The Student Room Group

iPad/Laptop Recommendations For Medicine

Hello, this year I'll (hopefully) be a medical student and I've been doing lots of research on what sort of electronic device to get for university, however I can't decide whether I should get an iPad/tablet or a laptop. I was wondering if any current medical students have some recommendations on what to get. It would help a lot, thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by d1anasaur
Hello, this year I'll (hopefully) be a medical student and I've been doing lots of research on what sort of electronic device to get for university, however I can't decide whether I should get an iPad/tablet or a laptop. I was wondering if any current medical students have some recommendations on what to get. It would help a lot, thank you so much! :smile:

Hey!
Congratulations on getting an offer at medical school!
I think most of the medics in my year had laptops, because they are much easier for writing assignments and are more versatile than IPads in terms of applications and programmes. There are a few students who used IPads as well though, so it is definitely possible to use those too. I would recommend picking a laptop that is not very heavy because you will have to carry it around alot!
I hope this helps!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Reply 2
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hey!
Congratulations on getting an offer at medical school!
I think most of the medics in my year had laptops, because they are much easier for writing assignments and are more versatile than IPads in terms of applications and programmes. There are a few students who used IPads as well though, so it is definitely possible to use those too. I would recommend picking a laptop that is not very heavy because you will have to carry it around alot!
I hope this helps!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

Thank you so much for the advice, this definitely helps a lot! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending