The Student Room Group

*official ocr ict gcse thread*

Hiyaa Im in year 11 and I have been scouring over the student room for agess looking for an OCR IT thread! ... Is anyone doing OCR ICT GCSE? I feel like my class is the only one doing it in the WHOLEE world. Okey maybe thats an over exaggeration:biggrin:

Even the OCR website dosen't hold many records of the gcse course I'm taking.

Is anybody doing the B061,62,63 and 64 scheme? B064 and B062 being coursework modules? And with B063 being IT in a modern context situation exam (with prerelease?) -- this year a theatre scenario?

Literally not even the OCR website has a clear link to this course:confused: only just random exam papers if you search on google.

Please I NEED RECONFIRMATIONNN:rolleyes::rolleyes: Is anybody else doing this course? Is anyone able to access a full list of past papers on the OCR website? All I find is refernce to J461 and other things to do with this "J".

Thankyou and I hope somebody actually views this thread or I'll end up making myself believe that Im the only one taking this course:dontknow::dogt:
Reply 1
I have taken ICT as one of my subjects for GCSE, but Im in Year 9 so I haven't started doing the course. Do you know if the ICT course is really hard? Some people aren't taking ICT because they think that the course is really hard...
I find ICT as a topic really interesting but the gcses are plain dull.The courseworks are dull, boring and repetitive.

ICT is the only A grade im predicted so it basically brings down all my other predictions. To do well in IT you really have to make sure you have a good teacher that knows what is required to get the top end grades.
Like one of my coursework module grade is at a B bc my teacher made us do it using a low technical "babyish" software that basically restricted the ability to reach the higher grades (we were programming a game and my teacher chose KODU - something 12 year olds use). Make sure your teacher knows what is expected and is dedicated.

I HATE THE COURSEWORK!! Soo much writing about the same thing agaian and again. Honestly ICT OCR coursework is such a joke ( to me anyway:frown: )

oh and back to your question IT isnt that hard as long as youre willing to put in the effort and depending on the exam board. Im sure youll do great +

there isnt that much content to learn, many is common sense! :biggrin:
Original post by GenuineHpLaptop
Hiyaa Im in year 11 and I have been scouring over the student room for agess looking for an OCR IT thread! ... Is anyone doing OCR ICT GCSE? I feel like my class is the only one doing it in the WHOLEE world. Okey maybe thats an over exaggeration:biggrin:

Even the OCR website dosen't hold many records of the gcse course I'm taking.

Is anybody doing the B061,62,63 and 64 scheme? B064 and B062 being coursework modules? And with B063 being IT in a modern context situation exam (with prerelease?) -- this year a theatre scenario?

Literally not even the OCR website has a clear link to this course:confused: only just random exam papers if you search on google.

Please I NEED RECONFIRMATIONNN:rolleyes::rolleyes: Is anybody else doing this course? Is anyone able to access a full list of past papers on the OCR website? All I find is refernce to J461 and other things to do with this "J".

Thankyou and I hope somebody actually views this thread or I'll end up making myself believe that Im the only one taking this course:dontknow::dogt:

I'm doing short course ICT (B061 and B062)
I did my coursework last year and I got 86/90 UMS
Managed to learn the entire syllabus this weekend and done 3 past papers
But its not too bad in my opinion (I usually get around 48/60 which is still enough to get an A* :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theworkkid
I'm doing short course ICT (B061 and B062)
I did my coursework last year and I got 86/90 UMS
Managed to learn the entire syllabus this weekend and done 3 past papers
But its not too bad in my opinion (I usually get around 48/60 which is still enough to get an A* :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Wow, thats so great, Im really happy for you! That must mean like one mark lost in the coursework. Thats supermazing.
Is it okay if I ask you what coursework titles you did? and how much you wrote for your coursework (as in pages of work you have?)?
Thanks
Really? Wow, thats so great, Im really happy for you! That must mean like one mark lost in the coursework. Thats supermazing.
Is it okay if I ask you what coursework titles you did? and how much you wrote for your coursework (as in pages of work you have?)?
Thanks

Haha thanks, tbh I just did each section when my teacher first set it so I hardly ever had a lot to do in one go

I don't remember my title exactly but it was to build a spreadsheet in excel for some computer thing

And it was super long, 100 pages, but like I said I never did a lot in one go
Also the majority was screenshots with 1/2 sentence explanations for the features I used in it (60 pages ish) so the amount of actual writing wasn't really that much

People in my class got the same mark doing 40 pages in total typed up so don't think that you have yo do as much as I did :smile:

Good luck for yours

Posted from TSR Mobile
We're doing it too. I've done the B064 coursework and I did terrible and I'm doing the B062 now so hopefully I can bring my mark up a bit.
are you in year 10?:colondollar: bc if youre in year 11 its a bit too late to do coursework:biggrin::biggrin:
[QUOTE="melodyisamarvel;55072561"]We're doing it too. I've done the B064 coursework and I did terrible and I'm doing the B062 now so hopefully I can bring my mark up a bit.[/QUOTE)
Would you be able to help me with this controlled assessment please. I do not know what questions to ask the businesses and what I am trying to find out in my research.
are you in year 10?:colondollar: bc if youre in year 11 its a bit too late to do coursework:biggrin::biggrin:

It's never too late to do ICT coursework at GCSE - it's a doddle.
Reply 10
I am doing this course too, dont worry i was looking for people that are actually doing this course too! Yes I agree your teacher needs to be good but mine us terrible. He just gave us the mark scheme and wants all of that in the work. If your teacher does not give it to you, you can find it online so you can know what to put in your work. I am doing my B062 coursework right now. Its called Westwood Hockey Club and you have to design a system for Jo. It is very long but hopefully I'll get a decent grade. Hope I help! Good luck with your course
I looked at the ICT textbook and saw that questions ranged from "how do I top up my mobile friend credit" to "Should I do my homework?". This GCSE is a joke, no wonder it's being discontinued after this year.
Reply 12
Can someone help me or send me the coding for task 2 and the design part would mean a lot if someone could help me I'm really stuck.

Some automated troubleshooting programs identify certain keywords in the customer’s query to provide potential solutions to the query.

For example, ‘There is no display on my mobile phone screen.’

The keywords ‘display’ and ‘phone’ would link to common problems with a phone display.

Analyse the requirements for this system and design, develop, test and evaluate a program to identify keywords in a query typed in by the user and provide a linked solution to common problems related to a mobile device from a selection stored in a text file or database. You will need to identify appropriate keywords that can be linked to general advice related problems. You need to account for variations in the form of the user input e.g. one user may query ‘There is no display on my mobile phone’, another user may query ‘My phone screen is blank.’

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarah301
I am doing this course too, dont worry i was looking for people that are actually doing this course too! Yes I agree your teacher needs to be good but mine us terrible. He just gave us the mark scheme and wants all of that in the work. If your teacher does not give it to you, you can find it online so you can know what to put in your work. I am doing my B062 coursework right now. Its called Westwood Hockey Club and you have to design a system for Jo. It is very long but hopefully I'll get a decent grade. Hope I help! Good luck with your course

hiiiii I'm doing Westwood hockey club too, did you find it easy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending