The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatGuyRik
Buy another CM, yet we let Chelsea have fabregas :/

Fabregas would have been nice but we need someone with more defensive attributes to their game too like Sncheiderlin etc
Original post by AR_95
Fabregas would have been nice but we need someone with more defensive attributes to their game too like Sncheiderlin etc

Yh then we need a CDM. But nah letting cesc go to chelsea was a crime. Its a offence.
not convinced on milner.. sure he is free.. but hes on what, 120k at city? that would make him our 3rd highest paid player.. behind ozil and sanchez.

Way to much for someone who would surely only be a squad player..

- though if he were to take a wage cut.. he could be very useful
Just seen sky sports tweet we are amongst other clubs to make an offer for Cleverley wth lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Just seen sky sports tweet we are amongst other clubs to make an offer for Cleverley wth lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope not.

what is it with us and english united players at the moment.. welbeck, smalling and now cleverly
Milner would be a good capture.

Walcott has opened talks to discuss his future at Arsenal over the next two weeks too.

And Dortmund have called a press conference at 12:30pm (UK time) and it widely believed to announce the imminent departure of Klopp which has set Piers Moron off on Twitter and the rest of the #WengerOut brigade.
Original post by fallen_acorns
not convinced on milner.. sure he is free.. but hes on what, 120k at city? that would make him our 3rd highest paid player.. behind ozil and sanchez.

Way to much for someone who would surely only be a squad player..

- though if he were to take a wage cut.. he could be very useful

There's no chance he'd be on £120k here, most likely around 80/90k but I don't see it being any higher. That's why I thought he'd be a better fit at Liverpool though as they're more likely to start him often than we are.
klopp expected to say he wants time away from football before managing again.. so anyone wanting him to replace wenger straight away, will be dissapointed.

I would like him to come to the PL though.. just for his personality.. but I am not entirely convinced about arsenal
Original post by TornadoGR4

And Dortmund have called a press conference at 12:30pm (UK time) and it widely believed to announce the imminent departure of Klopp which has set Piers Moron off on Twitter and the rest of the #WengerOut brigade.

Original post by fallen_acorns
klopp expected to say he wants time away from football before managing again.. so anyone wanting him to replace wenger straight away, will be dissapointed.

I would like him to come to the PL though.. just for his personality.. but I am not entirely convinced about arsenal

Not sold on Klopp AT ALL. If he's struggling in the Bundesliga then I can only imagine how he'd cope with the premier league. Wenger's done well to keep the team near enough a title challenge this season and last, and I only see us improving next year (now that we actually have the depth and quality). I feel Klopp would be a step backwards for a year or two and there's no reason to do so. UTD/Liverpool/Soton/City/Chelsea all edging for the title/top four so if we were to make such a drastic managerial change, I could see us potentially dropping out of the top four which is too much of a risk to take.

It's not that I'm holding my breath over Wenger making us title challengers either, but I'd rather stay close to around 2nd/3rd then miss out on CL altogether.
The right time will come to replace Wenger and even though I'm WengerOut, now isn't the time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol Cleverly is just as likely of happening as Zigic was.

Original post by AR_95
Lol Cleverly is just as likely of happening as Zigic was.

Before his contract with Birmingham expired at the end of the 13/14 season, he was apparently on £60k a week and refused to take a pay cut with Birmingham being unable to shift him on due to his hefty wage demands, almost brought the entire club down when they were in the **** financially. He's nothing special anyway & never was.
embarrassing for sky to even put that up tbh. i'm more intrigued as to who will replace klopp at dortmund cos he's not going to jump in and replace wenger so don't really care what else he does.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Before his contract with Birmingham expired at the end of the 13/14 season, he was apparently on £60k a week and refused to take a pay cut with Birmingham being unable to shift him on due to his hefty wage demands, almost brought the entire club down when they were in the **** financially. He's nothing special anyway & never was.

That's disgusting
Original post by AR_95
Not sold on Klopp AT ALL. If he's struggling in the Bundesliga then I can only imagine how he'd cope with the premier league. Wenger's done well to keep the team near enough a title challenge this season and last, and I only see us improving next year (now that we actually have the depth and quality). I feel Klopp would be a step backwards for a year or two and there's no reason to do so. UTD/Liverpool/Soton/City/Chelsea all edging for the title/top four so if we were to make such a drastic managerial change, I could see us potentially dropping out of the top four which is too much of a risk to take.

It's not that I'm holding my breath over Wenger making us title challengers either, but I'd rather stay close to around 2nd/3rd then miss out on CL altogether.
The right time will come to replace Wenger and even though I'm WengerOut, now isn't the time.

He's only struggling due to the fact, he's had key players sold season after season. That's not really the case for Arsenal anymore is it? Even after they won the bundesliga for the first time, he had to sell Sahin one of his best players. Season after that Kagawa left, Gotze the next, Lewandonski the following. At the end of this season how many players are expected to leave? Reus? Hummels? Gundogan?
That's four seasons where he's taken Dortmund, punching way above their weight, with the way they play football as well.

Not expecting him to be in the Prem for at least another season. But if anything Kloop is as good as a replacement for Wenger you're ever likely going to get.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7174
I don't think you could get much better than Klopp when Wenger retires. His record is awesome.
Jurgen Klopp lol more like Jurgen Flopp can't even get his team into EL :lol::lol:
Original post by AR_95
Not sold on Klopp AT ALL.

Well then you're a fool

Not to say that I think he'd produce immediate rewards, but you don't turn down a manager like him.
Imagine not rating Klopp.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Well then you're a fool

Not to say that I think he'd produce immediate rewards, but you don't turn down a manager like him.

Would you take Klopp right now over Rodgers?
Reply 7179
Unbelievable that some arse fans don't think Klopp is good enough for them.

Latest