The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Its not the ambition its the bare minimum, second is at least the aim
bare minimum for how many seasons? We should be aiming for the title even second place is a step up but yeah no point if we aren't contending every season for title holder's
Does anyone here play fifa 15?
Original post by Stefano93
bare minimum for how many seasons? We should be aiming for the title even second place is a step up but yeah no point if we aren't contending every season for title holder's

Arsenal were title contenders last season, their big games just came all at the same time
Original post by shawn_o1
Arsenal were title contenders last season, their big games just came all at the same time

You're dreaming Arsenal were out of the title race by March
Original post by al_94
You're dreaming Arsenal were out of the title race by March

Well it's better than being out of the title race in October :tongue:
Original post by shawn_o1
Well it's better than being out of the title race in October :tongue:

We haven't competed for the title since 2008 or the CL since 2009 that's why I want Wenger out despite his fantastic run in the PL it's too little too late in my opinion.
Original post by al_94
We haven't competed for the title since 2008 or the CL since 2009 that's why I want Wenger out despite his fantastic run in the PL it's too little too late in my opinion.

World Cup hangover and injuries killed us. Do you really think another manager could have done better given those circumstances?
We need to establish what the definition of title contenders is.

For me you are if:

you are within a 3 result swing from the top of the league for at least half the season (ignoring games in hand or any of that stuff)

So we were title challengers last year, and we are just about this year. There is a stark difference between competing/contending and actually looking like winners though and that's a jump we need to make.
Original post by De Chirico
World Cup hangover and injuries killed us. Do you really think another manager could have done better given those circumstances?

Injuries yes but i dont think you can use the excuse of a World Cup hangover since it applies to everyone and Chelsea and United sent more players to the World Cup iirc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is an excuse. We have failed for 11 years. I don't care who the manager is I WANT THE PL TITLE !!!
Original post by al_94
This is an excuse. We have failed for 11 years. I don't care who the manager is I WANT THE PL TITLE !!!

!!!
Just had a thought, if either Liverpool or Arsenal fail to reach the FA Cup final then either Aston Villa, Reading or Blackburn would take the final Europa League spot off Southampton :eek:
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Injuries yes but i dont think you can use the excuse of a World Cup hangover since it applies to everyone and Chelsea and United sent more players to the World Cup iirc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Two of our most important players went all the way with Germany. Mert and Ozil were both poor at the start of the season costing us both offensively and defensively. When I said world Cup hangover I meant the Germans more specifically, should have said that in my first post.
Reply 6394
As far as I'm concerned, 3rd place or above and the FA cup is a successful season. It's been great to see how the team's kicked on this year.
Original post by al_94

Well yes so do I but was that a realistic expectation to have post-highbury? We now have quality players in the team and the money and pulling power to add more. We weren't able to do that while we were paying off debt every year.

Can see more sustained title challenges in the coming seasons.
Original post by EddyP
As far as I'm concerned, 3rd place or above and the FA cup is a successful season. It's been great to see how the team's kicked on this year.

Agree. Retaining the fa cup would be a massive achievement and would do wonders for the morale of the team. As frustrating as the start of this season was it was clear that with the quality we have it would click eventually.
Top 4 nailed on, FA cup looking good. Happy with this season.
Well yes so do I but was that a realistic expectation to have post-highbury? We now have quality players in the team and the money and pulling power to add more. We weren't able to do that while we were paying off debt every year.

Can see more sustained title challenges in the coming seasons.

I don't see it as an excuse even Liverpool went on a title challenge last season so we should be able to also. We have failed and will continue to fail until the squad is managed properly.
Original post by EddyP

Agreed. Especially given our start, its been great to see how we have got a much more "determined" looking team

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest