The Student Room Group

AS medical students

How is everyone feeling about revision? Just over a month left until exams, who's prepared for getting A's?

What subjects are you doing? I'm doing psychology chemistry maths and psychology.
Reply 1
You're doing 2x psychology? O.o

I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. Not too confident about A*s but I'll see how it goes as I continue studying.
Reply 2
Original post by corpeal
You're doing 2x psychology? O.o

I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. Not too confident about A*s but I'll see how it goes as I continue studying.

Sorry I meant psychology maths biology and chemistry. How is physics? I'm not too sure if I will get the grades either, but I really want to do medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ssn2125
Sorry I meant psychology maths biology and chemistry. How is physics? I'm not too sure if I will get the grades either, but I really want to do medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, physics isn't too hard, mechanics side is like an easier version of M1 but with definitions. How is psychology? I hear there's quite a hefty amount of stuff to learn in it!
Chem, Bio, Maths and Philosophy.

Feeling very nervous about how competitive it is.
I need to up my revision seeing as exams are so ridiculously soon.

Let's hope that everything goes to plan! Good luck:smile:
Chemistry Biology Psychology Geography

How's your Psychology going?, there's so many studies to learn :mad:
Reply 6
Psychology is interesting but I am without a teacher, so it is very difficult for me. Biology chemistry and psychology all have huge amounts of content

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by corpeal
Well, physics isn't too hard, mechanics side is like an easier version of M1 but with definitions. How is psychology? I hear there's quite a hefty amount of stuff to learn in it!

Psychology is hard there's of content to cover on the syllabus, and have you done m1? I did c1 c2 and s1!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by qwerty123A
Chemistry Biology Psychology Geography

How's your Psychology going?, there's so many studies to learn :mad:

So many studies I agree with you! I'm finding it extremely hard! Which do you prefer, unit 1 or 2? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ssn2125
So many studies I agree with you! I'm finding it extremely hard! Which do you prefer, unit 1 or 2? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cant lie I prefer Unit 1, mainly because it feels easier :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by qwerty123A
I cant lie I prefer Unit 1, mainly because it feels easier :biggrin:

I agree with you, unit 1 is easier and it is shorter too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I'm studying maths, biology chemistry and geography (boo) at the moment!

Feeling very confident with C1 & C2 in maths, but S1 is annoying. In biology, I'm confident overall, more with F211 than F212 (still need to revise unit 2 module 3 - the stuff on biodiversity etc.) and chemistry is definitely the hardest but I think I am improving ^_^

Geography I know I will manage to get an A at but no matter what score I get (even if it's above 90% UMS), I am dropping it ASAP hahaha xD I just despise it lol.

Good luck guys :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Don Pedro K.

Feeling very confident with C1 & C2 in maths, but S1 is annoying. In biology, I'm confident overall, more with F211 than F212 (still need to revise unit 2 module 3 - the stuff on biodiversity etc.) and chemistry is definitely the hardest but I think I am improving ^_^

Geography I know I will manage to get an A at but no matter what score I get (even if it's above 90% UMS), I am dropping it ASAP hahaha xD I just despise it lol.

I am feeling very worried about C2, C1 is okay and S1 is okay also. I am still to do one of my chemistry isa papers. Chemistry unit 2 is very hard :mad:. Good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by ssn2125
I am feeling very worried about C2, C1 is okay and S1 is okay also. I am still to do one of my chemistry isa papers. Chemistry unit 2 is very hard :mad:. Good luck to you too :smile:

I agree, Chemistry is definitely the hardest A-level out there I think! I mean, they made GCSE so easy and then BAM! MECHANISMS, KINETICS BLAH BLAH BLAH xD

Oh well, let's try our bests haha :smile: :biggrin:

Ahahaha exactly the same!! Except not sure about acing geography I'm hating it so much -_- chemistry is hard so I'm just hopeful I will find it an an ok paper aha.. What sucks are the ISAs :/

good of luck to you too!! :smile:
Original post by Ellebann
Ahahaha exactly the same!! Except not sure about acing geography I'm hating it so much -_- chemistry is hard so I'm just hopeful I will find it an an ok paper aha.. What sucks are the ISAs :/

good of luck to you too!! :smile:

Oh my days I agree about the ISAs xD I managed to get 14/14 on one of them for the first time last week and I thought that'd move me up to 37/40 but no...It had to be 36...so I have to do ANOTHER ONE on Wednesday hahaha! Oh well, I guess it's worth it lol
Oh my days I agree about the ISAs xD I managed to get 14/14 on one of them for the first time last week and I thought that'd move me up to 37/40 but no...It had to be 36...so I have to do ANOTHER ONE on Wednesday hahaha! Oh well, I guess it's worth it lol

Wow 14 that's impressive - yet that's still a good mark!! Good luck with your ISA on Wednesday :smile: you'll ace it don't worry ahaha I have a chem and bio one next week so we can suffer together :wink: ahaha
Original post by Ellebann
Wow 14 that's impressive - yet that's still a good mark!! Good luck with your ISA on Wednesday :smile: you'll ace it don't worry ahaha I have a chem and bio one next week so we can suffer together :wink: ahaha

Haha thanks xD The only reason why I'm so annoyed is that 37/40 is usually an A so yeah haha but I hope to get at least 13 or 14 on this next one so I can get that mark :biggrin:! Good luck to you too ^_^ I have a biology evaluative next week too, but I'm not worried about it as I am already on 38/40 for Biology :biggrin:! So I'm just doing this one for the banter really (lol)

Quick Reply

Latest