The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by enaayrah
Ooh that's interesting. And don't worry, we're not all Maths/Science loonies, there's some here that want to apply to History, English and Law etc :smile:

Which college are you thinking of and how are your AS Levels going?

Okay, phew! Glad I'm not alone.

One of the mature colleges, most likely. AS Levels are going well. I'm taking them from outside of the UK but the only problem I've run into is that the syllabus I need the most (English Lit) isn't even available to me. But I have faith that past papers will be enough to prepare me, that and knowing my chosen material.
wow.. im rlly late i just found this thread.. any engineering applicants here???
Original post by physicsmaths
Yh but I couldn't be bothered to actually go as I wanted to stay with all my mates. I am glad I did though as some of my maths teachers were really encouraging.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, it's worked out well enough for you anyway so it's all good. Was there much competition from your year at school?
Original post by Diashann
Okay, phew! Glad I'm not alone.

One of the mature colleges, most likely. AS Levels are going well. I'm taking them from outside of the UK but the only problem I've run into is that the syllabus I need the most (English Lit) isn't even available to me. But I have faith that past papers will be enough to prepare me, that and knowing my chosen material.

Hey are you above 21? If not, you won't be able to apply to a mature college! Have a look here
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/why-cambridge/support/mature-students
Original post by nurav11
Fair enough, it's worked out well enough for you anyway so it's all good. Was there much competition from your year at school?

4 People applied to Oxbridge. 1 Oxford 3 Cambridge. 2 people were rejected pre interview and me and my best mate got interviews for maths and engineering. Unfortunately he got rejected in the end but he is going Imperial anyway so not much of a loss!
Original post by cleverasvoltaire
I didn't do my GCSEs at Harrow, I moved there post 16

What are you taking for A levels?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Melanie Leconte
What are you taking for A levels?

English, History, Maths and Economics :smile: And you?
4 People applied to Oxbridge. 1 Oxford 3 Cambridge. 2 people were rejected pre interview and me and my best mate got interviews for maths and engineering. Unfortunately he got rejected in the end but he is going Imperial anyway so not much of a loss!

Ahah wonderful, you guys are both definitely set then! Best of luck for the STEP papers, sure you'll smash it. Which college did you get an offer from?
Original post by nurav11
Ahah wonderful, you guys are both definitely set then! Best of luck for the STEP papers, sure you'll smash it. Which college did you get an offer from?

Fitzwilliam, applied cause the guy from the year before is there. Hopefully get them S grades. Unlikely though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fitzwilliam, applied cause the guy from the year before is there. Hopefully get them S grades. Unlikely though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll be fine I'm sure. By the sounds of it you've worked extremely hard on step and I'm sure that all of your hard work will be rewarded come June

Posted from TSR Mobile
Turns out a relatively large chunk of Descartes was conveniently not taught in Philosophy... Oh.
Original post by antisansculotte
Turns out a relatively large chunk of Descartes was conveniently not taught in Philosophy... Oh.

Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
You'll be fine I'm sure. By the sounds of it you've worked extremely hard on step and I'm sure that all of your hard work will be rewarded come June

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gona look stupid if i do well in STEP and not good in Physics 😁.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5553
Original post by antisansculotte

Do you have a copy of his meditations? It doesn't take long to read through, make notes etc and you'll gain more from it than just being told information by a teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am in year 11 and will be taking 5 A levels; Maths, Further Maths, Physics, chemistry and biology.
Gona look stupid if i do well in STEP and not good in Physics 😁.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah step is at an awful time this year isn't it? Iirc it was in the same week as c4 and one of the a2 physics exams which is pretty unfortunate

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am an intruder :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can only do the best you can do, rest is up to the difficulty of the exam so yeh, it sounds like your preparation for it is putting you in good stead which is all you can do.
Original post by samb1234
Oh yeah step is at an awful time this year isn't it? Iirc it was in the same week as c4 and one of the a2 physics exams which is pretty unfortunate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh shud be fine as i wont really put in any work for C4. I am trying to get physics content fully learnt around now then just past papers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cerlohee
Hey are you above 21? If not, you won't be able to apply to a mature college! Have a look here
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/why-cambridge/support/mature-students

just turned 21 this year :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending