The Student Room Group

Cifas Marker

If you have a Cifas Marker can you get by with a given account by a friend/family member for the 6 years
I’ve currently got 5 years left and I’m 17 ,will I be able to manage?
Reply 1
Do you actually understand what your Cifas marker means? And what do you mean by a 'given account'?

No, don't get someone else involved in your financial troubles as it will mess things up for them as well.
Reply 2
Original post by Ns.osc
If you have a Cifas Marker can you get by with a given account by a friend/family member for the 6 years
I’ve currently got 5 years left and I’m 17 ,will I be able to manage?

If you mean that a friend/family member opens an account in their name and allows you to use it, then when the bank realises what's happening they'll close down that account (and possibly any other accounts belonging to that friend/family member) and quite possibly register a Cifas marker against that friend/family member.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Do you actually understand what your Cifas marker means? And what do you mean by a 'given account'?

No, don't get someone else involved in your financial troubles as it will mess things up for them as well.

I know it’s a marker that stops you getting a bank account but that’s about it
Reply 4
Original post by martin7
If you mean that a friend/family member opens an account in their name and allows you to use it, then when the bank realises what's happening they'll close down that account (and possibly any other accounts belonging to that friend/family member) and quite possibly register a Cifas marker against that friend/family member.

Why would that be a problem though , for example I’m starting uni this September , I can put my mums bank details down for student finance that shouldn’t be a problem I need to receive the money somehow
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia

My question is like for example if I’m to get a job or for my uni student finance , surely I can put my mums details down since I’m currently unable to have a bank account , how am I supposed to live if I can’t even do that, it shouldn’t bring problems for them because I’m not actually doing anything wrong , the reason I even have a Cifas marker isn’t even my fault aswell so for the meantime till it’s resolved I wanted to know if this was a good temporary solution till I get it removed
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Ns.osc
My question is like for example if I’m to get a job or for my uni student finance , surely I can put my mums details down since I’m currently unable to have a bank account , how am I supposed to live if I can’t even do that, it shouldn’t bring problems for them because I’m not actually doing anything wrong , the reason I even have a Cifas marker isn’t even my fault aswell so for the meantime till it’s resolved I wanted to know if this was a good temporary solution till I get it removed

You have a Cifas marker because your bank believes you did something with your account that is against their terms and conditions conditions and wants to flag up to other financial organisations that you are seen as a risk. What were you doing at 16 that makes them think there was fraudulent activity on your account?

They won't let you use other accounts because you think you could do the same again. It's been a year, so where are you with getting it resolved?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending