The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Fair enough. Its not a bad thing ofcourse.Atleast you beat that 1000 lol. I filled in some form for 6th form and bang unconditional offer like everybody else lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The exam was in like year 6 it would have been much harder to get into my schools sixth form if I had been to a different school first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by enaayrah
I guess so...

But you did create all the negativity :erm:

So, state or grammar?

I must have apologised several times now :smile: It depends, but I would say grammar because it rewards hard work more and they generally have higher entry requirements, giving a better chance to students
(edited 8 years ago)
Fair enough. Its not a bad thing ofcourse.Atleast you beat that 1000 lol. I filled in some form for 6th form and bang unconditional offer like everybody else lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: me too

My sixth form isn't even a part of the school I did my GCSEs in :tongue:
Original post by cleverasvoltaire
I must have apologised several times now :smile: It depends, but I would say grammar because it rewards hard work more and they generally have higher entry requirements, giving a better chance to students

I mean, which one are you from? :smile:
Original post by samb1234
Tbh I do go to a grammar school but then I did have to do better than 1000 people in the entrance exam to get a place unlike some private schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

What accusation are you making? :hmmm:.
:lol: me too

My sixth form isn't even a part of the school I did my GCSEs in :tongue:

Lol my 6th form was part of the school i went to secondary school in. Pretty good there atleast it is very social at my school. Abit too social sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

What accusation are you making? :hmmm:.

I'm not making any accusation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol my 6th form was part of the school i went to secondary school in. Pretty good there atleast it is very social at my school. Abit too social sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, my school didn't have a sixth form :tongue:

The college I go to tried to threaten kids by saying they won't get a place unless they get 5A*-C grades, but they still got places even though they failed :lol:
There is a document on the page on application statistics which shows everysingle school that had a candidate apply to Cambridge and how many applied how mnay got offers and then places. Loads of private schools got smashed by state schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, my school didn't have a sixth form :tongue:

The college I go to tried to threaten kids by saying they won't get a place unless they get 5A*-C grades, but they still got places even though they failed :lol:

Yh there are loads of people like that in my school who are still resitting maths gcse till this day even.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is a document on the page on application statistics which shows everysingle school that had a candidate apply to Cambridge and how many applied how mnay got offers and then places. Loads of private schools got smashed by state schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Link?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a proper public school boy. Not state or grammar.
(edited 8 years ago)

Sorry to disappoint but I actually attend Harrow. The only troll was bashing other types of schools :smile:
Yh there are loads of people like that in my school who are still resitting maths gcse till this day even.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here.
I'm a proper public school boy. Not state or grammar.

Sorry to disappoint but I actually attend Harrow. The only troll was bashing other types of schools :smile:

Ah well, no worries :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending