The Student Room Group

Medicine Apps

I want to learn the human anatomy by apps, I have mac.
Thanks!:smile:
Essential Anatomy. Pretty much the only decent one I think for gross anatomy.
Original post by MJK91
Essential Anatomy. Pretty much the only decent one I think for gross anatomy.

I just got this last night and it is sooo good. Might just save me in my upcoming exams!
Original post by ForestCat
I just got this last night and it is sooo good. Might just save me in my upcoming exams!

Took me far too long to figure out how to pan across the body though! For ages I thought it was the least intuitive thing ever until I discovered the Ctrl button :P
Original post by MJK91
Took me far too long to figure out how to pan across the body though! For ages I thought it was the least intuitive thing ever until I discovered the Ctrl button :P

Oh I just got it on the iPad.

It is great for isolating each muscle and seeing exactly where it attaches and the size of the muscle. I'm very glad we don't need to learn all the insertions and origins though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this the £18.99 one on the App Store by 3D4Medical?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JenniB22
Is this the £18.99 one on the App Store by 3D4Medical?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah(essential anatomy 5). It seems ridiculously expensive but think of it like a textbook.
I wasn't convinced until I bought it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My only issue so far is there are no labels for the various tubercles, notches, fossas, grooves etc on the bones

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah(essential anatomy 5). It seems ridiculously expensive but think of it like a textbook.
I wasn't convinced until I bought it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My only issue so far is there are no labels for the various tubercles, notches, fossas, grooves etc on the bones

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also a minor irritant is that you can only view one label at a time. It'd be nice if you had a label selected that other connected parts were also greyed out and labelled for example. Would just help quite a bit to get the overall gist of the system.
Reply 10
Original post by MJK91
Also a minor irritant is that you can only view one label at a time. It'd be nice if you had a label selected that other connected parts were also greyed out and labelled for example. Would just help quite a bit to get the overall gist of the system.

there is multiselect key, is it what you mean?
Original post by OFEC
there is multiselect key, is it what you mean?

I know you can manually select multiple options, but what I'd prefer is that you single-click the patella, for example, and then have a mode where all the surrounding (connecting) structures are highlighted as well, and labelled. So you'd be able to see major blood vessels (in the vessels mode) or connective tissue, or muscles and so on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending