The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawn_o1
because apparently, "British footballers fail in foreign leagues".

oh.

i think he would do very well in france. pacy players tend to do so e.g. hazard, gervinho, lacazette etc.
Theo would destroy Serie A
You guys can mabye get Reus if your prepared to splash a lot of money.
Do we really want Reus?

I mean, normally a fit player comes to arsenal.. and then starts to pick up injuries..

But now we are going to sign an already injury prone player?
Original post by fallen_acorns
Do we really want Reus?

I mean, normally a fit player comes to arsenal.. and then starts to pick up injuries..

But now we are going to sign an already injury prone player?

Ask your self if you'd take Aguero.
Original post by AR_95
Ask your self if you'd take Aguero.

good point.
Aguero's hamstrings would literally disintegrate after 9 months at Arsenal.
That's just like saying would we want Hummels Carvalho etc if we could afford them which we could but given their injury record would we still want them? Of course we ******* would.

To be honest I can see a different European club offering Schneiderlin a more lucrative contract in the summer, so I don't assume he would be coming to the Emirates anytime soon if we don't really push for him. Carvalho/Gundogan/Bender/Motta all fit the bill nicely. All possibly seeking moves away aswell.

Was Bielik even worth spending a few milli on? :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stefano93
That's just like saying would we want Hummels Carvalho etc if we could afford them which we could but given their injury record would we still want them? Of course we ******* would.

To be honest I can see a different European club offering Schneiderlin a more lucrative contract in the summer, so I don't he would be coming to the Emirates anytime soon if we don't really push for him. Carvalho/Gundogan/Bender/Motta all fit the bill nicely. All possibly seeking moves away aswell.

Was Bielik even worth spending a few milli on? :/

Yh Agree Sncheiderlin has a lot of clubs he could go to but I just have an irk feeling it'll be UTD.

Bielik was for the U21's. Shouldn't be considered or even thought of tbh
Akpom has gone to Forest on loan until the end of the season
And also, why aren't we investing in our Medical squad? Need to be revamped almost immediately given our injury record. When Debuchy got injured they took at least five months to cross the pitch to get him.
we need a regista not a destroyer (like Coquelin). Gundogan fits the bill nicely.
Reply 5712
Does anyone read the comments on sky sports articles? There's this guy that comments regularly, "angryboy".

Can never work out if he's an Arsenal fan or not, but his comments make me laugh. Remind me a lot of baconbutty :lol:
Reply 5713
Original post by AR_95
Yh Agree Sncheiderlin has a lot of clubs he could go to but I just have an irk feeling it'll be UTD.

Bielik was for the U21's. Shouldn't be considered or even thought of tbh

Yeah for a few seasons he'll be completely anonymous.

U21s, then the CC cup in a few years and then maybe gets a run in against the lower side table teams.. or if Wenger gets bored one day he may slot him in to a crucial final 16 tie in the CL vs Real :lol:

I would like to see him play a game with the senior squad though.. could be a gem. It's probably just an investment tbh, he'll be sold for double what we got him for in a few years from now
Reply 5714
Sturridge is out for up to a month, Roy Hodgson states. If this is confirmed by Liverpool then they're pretty much ****ed.

Gerrard and Skirtel out too means the three will miss games vs us, the FA cup tie away and another PL game (cant remember what one). No idea how Lallana is doing either.

Would be cool to see how they deal with injuries for the business end of the season.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Sturridge is out for up to a month, Roy Hodgson states. If this is confirmed by Liverpool then they're pretty much ****ed.

Gerrard and Skirtel out too means the three will miss games vs us, the FA cup tie away and another PL game (cant remember what one). No idea how Lallana is doing either.

Would be cool to see how they deal with injuries for the business end of the season.

We won't miss Gerrard (Lucas is back for us now). Sterling has done a decent job playing upfront in absence of Sturridge who still hasn't hit the ground running. We will miss Skirtle though especially for the Arsenal game. The other games I'm not too worried about but bar the FA cup they won't matter much if Arsenal beat us anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5716
Original post by samir12
We won't miss Gerrard (Lucas is back for us now). Sterling has done a decent job playing upfront in absence of Sturridge who still hasn't hit the ground running. We will miss Skirtle though especially for the Arsenal game. The other games I'm not too worried about but bar the FA cup they won't matter much if Arsenal beat us anyway.

Fair.

Skirtle will be the biggest miss for you and I'm glad he won't be at the emirates because the **** always gets a headed goal against us.

I can see Sturridge's injury having an effect though because it felt like he lifted Liverpools morale when he returned.

You guys know you need a win and I can see you going out to get it at the Emirates and without Skirtle, it would be a tactical error to go all out attack. We'll use it to our advantage. Really hope we kill you off :rolleyes:
Original post by SA-1
Fair.

Skirtle will be the biggest miss for you and I'm glad he won't be at the emirates because the **** always gets a headed goal against us.

I can see Sturridge's injury having an effect though because it felt like he lifted Liverpools morale when he returned.

You guys know you need a win and I can see you going out to get it at the Emirates and without Skirtle, it would be a tactical error to go all out attack. We'll use it to our advantage. Really hope we kill you off :rolleyes:

Rodgers should play the back 5 as we did against Southampton in the second half and try get a goal off the counter. We got lucky in that first half trying to outplay Southampton and we won't get lucky at the Emirates.

Coutinho or Henderson to score a screamer :colone:
Original post by chezsu
Aguero's hamstrings would literally disintegrate after 9 months at Arsenal.

Someone's being optimistic, only took Ozil and Sanchez 3 months...
Walcott is an Arsenal veteran he must stay with us

Latest