The Student Room Group

What problems do you currently have?

Scroll to see replies

1)I'm unwell.
2)I'm fat.
3)I don't really have close friends in the area and find it hard enough to meet like-minded people as I'm no longer in education.
4)I've become 2nd priority in my life for some time.
5)I don't have much money. I have a job that starts in a couple of weeks but the provisional period is going to be really intense to bring me up to speed so I'm scared I'll be unemployed again in a few months.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by Binary Freak
When I say my social life is somewhat lacking I do mean the only people I can talk to is people on the web. :sad:

Look, this is the only postive thing i will say about this.

At least your parents isn't psychologically bullying you because your socially inept, unlike me.
1. need to get this dissertation done aswell as other pieces of work in one week- stressful
2. deciding whether I should date someone really sweet...
3. need to find somewhere to live over the summer as my parents will be kicking me out (after I graduate)
4. need to come out- arghh stressful
5. I need a job!
earning £5k a year
wanting a car but after costs that's more than £8000/year
as well as other stuff like selling just about everything i've owned to pay debts
Original post by O.Ozz
Look, this is the only postive thing i will say about this.

At least your parents isn't psychologically bullying you because your socially inept, unlike me.

Suppose.. But I don't really talk to mine. I occasionally talk to my mum but whenever I do I'm just under an incredible amount of pressure. As for my dad.. Well.. He failed at that.

But hope things get better :smile:
Original post by somemightsay888
pray4binaryfreak :sad:

My problems:

Ran out of PS4 games. Bored of every single one and everything keeps getting delayed :sigh:
Discovered I'm pretty dire at CoD, my dreams of becoming a FaZe member are gone
Depression
Anti-depressants help but give me a severe headache, haven't not had a headache in a month now
Uni worries

I want to get a PS4. As for the depression.. I know all about that.. At this current time that literally is my life.. Depression.
I want to get a PS4. As for the depression.. I know all about that.. At this current time that literally is my life.. Depression.

:sad: I know how tough that is. Are you at Uni and if so is the social side of that just not there anymore?
:sad: I know how tough that is. Are you at Uni and if so is the social side of that just not there anymore?

Yeah I'm a first year. The social life is fine but it isn't the type of social life I want if you know what I mean?
Yeah I'm a first year. The social life is fine but it isn't the type of social life I want if you know what I mean?

Too oriented towards partying and nightlife rather than chill events :smile: ?
Too oriented towards partying and nightlife rather than chill events :smile: ?

Yeah.. I just want to be able to sit down relax and do something decent as opposed to drinking my life away. I've never involved myself with alcoholic drinks and I don't want to either. I know it's boring but that's how I am.

That said I recently did have a phone call with someone on here and it made me quite happy :h: Just wish it'd happen more often.

trust me this gen consoles aren't really worth it so far, you'd be better off waiting for a price drop
Yeah.. I just want to be able to sit down relax and do something decent as opposed to drinking my life away. I've never involved myself with alcoholic drinks and I don't want to either. I know it's boring but that's how I am.

That said I recently did have a phone call with someone on here and it made me quite happy :h: Just wish it'd happen more often.

Nah it's not boring, everyone has different tastes. Do you have a cinema or something near your Uni then, something you can quickly pop to if you want to wind down :h: ? Also, where in the UK are you at Uni if you don't mind me asking?

Oh that sounds nice :biggrin: As much as TSR is bashed...it is good for making friends.
Original post by hman1994
trust me this gen consoles aren't really worth it so far, you'd be better off waiting for a price drop

It was the idea that i wait until I get into second year of university. By then they should have some more games out. I might just get a PS3 so I can rack up a few trophies though

Nah it's not boring, everyone has different tastes. Do you have a cinema or something near your Uni then, something you can quickly pop to if you want to wind down :h: ? Also, where in the UK are you at Uni if you don't mind me asking?

Oh that sounds nice :biggrin: As much as TSR is bashed...it is good for making friends.

I have one an hour away but I live in quite a remote area so getting there is difficult and tiring. I just usually go to the river and let everything out. Sitting by with some rocks and just throwing them in the water :grin:

North Wales.. Attending Glyndwr.. Possibly the best choice I've made in the last 2 years.
It was the idea that i wait until I get into second year of university. By then they should have some more games out. I might just get a PS3 so I can rack up a few trophies though

I've got an Xbox One and it literally collects dust in the corner cause i barely have time to play it because of college, there shouldn't be a rush to get a console. Do you have any gaming devices ??
I have one an hour away but I live in quite a remote area so getting there is difficult and tiring. I just usually go to the river and let everything out. Sitting by with some rocks and just throwing them in the water :grin:

North Wales.. Attending Glyndwr.. Possibly the best choice I've made in the last 2 years.

Skimming stones eh, it's a sound go to past time :smile: How about your flatmates and societies, guessing you tried but didn't like it?

Was...the last sentence sarcasm? I'm not good with sarcasm :colondollar:
Original post by hman1994
I've got an Xbox One and it literally collects dust in the corner cause i barely have time to play it because of college, there shouldn't be a rush to get a console. Do you have any gaming devices ??

No there shouldn't be. I usually study before I go bed. So my brain can absorb the information when I'm asleep. Today is an exception for studying since I'm more down than usual. I only have a gaming PC and Xbox 360. I did have a PS3 but I sold it so I could buy some new lab equipment.
Skimming stones eh, it's a sound go to past time :smile: How about your flatmates and societies, guessing you tried but didn't like it?

Was...the last sentence sarcasm? I'm not good with sarcasm :colondollar:

Yeah great.. I love the sound of stones and water!! :grin:

No it wasn't. I've made some very bad choices over the last year. Dating/trusting someone being the first and not getting a passport sooner being the other. I commute.. Though a few classmates have suggested I move to the halls but that's a no. I don't like loud and chaotic. :tongue:
Yeah great.. I love the sound of stones and water!! :grin:

No it wasn't. I've made some very bad choices over the last year. Dating/trusting someone being the first and not getting a passport sooner being the other. I commute.. Though a few classmates have suggested I move to the halls but that's a no. I don't like loud and chaotic. :tongue:

:lol:

Well, the degree is the main thing I suppose :biggrin: I commuted to Uni this year and ended up dropping out. It was, for me anyway, such a segregated stand-offish experience :s-smilie: Haha, small TV in your room with your 360 and you'd be sorted :tongue:
:lol:

Well, the degree is the main thing I suppose :biggrin: I commuted to Uni this year and ended up dropping out. It was, for me anyway, such a segregated stand-offish experience :s-smilie: Haha, small TV in your room with your 360 and you'd be sorted :tongue:

Yeah it is and I thought about that a few weeks ago to be honest.. It isn't intense but I just feel so different from everyone else.

Haha.. That reminds me I really need to get new furniture for my room. Sort it out into some bedroom/office setup:tongue:
Yeah it is and I thought about that a few weeks ago to be honest.. It isn't intense but I just feel so different from everyone else.

Haha.. That reminds me I really need to get new furniture for my room. Sort it out into some bedroom/office setup:tongue:

Yeah, I lost a years of Student Finance too, so don't have a back up year :sigh: Just the disconnected experience is offputting.

Btw, what type of XB games do you play :tongue: ?
Yeah, I lost a years of Student Finance too, so don't have a back up year :sigh: Just the disconnected experience is offputting.

Btw, what type of XB games do you play :tongue: ?

Yeah suppose that is a nightmare and yeah it is very offputting. But sometimes the quiet life is better! :biggrin:

I usually play FPS. Those are the only games I really ever see on Xbox.. PS has a wider variety of games to me :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest