The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by umutalberts
Come on guys man up - you're applying to Cambridge after all! Yes there are people who get offers with only 3 A levels, but it is definitely an advantage if you do all the sciences and maths if you're applying for natsci because not only does it make a better impression (since why the f*ck would you not do all of em if you wanna study science since in reality there is no clear division between them?) it will also keep your options open for when you are choosing first year modules. In any case, it really isn't hard to take 4+ A levels. 3 is just too lazy imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really lazy, if you want to have a part time job without having to worry too much about it interfering with your learning then doing three subject is kind of ideal as you have so much spare time in school that you can do homework and revision and still manage to excel. I would personally rather do four A2 subjects (which I am), as I value learning more than earning, I guess :smile:
Original post by C0balt
Why is oxford counterpart thread dead every year (I assume)Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Cause it is for the waste man. Posted from TSR Mobile

you may be right in that. Interesting thing is it's not just at TSR. FB's 'Memes' 'Overheard at ...' & The Tab, etc. theirs are always less active and die quickly AND definitely not as funny as Cambridge's.
Maybe they're a bunch of boring people............or they do have a life. :tongue:
Original post by umutalberts
Genuinely sorry if I offended you. My sense of humour has often caused me similar problems in the past, and I am aware that I am often misunderstood in this respect and am working on improving myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol its ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I just say, beware of what you say :lol: the ATs do read, and I've said some pretty embarrassing stuff on here lmao

Although, I think being in top ten posters means if they reject you there will be outrage they'll witness, and to prevent that, they'll accept you even if you're ****

Moi for example
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Can I just say, beware of what you say :lol: the ATs do read, and I've said some pretty embarrassing stuff on here lmao

Although, I think being in top ten posters means if they reject you there will be outrage they'll witness, and to prevent that, they'll accept you even if you're ****

Moi for example

I've already said some embarrassing stuff :lol:
But I'll try to think twice before I type.

I'm sure you got in on academic merit though, not because you were the top poster :erm:
Original post by enaayrah
I've already said some embarrassing stuff :lol:
But I'll try to think twice before I type.

I'm sure you got in on academic merit though, not because you were the top poster :erm:

Lol, I don't think it was worse than something I said :rofl:

I think it played to my advantage... He knew who I was lol, that's why it was quite funny. I implied I was rejected and then he said 'I'm sure I gave you an offer'
Lol, I don't think it was worse than something I said :rofl:

I think it played to my advantage... He knew who I was lol, that's why it was quite funny. I implied I was rejected and then he said 'I'm sure I gave you an offer'

:rofl:

How did he know who you were? :eek: That creeps me out a little...
I think if you apply to Christs then you will be seen. Cause the AT is pretty active. I don't think Fitzwilliam is on here lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can tell between people form there stats. Hances of people having exact same stats are minimal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can tell between people form there stats. Hances of people having exact same stats are minimal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see, might cover up my stats nearer the time... Or show it all completely...

Its good that I'm not applying to Christ's :lol:

I PMd him asking about my chances with my UMS and Grades and stuff like my GCSE school being terrible etc

So then when I applied to his college he obviously knew who I was :tongue:
I PMd him asking about my chances with my UMS and Grades and stuff like my GCSE school being terrible etc

So then when I applied to his college he obviously knew who I was :tongue:

Oh, I understand :tongue:

Moi for example

I hope I haven't said anything embarrassing :ahee:
Which is unlikely :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I think if you apply to Christs then you will be seen. Cause the AT is pretty active. I don't think Fitzwilliam is on here lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure if that's good or bad lol
In interview if they say like oh you're on TSR then it would be a very good ice breaker but at the same time very embarrassing because I don't remember what I'd said here previously lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
In interview if they say like oh you're on TSR then it would be a very good ice breaker but at the same time very embarrassing because I don't remember what I'd said here previously lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't really get interviewed by the at though
Original post by C0balt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha lol na i don't think the AT interview you. The academics of your subject will which could be the main sciences or arts AT by chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't really get interviewed by the at though

The Christ's AT here is historian he said last time around XD
But who knows there could be AT without obvious accounts keeping an eye :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
The Christ's AT here is historian he said last time around XD
But who knows there could be AT without obvious accounts keeping an eye :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have the last say on decision though I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vincrows
you may be right in that. Interesting thing is it's not just at TSR. FB's 'Memes' 'Overheard at ...' & The Tab, etc. theirs are always less active and die quickly AND definitely not as funny as Cambridge's.
Maybe they're a bunch of boring people............or they do have a life. :tongue:

Its the former haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha lol na i don't think the AT interview you. The academics of your subject will which could be the main sciences or arts AT by chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Christ's AT he said was a historian so probably not him for my interview but who knows who could be on TSR actively and not post lol

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending