The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Yes, definitely! for example, for a 5 mark question I wrote about half a page (my handwriting is medium to large) and when I checked to see the markscheme it had written a few lines of a suitable answer. I think all answers must follow the mark scheme guidelines but the examiner will be the judge on whether what you produce is coreect. :smile:
Reply 61
hi, does anybody know if there's always a big 6/12 marker on the abnormality section (cognitive,behavioral and psychodynamic)?
Does anyone have any notes on Peer Relations? Im really struggling trying to think of evaluation points for it. I know for A01 you have shea et al, Clarke Stewart and syla et al. But I have no idea what to write for A02, any help would be great!
HOW DO I REMEMBER RESEARCH METHODS! THERE'S SO MANY LITTLE THINGS TO LEARN! I'M SCARED THAT ILL LOSE MOST MARKS ON THIS SECTION, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS ON HOW I CAN KEEP THESE MEMORISED?? Thanks in advance!
How would you answer a 12 marker on independent behaviour? Also, the 12 on personality factors not a clue - everything seems so long and I'm worried about how to fit everything important in?

have you all finished every single unit? my class our just finishing stress and beginning abnormality on the first week back. I'm worried i'm far behind.
Does anyone know June 2014 Unit 1 or Unit 2's 8 or 12 markers?
Would be much appreciated!
Original post by ranimayx
Does anyone know June 2014 Unit 1 or Unit 2's 8 or 12 markers?
Would be much appreciated!

I know the unit 1 12 marker- outline and evaluate one or more reseatch studies which have investigated the accuracy of ewt. - you can basically talk about anxiety, age or even misleading info. There wasnt a 8 mark question in unit 1, just a 12mark.
Reply 68
I have thee WORST psychology teacher you can imagine! Most of my knowledge in psychology AS was self taught. Talk about time consuming, because it's basically learning it for the first time.

Plus, he always gives us these classroom tests..good? NO!!! He says we can use our texts books! I don't, but it means i can't concentrate because everyone just chats about their life.

Question is...should i start skipping psychology classes, or will that look bad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeeBuzz
I have thee WORST psychology teacher you can imagine! Most of my knowledge in psychology AS was self taught. Talk about time consuming, because it's basically learning it for the first time.

Plus, he always gives us these classroom tests..good? NO!!! He says we can use our texts books! I don't, but it means i can't concentrate because everyone just chats about their life.

Question is...should i start skipping psychology classes, or will that look bad?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Practice the past papers and writing the 12 mark essays over and over. This will help even without a good teacher to help you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by Mephestic
Practice the past papers and writing the 12 mark essays over and over. This will help even without a good teacher to help you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please could someone help me on an essay plan for deprivation!! So confused as to what a01/2 to include'
does anyone have any predictions on the type of questions that might come up?
Original post by basedgiraffe
does anyone have any predictions on the type of questions that might come up?

They will be on Loopa psychology - psya1 predictions are out, psya2 and a2 are coming soon too if you subscribe to the Facebook group! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know what last years exam papers asked, especially the essay questions?
Original post by Isabella~
Do we need an introduction and conclusion in 12 mark essays?

Posted from TSR Mobile

12 mark essays are usually outline and evaluate right? so for example if it was O&E research into EWT. you'd write an intro for the research do the Procedure, Findings and Conclusion then do the Criticisms using PEE
Original post by Mephestic
They will be on Loopa psychology - psya1 predictions are out, psya2 and a2 are coming soon too if you subscribe to the Facebook group! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks!
Reply 77
Does anyone have the Unit 1 June 2014 paper? :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh okay, so you don't need an intro like 'there are many ways...in this essay... "

um well not entirely, i wasnt taught to do that. Your intro could be something like this "Rahe et al did a natural experiment on life changes and stress" etc then proceed to elaborate
or just refer back to the question for your first sentence. i wouldnt go into detail for an intro, a sentence is fine and then just get straight into your answer. hope this helps!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh okay, so you don't need an intro like 'there are many ways...in this essay... "

introductions like that are practically void at a level anyway, but are completely unnecessary in psychology. don't fumble around and just get straight into it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending