The Student Room Group

Student Finance England

Hello,

I am studying at the open university, I study online as I suffer with severe anxiety and depression which stops me from going into a brick university. What would I need to provide to be able to get my maintance loan ? As I know that they only get paid out when a person attends a brick university.

Also could I still apply even if my tutition loan has already been approved?

I would appreciate if someone cold help.

Thanks,
Dagmara
Original post by Dagmarap487
Hello,

I am studying at the open university, I study online as I suffer with severe anxiety and depression which stops me from going into a brick university. What would I need to provide to be able to get my maintance loan ? As I know that they only get paid out when a person attends a brick university.

Also could I still apply even if my tutition loan has already been approved?

I would appreciate if someone cold help.

Thanks,
Dagmara

Hi there,

Open University students are eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan only. However, new students who are studying a Distance Learning course due to a disability will be eligible for the Part Time Maintenance Loan. Students who are distance learning with a HEP that would otherwise require attendance can also be eligible for the Part Time Maintenance Loan. Evidence will be required to prove the student is unable to attend due to a disability.

If you contact us we can send the Medical Declaration Form to you to have completed by a qualified medical professional. You can contact us on live chat or call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks,
Claire
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,
Open University students are eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan only. However, new students who are studying a Distance Learning course due to a disability will be eligible for the Part Time Maintenance Loan. Students who are distance learning with a HEP that would otherwise require attendance can also be eligible for the Part Time Maintenance Loan. Evidence will be required to prove the student is unable to attend due to a disability.
If you contact us we can send the Medical Declaration Form to you to have completed by a qualified medical professional. You can contact us on live chat or call us on 0300 100 0607.
Thanks,
Claire

Hello thank you for this. Is the medical form everything I will need to send off ?
Original post by Dagmarap487
Hello thank you for this. Is the medical form everything I will need to send off ?

Hi there,

Yes. It would just be the medical declaration we require.

Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending