The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Wanting people's honest opinion here. If I am completely honest with my GP that the lad that has sent him letters, I don't know in person but I spoke to him because I felt like I had no one else to support me with what I am going through. I don't have many friends in real life I can turn to and family I don't find it easy to tell them whats going on in my head.

Do you think my GP is likely to support me more knowing that, or just think I am a complete idiot for telling someone I don't know personally my GP details ?

GP said today the letters this lad has sent got bought up in practice meeting last week, and I'm now worrying to death about it. Lad never meant any harm, he was trying to help me because I couldn't speak to anyone else
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Wanting people's honest opinion here. If I am completely honest with my GP that the lad that has sent him letters, I don't know in person but I spoke to him because I felt like I had no one else to support me with what I am going through. I don't have many friends in real life I can turn to and family I don't find it easy to tell them whats going on in my head.

Do you think my GP is likely to support me more knowing that, or just think I am a complete idiot for telling someone I don't know personally my GP details ?

GP said today the letters this lad has sent got bought up in practice meeting last week, and I'm now worrying to death about it. Lad never meant any harm, he was trying to help me because I couldn't speak to anyone else

You've asked this question numerous times before, your GP will not stop supporting you, and they won't think you're an idiot - they will probably question why you did it, but that's about it. I don't know why you're worrying about this guy, he's in the wrong, if he gets reprimanded for it, then so be it. I don't know why you still haven't been completely honest with your GP.
Original post by Pathway
You've asked this question numerous times before, your GP will not stop supporting you, and they won't think you're an idiot - they will probably question why you did it, but that's about it. I don't know why you're worrying about this guy, he's in the wrong, if he gets reprimanded for it, then so be it. I don't know why you still haven't been completely honest with your GP.

Thank you, I think it's not knowing what to say to GP in shortest possible words. If they did question why I did it, would just saying because my social anxiety meant that I felt I had no one else to speak to and the fear that if I say anything myself to him he will just think i'm daft or not take me seriously. Does that all sound ok ?
Original post by Valvopus
Just want to curl up in bed. Came back to room from the library to bring out some stuff and eat only to read an email regarding accommodation for next year and ending up stressed out and worrying about which room I will be able to get since we get to choose tomorrow and I haven't managed to print anything or eat yet and I supposed to be meeting a friend and getting some work done since she is having MH issues at the minute and it's all getting to me a bit.
Might see if I can see my tutor about it but a lot of it is just stress about exams and there's not really much he can do about that.

:hugs: Do you need to sort anything for choosing accommodation tomorrow? If so, try and push yourself to get that done, then maybe have a break / give yourself a small reward. Make sure you look after yourself first, and then if you are able to, meet up with your friend.

I think it is worth keeping your tutor in the loop, even if nothing can be done.
Tired of life, tired of people judging me, tired of people telling me not to feel ****, tired of the world being ****, tired of my anxiety and sleep running my life, tired of being so unhealthy I can't do anything, tired of being overweight, tired of having no motivation or energy ever, tired of trying to give a damn about life, tired of people who want me to keep going, tired of being alive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel pretty crap, think I'm coming down with something :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rmhumphries
:hugs: Do you need to sort anything for choosing accommodation tomorrow? If so, try and push yourself to get that done, then maybe have a break / give yourself a small reward. Make sure you look after yourself first, and then if you are able to, meet up with your friend.

I think it is worth keeping your tutor in the loop, even if nothing can be done.

Nothing to sort out besides seeing which rooms are available and figuring out where I'm supposed to go at what time.
I might leave that until tonight because it's all internet stuff and I'll just get distracted and end up on my laptop all day rather than doing revision.
Yeah, I already sent her to our tutor because while I'm happy to listen to her and totally understand what she's going through I can't help her at all and listening to her vocalise basically what I was going through with my therapist last week isn't exactly the best thing for me. I get the feeling that she doesn't have anyone else here to talk to about it though so I feel kind of bad since meeting up to revise etc seems to be helping her a bit. Still, fit own oxygen mask before helping others I guess.

I might just send him an email saying how Easter went and that while I am massively behind on revision I have a plan (vaguely) and feel confident (am in denial) that I will pass at least two (hopefully) of my exams.
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
Tired of life, tired of people judging me, tired of people telling me not to feel ****, tired of the world being ****, tired of my anxiety and sleep running my life, tired of being so unhealthy I can't do anything, tired of being overweight, tired of having no motivation or energy ever, tired of trying to give a damn about life, tired of people who want me to keep going, tired of being alive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:
Reply 5388
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Thank you, I think it's not knowing what to say to GP in shortest possible words. If they did question why I did it, would just saying because my social anxiety meant that I felt I had no one else to speak to and the fear that if I say anything myself to him he will just think i'm daft or not take me seriously. Does that all sound ok ?

Yea just say you felt desperately lonely and had nowhere else to turn. They'll be well versed in that sort of experience, and probably happy you spoke to somebody instead of nobody.
Original post by Odd socks
I feel pretty crap, think I'm coming down with something :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: odd.
Perhaps a GP appointment or walk in centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
desperate :'(
Original post by ScaryScience
desperate :'(

:hugs: Scary.
Hope you're safe. :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72
:hugs: Scary.
Hope you're safe. :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

god im struggling so so much. how are you?
Really upset - I revised loads for my biology practical and even thought that it went well but I got a terrible mark in it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
god im struggling so so much. how are you?

Same here. :frown:
Really don't even know what to do.

Do you have anyone you can contact?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've spent the last two days in bed feeling drained. The sun keeps giving me migranes and I feel constantly dizzy and not with it. Not sure if this is being caused by MH issues or if I'm coming down with something.

I have so much to do but my eyes feel so itchy and heavy and getting out of bed is hard.
Original post by CescaD96
Happy birthday!

Thank you! :h:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Best birthday I ever had :'-) :hugs: to all.
Original post by IDukem
Thank you! :h:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Best birthday I ever had :'-) :hugs: to all.

Happy 21st! :lovehug:

------------

Feel bad. Two of my friends at uni (who also do the same course) are freaking out about work and it's making me feel worse. :s-smilie: Don't think I can cope with uni anymore. Can't cope with anything.
Original post by Pathway
Happy 21st! :lovehug:.

Thank you! :lovehug:

Happy belated birthday too! :hugs:
Original post by avhhs
I've spent the whole day indoors :cry:. I need to shave as I look horrible, but I don't seem to have had the energy, which is why I haven't gone anywhere. Also craving chocolate but there is none in the house.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope this doesn't sound sarcastic, it's not meant to, but that should be your motivation to get outdoors! There is no chocolate at home so why don't you go out and get some, go for a walk on the way back home while eating your chocolate, the weather is great, once out in the sunshine you'll feel a hundred times more energised :smile:

Latest