the least of an issue, but he has put in some real good performances in the bigger games of this season, and seems to step up when it matters (also had some poor games mind you.. but against the two manchester teams, he was class)

Either of the other 2 would just be a nightmare.. we saw how badly we performed for the first half of this season without kos.. and I do give him a lot of the credit for how well we have turned things around in 2015.

And giroud is our main goal threat at the moment.. walcott, welbeck and sanchez are all not on great goal scoring form. and he would be a huge miss

miserable cabbage.
Original post by fallen_acorns

Those 3 are key to our team at the moment.. coq would probalby be the least of an issue, but he has put in some real good performances in the bigger games of this season, and seems to step up when it matters (also had some poor games mind you.. but against the two manchester teams, he was class)

Either of the other 2 would just be a nightmare.. we saw how badly we performed for the first half of this season without kos.. and I do give him a lot of the credit for how well we have turned things around in 2015.

And giroud is our main goal threat at the moment.. walcott, welbeck and sanchez are all not on great goal scoring form. and he would be a huge miss

Tbf you can't really blame Walcott considering he's hardly getting game time. Welbeck isn't really used as our main goal outlet now anyway but instead puts pressure on defences and he does that well. His ball technique is absolutely horrid though which is a shame considering he tries to do all the right things. Even if it seems comical, he really is just a more experienced Sanogo :lol:

Coquelin is quite vital to our team. Tackling isn't his only atribute because I've noticed his passing is usually on point too. Considering if we have Ramsey or Cazorla trying to bomb forward with the ball, at least Coquelin sometimes makes the safe pass backwards/sideways or he slows down play. Although not as important, at least it's not as sloppy as per say Flamini's. I really wonder what will happen to the side once Arteta returns but I've completely lost track on his injury :rofl:

Coquelin is good for absorbing pressure but he isn't the DM we need if we want to hold control over a game. That's why we've gone into big away games with this new approach of sitting back instead of sending everyone forward and it's working. But eventually we'll be found out which is why we need someone of real quality in that position.
Original post by fallen_acorns

Dat french connection. Wenger is rebuilding.

Original post by AR_95

miserable cabbage.

eyy lmao
Reply 5475
Was reading an article on sky sports about the potential introduction of rules regarding 'home grown players' from 2016.

With regards to Arsenal:-

"ARSENAL At least four changes needed

Arsenal currently have 14 players in their squad classed as non-home grown:

Mikel Arteta, Santi Cazorla, Mathieu Debuchy, Abou Diaby, Mathieu Flamini, Gabriel, Olivier Giroud, Laurent Koscielny, Per Mertesacker, Nacho Monreal, David Ospina, Mesut Ozil, Tomas Rosicky and Alexis Sanchez.

Furthermore, Wojciech Szczęsny, Francis Coquelin and Damian Martinez would no longer be classed as home grown under the new rules.

That means Arsene Wenger would need to chop four players from that list to meet the limit of 13 non-home grown players."

If this was the case, which four changes would/should be made?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9774272/fa-home-grown-rules-man-city-arsenal-chelsea-would-lose-players

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Was reading an article on sky sports about the potential introduction of rules regarding 'home grown players' from 2016.

With regards to Arsenal:-

"ARSENAL At least four changes needed

Arsenal currently have 14 players in their squad classed as non-home grown:

Mikel Arteta, Santi Cazorla, Mathieu Debuchy, Abou Diaby, Mathieu Flamini, Gabriel, Olivier Giroud, Laurent Koscielny, Per Mertesacker, Nacho Monreal, David Ospina, Mesut Ozil, Tomas Rosicky and Alexis Sanchez.

Furthermore, Wojciech Szczęsny, Francis Coquelin and Damian Martinez would no longer be classed as home grown under the new rules.

That means Arsene Wenger would need to chop four players from that list to meet the limit of 13 non-home grown players."

If this was the case, which four changes would/should be made?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9774272/fa-home-grown-rules-man-city-arsenal-chelsea-would-lose-players

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can Wojciech Szczęsny, Francis Coquelin and Damian Martinez not be home grown? They played in our Academy.
Original post by al_94
How can Wojciech Szczęsny, Francis Coquelin and Damian Martinez not be home grown? They played in our Academy.

They arrived at the Academy after their 15th birthdays...
(Chop four players? Easy. Diaby, Flamini, Martinez, Rosicky)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
They arrived at the Academy after their 15th birthdays...
(Chop four players? Easy. Diaby, Flamini, Martinez, Rosicky)

Diaby is my fave player hopefully he can play one day
Original post by al_94
Diaby is my fave player hopefully he can play one day

He is turning 29 in a couple of weeks, he missed his window to shine.
Why you guys still have him on your books is a mystery.

I guess Diaby is your Fletcher?

Latest