This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

TW abuse

Spoiler

cant do it :cry:
Original post by CescaD96
My friends are like this too, and it has came to the point where I am starting to get very snappy with them.

I'm very close to being like this too!!

The problem is, I'm really out-going and laugh all the time, fairly hyper-active, but my main introverted tendency is that I need time to recharge by being by myself. When am I by myself? At night time, where I can rest and feel relaxed. Granted, I have family n'all but you get what I mean and yeah if I'm in a relationship, I'm sure future gf would be fine about it all. However, a lot of my friends don't seem to grasp this and eventually it'll be a big deal and a fall-out with at least one of them will happen.

I'm just not a huge fan of the night-life, it gets me anxious. Although I've been to proms, they were more controlled and even then, I wasn't feeling amazing piror, during or post the event.

Sorry for this block of text lovely :redface:
Original post by IDukem
I'm very close to being like this too!!

The problem is, I'm really out-going and laugh all the time, fairly hyper-active, but my main introverted tendency is that I need time to recharge by being by myself. When am I by myself? At night time, where I can rest and feel relaxed. Granted, I have family n'all but you get what I mean and yeah if I'm in a relationship, I'm sure future gf would be fine about it all. However, a lot of my friends don't seem to grasp this and eventually it'll be a big deal and a fall-out with at least one of them will happen.

I'm just not a huge fan of the night-life, it gets me anxious. Although I've been to proms, they were more controlled and even then, I wasn't feeling amazing piror, during or post the event.

Sorry for this block of text lovely :redface:

I'm just terrified of being around people, even at school. Why would I then want to go out and watch my friends make fools of themselves getting drunk? When I'm home I can be alone to a degree and be safer to a degree.

I've only been diagnosed recently and when I told my friends they finally understood why I act like I do but since that I have been invited out for events and it lead me to snapping. I didn't want to but it's frustrating, isn't it?
Original post by PandaWho
Iv got 3 now :eek: but i never suggest people get one until theyv liked a design for at least 6 months and know where they want it

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's 2 I know I definitely want, just where is my problem!
Original post by Valvopus
I'm planning to grab some henna ink to try out a few tattoo design/locations over summer before I commit to it being permanent.

That's a good plan actually :yep:
Original post by furryface12
Sorry :colondollar: I just stick to the jeans and hoodie bit :redface:
Did they scream back at you? :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Nout (edit: just realised how northern I actually am :colondollar:) wrong with that! Unfortunately they did not :frown:

Hope you're ok! :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
Very poorly panda. Just thrown up on guide camp. Urgh. Not going to complete my training i dont think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really fed up of my constant feeling thirsty. Is it weird to say that this is actually making me feel quite depressed in itself ?

GP requested blood tests a few weeks ago for diabetes as it rubs in family and also calcium levels as both things can cause extreme thirst, but both came back normal. So he said it will be the anxiety that is making my mouth feel dry

Still here a few weeks later and it's not eased up at all. I just always need to drink
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Really fed up of my constant feeling thirsty. Is it weird to say that this is actually making me feel quite depressed in itself ?

GP requested blood tests a few weeks ago for diabetes as it rubs in family and also calcium levels as both things can cause extreme thirst, but both came back normal. So he said it will be the anxiety that is making my mouth feel dry

Still here a few weeks later and it's not eased up at all. I just always need to drink

I have really bad dry mouth too. Mostly caused by the medication I'm on (are you on anything that might cause it?) but also I get it really bad from anxiety too so that's definitely possible.

I find sugar free gum and sugar free sweets both help a lot.
Original post by Sabertooth
I have really bad dry mouth too. Mostly caused by the medication I'm on (are you on anything that might cause it?) but also I get it really bad from anxiety too so that's definitely possible.

I find sugar free gum and sugar free sweets both help a lot.

Not sure if either of my meds could be the cause, but I am on 100mg Sertraline and 15mg Mirtazapine ?

Thank you, will give those two things a try because it is really annoying me at present. Can't do anything without needing a drink constantly

I get dry mouth cos of my meds, it's frustrating to always feel thirsty. One thing I find helps is to suck ice cubes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure if either of my meds could be the cause, but I am on 100mg Sertraline and 15mg Mirtazapine ?

Thank you, will give those two things a try because it is really annoying me at present. Can't do anything without needing a drink constantly

Both of them can cause it. I'm surprised your doctor didn't tell you that... :s-smilie:

Yeah I get ya, it sucks. :console:
Sometimes, mine gets so dry I can't talk. :frown:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Big hugs for everyone :grouphugs:

The voices went away and let me do my conference presentation in peace :eek: AND I didn't fall over or say anything too daft.

TLG 1 - Voices 0 :king1:

I would give you rep right now but it won't let me. :frown: :jumphug: Glad it went well! :biggrin:
Can't sleep :sigh: A boy who went to my old high school died today and it should have been me. He had loads of friends, played for the school's rugby team and by all accounts was just a great guy and it's just not fair. He had so much to offer, what do I have :bawling: A girl in my year at college died a few months ago and I felt the same then, it's so cruel

Posted from TSR Mobile
really struggling tonight, so many thoughts going round and round in my mind
Original post by Valvopus
:console::hugs::hugs::hugs::jumphug::penguinhug:

Cheers :hugs:
Original post by Midnightmemories

Sorry I don't have anything half useful to say but :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2
Can't sleep :sigh: A boy who went to my old high school died today and it should have been me. He had loads of friends, played for the school's rugby team and by all accounts was just a great guy and it's just not fair. He had so much to offer, what do I have :bawling: A girl in my year at college died a few months ago and I felt the same then, it's so cruel

Posted from TSR Mobile
:jumphug:

Spoiler

Original post by Midnightmemories

:hugs: you too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, sleep well :hugs:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Still not slept and making me feel worse :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2
Cheers :hugs:

Sorry I don't have anything half useful to say but :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by furryface12
:jumphug:

Spoiler

:hugs: you too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by PandaWho
Still not slept and making me feel worse :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Giving hugs to everyone :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

--

Still haven't slept. Unsure if theres actually a point in sleeping now.
When I came back to university I gave myself a don't drink in situations where you are anxious rule. Especially when ON my own. Now, this has worked really well I have barely been drunk at all since October (well, not at uni anyway) and I think overall I handle social stuff a lot better now.
Last night however, after being somewhat stressed on the way to a gig I decided I really wanted a cider. I have a habit of drinking something really quickly if I'm just standing around with it in my hands, mostly just as something to do. So that drink lasted all of ten minutes.Then I made a mistake, because the correct thing to do would be to order a non-alcoholic drink not another 3 ciders through the night and get sucked into the mosh pit (to be fair by the end the whole venue was joining in).

So after all that I had to head back to my room. A simple task, 15 minute walk down two fairly straight roads.
Now, I don't know how I ended up traversing basically all of Cambridge last night, I'm assuming a wrong turn and preoccupation with the lovely cider I was carrying but it took me the best part of an hour to get back after fence hopping to get back onto a road I knew. I am very glad I didn't cycle there in the end because I would not have been in a fit state to operate a bike.

So I messed up quite badly but I enjoyed myself, I went to a gig alone and talked to people. It was just the getting to and from there that was the issue. As my friend said an hour ago when she text me, after reminding me of how often I used to do this kind of thing back in Manchester, "Yeah, Valve did a stupid."

Latest