The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cowan
How many brown planes do you see though....

Edit: Damn those racist airlines. Using predominantly white planes!!!

We should ensure that at least half of the planes are turned into browns ones to ensure we maintain equality

But I shall not be able to fly again given the racist nature of those dam white planes

and don't get me started on the RED ARROWS!!!!!!!
Original post by Aj12
So you want to describe someone as a terrorist despite the fact that refuse the define the word.... Right

I edited just b4 you posted.

Also the reason why I refused to define it at first because what I define terrorism as is irrelevant to what the media and the big bosses say it is.
Reply 102
Original post by Daenerys...

Also the reason why I refused to define it at first because what I define terrorism as is irrelevant to what the media and the big bosses say it is.

Or the Oxford English Dictionary.

You are the gift that keeps on giving. Haha!
Reply 103

Look up Egypt Air Flight 990. Another case of a pilot committing suicide, it was not terrorism, pilot was a Muslim..

Also, if you want to have a discussion about whether an event was terrorism or not you're going to have to define the word. You've asked why he was not a terrorist, the answer is obvious given the definition. If you want to contest that then perhaps offer an alternative.
(edited 9 years ago)
That's irrelevant.

Simple question are you a muslim by any chance?
the big bosses

Who are they?
Original post by Aj12
Look up Egypt Air Flight 990. Another case of a pilot committing suicide, it was not terrorism, pilot was a Muslim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990#Media_coverage
Long before the NTSB issued its final report, Western media began to speculate about the meaning of the taped cockpit conversations and about possible motives - including suicide and terrorism - behind Al-Batouti's actions on the flight.

The Egyptian media also reacted against Western speculation of terrorist connections. The Cairo Times reported, "The deceased pilot's nephew has lashed out in particular against speculation that his uncle could have been a religious extremist. 'He loved the United States,' the nephew said. 'If you wanted to go shopping in New York, he was the man to speak to, because he knew all the stores

Are you sure?

'speculate'

Get a dictionary
Reply 108

Well what's your definition of terrorism then, because so far I've seen absolutely no evidence from the reports or yourself to label him as a terrorist.
Reply 109
Original post by Cowan
I hate to break this to you..... but..... he was a terrorist....

Right...
Reply 110

Yes there was brief speculation, which was then dismissed and the event declared not terrorism. In this case there was also brief speculation, but because it is now much easier to look into a person's background you can rule out terrorism quickly. We got information much quicker in this case, when there is official information the media does not speculate.

Anyway my point is that neither event is seen as terrorism, despite a Muslim being involved in one.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PopaPork
'speculate'

Get a dictionary
You and Crowan have shown yourselves to be bullies and your on-going mob mentality is stifling the discussion please be quiet.
Reply 112
Original post by s.a.u
Right...

So that's why people labelled him as one. He was in the cafe for about half an hour before an ISIS sign was held up at the window? Clearly making his intentions known.

Why are people finding this so difficult?
Reply 113
Original post by Cowan
I hate to break this to you..... but..... he was a terrorist....

He was a 'mentally troubled lone wolf', which is a phrase usually reserved for white 'gunmen', even when they have proven extremist views.
Reply 114
Original post by s.a.u
He was a 'mentally troubled lone wolf', which is a phrase usually reserved for white 'gunmen', even when they have proven extremist views.

He was a terrorist.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Inb4 he's white so he can't be a terrorist

In b4 Muslims claiming that "white people" are never labelled terrorists (even though, when they commit terrorist acts like Breivik, they are) and it's just a bigoted Western media conspiracy that Islamist terrorists are called terrorists
You and Crowan have shown yourselves to be bullies and your on-going mob mentality is stifling the discussion please be quiet.

No.

Did you manage to get a dictionary?

Why don't you want to answer the questions I have asked?

Are you by any chance a muslim?

And who are these 'Big Bosses' you allude to? (you may need to look up the word 'allude' but you can do this when looking up the word 'terrorist' and 'speculate')

But it would help the 'discussion' if you were to actually answer the main point and tell us what YOU think a terrorist is
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cowan

Why are people finding this so difficult?

One mans freedom fighter mentality
Reply 118

So, disagreeing with your ridiculously liberal opinion makes us bullies?

There is no discussion to be had. You asked why the co-pilot wasn't being labelled as a terrorist, and many people responded with the definition of 'Terrorism'.

It's not our fault that you're too dull to let that sink into your head, is it?
Reply 119
Original post by Cowan
He was a terrorist.

He had mental problems, no extremist connections (though I accept he displayed a black flag not dissimilar to the ones used by ISIS), and he'd just lost a legal case.

Latest

Trending

Trending