The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Feel like this is a game where Mert would be crucified at the back, seeing as how pacey Liverpool are.

If think Ramsey has to start, front 4 if Ozil Santi Alexis and Giroud
Yeah we need to dominate possession in this game. Set up 4-1-4-1 with Giroud up front. Ozil Santi Alexis and Walcott (Ox/Welbeck unavailable for the game) and Coquelin behind them. Cazorla and Sanchez can drop deep when needed
Original post by AR_95
Yeah we need to dominate possession in this game. Set up 4-1-4-1 with Giroud up front. Ozil Santi Alexis and Walcott (Ox/Welbeck unavailable for the game) and Coquelin behind them. Cazorla and Sanchez can drop deep when needed

Why no Ramsey? Don't tell me he's injured again
I seriously want Wilshere to start against Liverpool (or at least make a sub on)if he's fit, he's such an immense player.
Original post by leinad2012
Why no Ramsey? Don't tell me he's injured again

think hes injured :frown:
Original post by AR_95
think hes injured :frown:

Really? Arsene didn't mention it in the press conference today from what I heard on the radio
Really? Arsene didn't mention it in the press conference today from what I heard on the radio

Thought I heard it happened during his international game. Really hope it isn't true then.
Original post by Stefano93
I seriously want Wilshere to start against Liverpool (or at least make a sub on)if he's fit, he's such an immense player.

Still a week away from what Wenger said today. Same for Arteta, Debuchy and Diaby (well, a week for Diaby until he gets another injury)
Original post by AR_95
Thought I heard it happened during his international game. Really hope it isn't true then.

I heard he limped off and took a knock but haven't heard anything since which is weird tbh
Still a week away from what Wenger said today. Same for Arteta, Debuchy and Diaby (well, a week for Diaby until he gets another injury)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/02/arsenal-abou-diaby-arsene-wenger

Why are we going to offer Diaby another contract it doesn't make sense. Guy has more injuries than an A&E department. Sell him off even if he is a talented player when not injury ****'d

What do you make of the Paulo Dybala rumours? He's a sick forward.
Reply 6170
Jokes aside, it's so upsetting to see how Diaby's career is unfolding. We've just become accustomed to not having him but when he was fit he was such an important player for us. Scores crucial goals, still remember the CL semi final opener at Anfield a couple of years ago. I often forget that he even plays for us anymore but during times like these I hope for nothing more than him not picking up another injury when he returns. At 28, he still has a good 4ish years in him to be crucial for us if he remains injury free. His role doesn't really need so much pace and tbh that's the biggest thing age takes away from you.

If, and it's a huge huge if, he can have a longer run of games without being injured again (probably won't happen) then it'll be like a new signing for us. I don't see him doing a RVP if he has a really good season either to be honest.

I really hope he doesn't get injured again :frown:

[video="youtube;pyPB2XSwVX0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPB2XSwVX0[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
If we were in for Sterling (which I doubt) I see him more as a long term replacement for Cazorla in all honesty, they're style of play is much more similar than that of Walcott's, Ox, Campbell etc.

I agree he a cazorla with pace but his tackling is not as good as cazorla
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/02/arsenal-abou-diaby-arsene-wenger

Why are we going to offer Diaby another contract it doesn't make sense. Guy has more injuries than an A&E department. Sell him off even if he is a talented player when not injury ****'d

Wenger has said Arsenal are not at all interested in Dybala
Reply 6173

Really like the look of him. I think we should be all over him, he was a deadly left foot and is a completely different striker to Giroud - so it would be good to have two clinical strikers (here's hoping Giroud keeps it up). :rolleyes:

A bit of a triple post from me now though, I've posted the same things about this chap like three times now :lol:
Original post by Jgco2chem

Inevitable I guess. Should have picked out a young wonderkid from Rubin Kazan who he'd probably have more interest in.
Original post by SA-1
Really like the look of him. I think we should be all over him, he was a deadly left foot and is a completely different striker to Giroud - so it would be good to have two clinical strikers (here's hoping Giroud keeps it up). :rolleyes:

A bit of a triple post from me now though, I've posted the same things about this chap like three times now :lol:

I agree the young lad has indefatigably proved his worth at Palermo, given I've only seen two games of Palermo this season he looks very skillful and with a deadly left foot like you said. 12 Goals and 7 Assists isn't bad at Palermo, imagine at Arsenal guy would be on fire :devil3:.
(edited 9 years ago)
I agree the young lad has indefatigably proved his worth at Palermo, given I've only seen two games of Palermo this season he looks very skillful and with a deadly left foot like you said. 12 Goals and 7 Assists isn't bad at Palermo, imagine at Arsenal guy would be on fire :devil3:.

Yeah because players who come from Serie A always do really well in the Premier League.

What team would take him? It is the equivalent of taking on an 8 month pregnant woman for a 3 month temp job; you know that they're not going to do anything for you. He isn't even that quality, I don't know how anyone could perform at anywhere near the level they did 8 years ago when they've hardly played for than 5 games in a row in that spell. It's a horrid situation to be in.

I can't decide on Dybala, I haven't watched him play properly and you can't tell much from 5 minute scout videos on yt tbh. If it was between him and Pedro I'd probably choose Pedro even if he is a lot older, because we need to start buying finished articles rather than work in progress players. Pedro can also play on both wings and is pretty much the most ambidextrous two footed player around, whereas from what I've heard Dybala has no right foot at all
Tbh since Zola, can't really think of a top striker who's done really well in the prem from an italian club?

The stats are that Balotelli is the only italian player to have a premier league title. Coutinho I think is the last guy who's really done well in the prem and tbh his development was mainly at Espanyol.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jgco2chem

Interesting that he refused to comment on Sterling, seems like we may be in for him after all

Latest