The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by antisansculotte
I think that last sentence is where half of the negativity comes from.

No need to worry, I know there are plenty of good schools that aren't public and wouldn't show off (too much). Why, one of my best friends doesn't go to a public school!
Original post by nurav11
It's the first private school person I've seen on this thread, I feel happy now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I count as private school too, as I go to an international school :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11
It's the first private school person I've seen on this thread, I feel happy now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I go to a private school too 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
Last year I did 12 and I took nothing early

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

12 subjects? From. Scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest,how many hours did you study?
Original post by samb1234
Last year I did 12 and I took nothing early

Posted from TSR Mobile

In retrospect last minute revision wasn't a good idea when I had so many exams. Especially the week where I had two exams every day including both English lit exams a geography exam and a history exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

12 subjects? From. Scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest,how many hours did you study?

Up until like a week before my first exam I procrastinated and did virtually nothing. From then on though I did do a fair amount of work although I did end up revising a lot of stuff the night before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cleverasvoltaire
Yes but he's a St Paul's chap. Some of the best teaching and most expensive education in the country. Just ask daddy to smooth those grades over with his chums at the exam boards and everything will be fine :wink:

They literally have a kid per year who goes to the IMO(International Maths Olympiad) and they have the most successful history as a school in terms of kids making the team. Worst thing is these kids get into the team at 14/15 sometimes. I ebelieve there has been one kid named Joe Benton who was in the IMO last year aswell as this year and he is in Yr 11 😭. Makes me feel so dumb!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes but he's a St Paul's chap. Some of the best teaching and most expensive education in the country. Just ask daddy to smooth those grades over with his chums at the exam boards and everything will be fine :wink:

Ah, of course :wink:
Original post by physicsmaths
They literally have a kid per year who goes to the IMO(International Maths Olympiad) and they have the most successful history as a school in terms of kids making the team. Worst thing is these kids get into the team at 14/15 sometimes. I ebelieve there has been one kid named Joe Benton who was in the IMO last year aswell as this year and he is in Yr 11 😭. Makes me feel so dumb!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be so harsh on yourself :smile: They just have more access to stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its ok 😃.Not getting to do the MO or not doing it at the youngest age doesn't mean your bad mathematician no less than not be able to prove the Riemann hypothesis makes you a bad mathematician.
One of my tutors just sent us a revison timetable 5 minutes ago, she's so caring :colondollar:
Original post by enaayrah
Of course we do. Lol at state school kids

Can't tell if this is sarcastic or not lol
Original post by Puresha
Can't tell if this is sarcastic or not lol

:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does really matter what school you go to when it comes to big opportunities like that though, at Harrow there's plentiful opportunities to do things like that. Also you've got to consider the vest schools attract the best pupils. Even though I study maths and I'm Mather good at it, I would hate to go to an international competition to do it.
One of my tutors just sent us a revison timetable 5 minutes ago, she's so caring :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so nice.Our teachers never do that for us :no: ,your school really loves you :yes:.
It does really matter what school you go to when it comes to big opportunities like that though, at Harrow there's plentiful opportunities to do things like that. Also you've got to consider the vest schools attract the best pupils. Even though I study maths and I'm Mather good at it, I would hate to go to an international competition to do it.

You're up late - don't you have chapel in the morning?
:wink:

May I ask what your grades are and what prestigious educational institute you attend? You do have to laugh at the state school kids though, its like watching a monkey on roller skates. It means absolutely nothing to them but its still amusing to watch them try.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so nice.Our teachers never do that for us :no: ,your school really loves you :yes:.

Not really the entire college (we're not a school :tongue:) but this tutor, she's topped the list of favourite tutors now :smile:
Original post by antisansculotte
You're up late - don't you have chapel in the morning?

Its Mayweather vs Paquiao tonight so of course I'm staying up :smile:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol if one of my teachers did that I'd unfortunately have to ignore it. Some of my teachers say you need to do ridiculous amounts of pointless stuff (like my chemistry teacher, who bangs on about how we should all do 10 hours of chemistry a week all year, and every week he would be like 'its been 27 weeks so you should have done about 270 hours of private study by now. ) If I'm honest, I've never really felt the need to make a revision timetable, I just do what I feel I need to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending