The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samb1234
The thing is I procrastinate anyway so at least I'm doing something vaguely related to my education rather than watching random YouTube videos

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah helping people on chem/physics has been actually useful lol
i don't know what i'd be doing to procrastinate without TSR - but I'm sure it would be less productive thing
Original post by C0balt
Yup, it has only had positive impacts on my education :cool:

Spoiler

But this is a good procrastination...
I talk here for a while, saying all the great things I hope to do, and then I say 'Heck, let me get off my ass and actually do something to get it' it's quite a nice feeling haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I share some of that success/credit?

Well, you are on TSR :wink:
Original post by vincrows
My daughter didn't want to go to Cambridge at all at first. I dragged her to Open Day because her school strongly recommended she should try. She changed her mind after the open day, but there're two other unis she was more interested in their course. She got offers from those two, too, but in the end she chose Cambridge because of the collegiate system. She thinks that was the best decision of her life.
I'm sure you're parents will be supportive once you submitted your application. There's no parent who wouldnt hope the best for their child. :smile: it's just one university out of five. What do you have to lose? :wink:

I have a number of things in my mind that I would lose! :lol: I'm only kidding, it is only one choice out of five, and I hope that my grades are such that I can apply to as many great universities in the country as possible, so I am guaranteed a good degree no matter what :smile:
Original post by enaayrah
But this is a good procrastination...
I talk here for a while, saying all the great things I hope to do, and then I say 'Heck, let me get off my ass and actually do something to get it' it's quite a nice feeling haha

Out of all procrastination I would do this is the most useful one :lol:

But well it's still a procrastination

Now I'll get this decision past paper done :colonhash:
I've said this hundred times but decision is evil :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Out of all procrastination I would do this is the most useful one :lol:

But well it's still a procrastination

Now I'll get this decision past paper done :colonhash:
I've said this hundred times but decision is evil :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have to do it next year :frown: not looking forward to it
Hopefully C3, C4, FP1, M1 and M2 will overshadow D1, though I will have to get a high mark on it for an A*...
Hopefully C3, C4, FP1, M1 and M2 will overshadow D1, though I will have to get a high mark on it for an A*...

In maths you can move your applied unit around to maximise your grade as far as I know
My friend was talking like how he only needs 60% or something in one of his units for an A*
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had a look at D1 it's boring but it's easy.
FP1 will be fun,you will enjoy it 😉.
Original post by C0balt
In maths you can move your applied unit around to maximise your grade as far as I know
My friend was talking like how he only needs 60% or something in one of his units for an A*
Posted from TSR Mobile

I need 11UMS in S2 whoo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I need 11UMS in S2 whoo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL
Erm, congrats!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had a look at D1 it's boring but it's easy.
FP1 will be fun,you will enjoy it .

Yeah I guess the applied units can be moved around, but I'm slightly wary that any university might include an A in AS FM as part of the offer, so I can't really move around too much
I need 11UMS in S2 whoo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What...
I need 11UMS in S2 whoo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Better get studying right now then...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I guess the applied units can be moved around, but I'm slightly wary that any university might include an A in AS FM as part of the offer, so I can't really move around too much

It's easy to get an A in D1, hard to get a high UMS
I wouldn't do this many D1 past papers if it weren't for UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its ok,Cambridge prefers the mechanics units and fp units,if possible, your school might let you do M1 for single Maths, and you can do Fp2 M2 and fp1 or fp1 M2 and M3.
Original post by C0balt
It's easy to get an A in D1, hard to get a high UMS
I wouldn't do this many D1 past papers if it weren't for UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's okay then, and I'm sure you'll get high UMS for D1, just make yourself as perfect as possible :wink:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Its ok,Cambridge prefers the mechanics units and fp units,if possible, your school might let you do M1 for single Maths, and you can do Fp2 M2 and fp1 or fp1 M2 and M3.

I'll stick with what my college say, don't want to fiddle around too much and cause them trouble haha
That's okay then, and I'm sure you'll get high UMS for D1, just make yourself as perfect as possible :wink:

D1 is the biggest enemy for careless person like myself :colonhash:

But hopefully in exams I will check for more than 30 mins. In practice I don't bother and just mark straight after I finish it so yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll stick with what my college say, don't want to fiddle around too much and cause them trouble haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you done a favour :colondollar:.Can you draw me the structure of ethane 1,2 diol.
The question says why dies it dissolve so well in water and I suspect it's because it has a small non polar hydrocarbon chain and it has two OH groups,so the molecule can form hydrogen bonds with water molecules really well.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you done a favour :colondollar:.Can you draw me the structure of ethane 1,2 diol.
The question says why dies it dissolve so well in water and I suspect it's because it has a small non polar hydrocarbon chain and it has two OH groups,so the molecule can form hydrogen bonds with water molecules really well.

And yes it forms hydrogen bonds with water
In fact four bonds

Edit: I mean two lone pairs in the oxygen in OH and there are two oxygen so four lone pairs which can then be used for hydrogen bond
But the hydrogen attached to O can be used for hydrogen bond with water's lone pair
So six I think, I'm not 100% sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending