The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by enaayrah
Have you looked at Solomon papers?

Nope, not at all, what's that?
How is everyone spending their Bank Holiday Monday?

A little bit of everything. English still eludes me... I don't feel like there is anything to revise.
Original post by cleverasvoltaire
Nope, not at all, what's that?

They're basically slightly harder maths papers that match the edexcel spec.

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c2-solomon/
Original post by antisansculotte
A little bit of everything. English still eludes me... I don't feel like there is anything to revise.

I gave up on English a long time ago haha

Why not just go over themes etc? Although for The Kite Runner it does get a bit repetitive :erm:
They need to find something to treat procrastination :frown:

They really do aha, or at least make the exams a little more interesting :angry:
I gave up on English a long time ago hahaWhy not just go over themes etc? Although for The Kite Runner it does get a bit repetitive :erm:

I'll probably just wing it. I've already done more for English than I did last year.
Original post by Protoxylic
They really do aha, or at least make the exams a little more interesting :angry:

I always find myself more fascinated in the tiny details that exams only touch on :frown:
I'll probably just wing it. I've already done more for English than I did last year.

Lol same here :lol:

Like probably 75% of all AS Lit students in my college, I'm dropping it next year anyway :lol:
They're basically slightly harder maths papers that match the edexcel spec.

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c2-solomon/

Well that sounds absolutely delightful, I'll make sure to check them out. I'm about to do an LNAT (not needed for Cambridge but it is for other apps) so I'll take a look after that :cool:
Lol same here :lol:Like probably 75% of all AS Lit students in my college, I'm dropping it next year anyway :lol:

Me too! A closed book exam does not appeal to me at all.

That and the amount of essays and courseworks to do :rant:

Alas, AS English Literature wasn't what I anticipated it to be :frown:

Edit: I blame Dead Poets Society, I watched it before enrolment :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)

Our GCSE English lit exam was closed book :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm quite tempted to watch the latest episode of Game of Thrones, but I really shouldn't :frown:

Sky Atlantic tonight, will be awesome :biggrin:. When I do something after 8pm I don't feel so guilty that I'm not revising aha.

Have you looked at Solomon papers?

They're really good, they seem to pick the hardest type of questions you could get. It's the best preparation for C1 and C2 where I'm getting a bit complacent. FP1 tho... Not so much :tongue:

That seems really tough ngl. Wouldn't want to have to remember quotes sitting in an exam...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11
Sky Atlantic tonight, will be awesome :biggrin:. When I do something after 8pm I don't feel so guilty that I'm not revising aha.

They're really good, they seem to pick the hardest type of questions you could get. It's the best preparation for C1 and C2 where I'm getting a bit complacent. FP1 tho... Not so much :tongue:

Someone dies... My sister has already spoilt it for me :frown:

And yeah, it's really good, it's helping me with C1 :smile:
Original post by nurav11
That seems really tough ngl. Wouldn't want to have to remember quotes sitting in an exam...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Especially when the two exams were 2 days apart. In the second exam I had to be a little creative with my choice of quotations and basically did 80% of the essay using the passage they gave for an earlier part of the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Attention all natsci applicants !Help !Why is it that animals with large surface area to volume ratios tend to have their oxygen dissociation curves to the right ?
Someone dies... My sister has already spoilt it for me :frown:

And yeah, it's really good, it's helping me with C1 :smile:

Solomon papers have done a good job of keeping me on a leash .I think I will make less mistakes in the C1 exam.
Original post by Kadak
Attention all natsci applicants !Help !Why is it that animals with large surface area to volume ratios tend to have their oxygen dissociation curves to the right ?

Larger SA: vol ratio = more rapid heat loss from animal
To compensate for the heat loss, the animal has a high metabolic rate (to maintain its temp) which demands the rapid and efficient delivery of oxygen. Their dissociation curves are shifted to the right because their haemoglobins have a lower affinity for oxygen (because they need it more for their higher metabolic rate ). Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
Solomon papers have done a good job of keeping me on a leash .I think I will make less mistakes in the C1 exam.

Yeah they keep me realistic if anything

Latest

Trending

Trending