The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by newblood
Unfortunately physicsmaths is off to cambridge. But even hes not ashamed to admit the undeniable class that is UCL

:colone:

So how come you won't be going to UCL?
Original post by enaayrah
I would host a tea party just for members of this thread!

I'd book a plane ticket for that

Posted from TSR Mobile
So how come you won't be going to UCL?

I'll be firming my UCL offer (Which is conditional, unlike cambridge, stiffer challenge for a better institution).

Upon matriculation I shall be enshrined into their motto of fidelity, liberty and fraternity :wink:
Original post by C0balt
I'd book a plane ticket for that

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you wouldn't :wink: it'd be a simple walk away..

Ugh I'm fantasizing again. Its such a harmful thing to do :frown:
Original post by SophieBarlow87
A lot of people do further maths instead of doing all three sciences

FM is included in math in my statement.
What if your 4th A Level is no longer related to the sciences, so you drop it to pick up an AS that is related? In my case, that would be dropping Lit to pick up AS Further Maths.

Just because you want to do a science as a degree doesn't mean that you can't study something other than the sciences as an A Level either. I think its good to have a combination of the Arts and the Sciences because it shows you have a wide range of skills.

You can do all the maths sciences and an arts subject. What's stopping you? I did 6 ASs last year, dropped one, took up another so am doing 5 A2s and an AS this year (so one arts subject each year). I don't see a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by newblood
I'll be firming my UCL offer (Which is conditional, unlike cambridge, stiffer challenge for a better institution).

Upon matriculation I shall be enshrined into their motto of fidelity, liberty and fraternity :wink:

I hope you find the challenge and the enshrinement very rewarding. Good luck :wink:
Original post by raineandfyre
I can't take biology. School only allows a maximum of 4 A levels and since I want to do physical sciences, physics, chem, maths and further maths is a better option for me than phys, chem, bio and maths. I think you're right about doing 3 A levels (as a Cam applicant) being somewhat lazy though, I'm doing 3AS + 1A2 this year and to be honest I have been cruising (although I do work in every free period I have). I can't see it being that much harder next year either as I will be a year older after all, and doing 3A2 + 1AS rather than 4A2.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Even with 6 subjects I feel I'm wasting too much time. Like I haven't even started revising yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by umutalberts
FM is included in math in my statement.

You can do all the maths sciences and an arts subject. What's stopping you? I did 6 ASs last year, dropped one, took up another so am doing 5 A2s and an AS this year (so one arts subject each year). I don't see a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My college doesn't allow 5 AS Levels. I did ask at enrolment
I hope you find the challenge and the enshrinement very rewarding. Good luck :wink:

Thankyou youngling

Maybe one day you will get that elusive UCL offer to :colone:
No you wouldn't :wink: it'd be a simple walk away..

Ugh I'm fantasizing again. Its such a harmful thing to do :frown:

Oh yes I forgot :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophieBarlow87
What a levels are you doing ?

A2 Double maths, triple science and a language (German AS last year, Chinese AS this year)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shudve learnt it and sat it extra.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Take them on your own? I was only allowed to do 4 at school so had to self teach the other 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cerlohee
A good number of top posters from the 2015 thread got offers last year :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3055389&page=189&p=52838041#post52838041

Do you know the outcomes of the "pending" ones? We should ask jneill to update them (since he knows everything about everyone)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you know the outcomes of the "pending" ones? We should ask jneill to update them (since he knows everything about everyone)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3055389&page=232&p=52897475#post52897475

:wink:

Wow 90% success rate in top 10 posters. That speaks volumes.

Post on guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Post on guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If only posting was the cause of offer..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Post on guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I may as well just stop revising and make sure I get in the top 10 to increase my chances...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
If only posting was the cause of offer..

The ATs keep an eye on the regular posters and have stated they are much more likely to make them an offer.

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending