The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Oi m8 :mmm: that ref tho.

If we had a decent ref we'd be winning left right and centre. ffs ref.
Original post by Arkasia
GCSE English taught me that bold letters = not messing around.

Also, am I the only one who genuinely thinks Ospina is good enough for us? As long as our defence is solid, I see no reason why we can't win the title (providing we reinforce other areas)

I agree, Ospina's a solid, reliable, non-heart-attack-inducing keeper, that position is solidified for me. Sorry Woj, you've had a nice run but you're a skrub
Original post by somemightsay888
I agree, Ospina's a solid, reliable, non-heart-attack-inducing keeper, that position is solidified for me. Sorry Woj, you've had a nice run but you're a skrub

Ospina is also a midget

Anyone actually think Woj will be a regular starter again? Arsene meant business.
Anyone actually think Woj will be a regular starter again? Arsene meant business.

No, Arsene's also there every match, he'll have took note of the defence and how they play with Ospina behind them, it's obvious to everyone they all look more comfortable. Not sure if Woj is the type of guy to rot on the bench or be happy with the odd League Cup outing though. Wonder if he'll leave?

Nah not unless we replace the ref.
No, Arsene's also there every match, he'll have took note of the defence and how they play with Ospina behind them, it's obvious to everyone they all look more comfortable. Not sure if Woj is the type of guy to rot on the bench or be happy with the odd League Cup outing though. Wonder if he'll leave?

He probably might do, won't be anywhere else in the premier league though, surely won't do a Fabianski. Hmm if he does leave which I doubt tbh I can see him going to like Germany for example.
Also I've been looking forward to watching Gabriel play ever since he's arrived, only made a few appearances. Trust Merta to turn competent as soon as he came in :unimpressed:

Original post by ChickenMadness
Nah not unless we replace the ref.

:facepalm2: :tongue: oh you.
my days, its like watching kids date in high-school in here..

Take it to the misc..

or atleast make it arsenal-related:

'Your every touch makes me as nervous as having scezney in goal'

'Our love is as un-imaginable as a fit diaby'

'If you and me got together, the night would be more beautiful then giroud'

'if I saw you naked.. my face would be more smug then wenger's when he is asked a question about a signing'

'let me be the mert to your kos, and be the saviour of your fine ass time and time again'

I think the picture is now graphic and distrubing enough for me to leave it here..
(edited 8 years ago)
The Leeds thread is actually the best for pure football talk. Likewise with the Sunderland, Newcastle & Villa threads. Top club threads get ruined by kids who care more about the brand of their club than the game of football.

I don't think it's individuals in particular, just the way it goes unfortunately.
Original post by TornadoGR4
The Leeds thread is actually the best for pure football talk. Likewise with the Sunderland, Newcastle & Villa threads. Top club threads get ruined by kids who care more about the brand of their club than the game of football.

I don't think it's individuals in particular, just the way it goes unfortunately.

chelsea thread used to be pretty good for football talk - have not been on it in a while though
Original post by fallen_acorns
my days, its like watching kids date in high-school in here..

Take it to the misc..

or atleast make it arsenal-related:

'Your every touch makes me as nervous as having scezney in goal'

'Our love is as un-imaginable as a fit diaby'

'If you and me got together, the night would be more beautiful then giroud'

'if I saw you naked.. my face would be more smug then wenger's when he is asked a question about a signing'

'let me be the mert to your kos, and be the saviour of your fine ass time and time again'

I think the picture is now graphic and distrubing enough for me to leave it here..

It's clearly one person who is causing the derailing let's be honest.
I hope Wenger thinks Ospina is fine. Ospina vs Matic on set pieces next season is gonna be good to see.
Original post by jam277
I hope Wenger thinks Ospina is fine. Ospina vs Matic on set pieces next season is gonna be good to see.

ospina really worries me.. His stats are really good, but I feel that is being distorted by us going through a very good patch of form, and finally having a fully fit and functional defense.

I mean scez looked great last season when he was working with a great defensive unit.. but looked like a shambles this season when kos was injured..

Feel like the same will happen with ospina - he is competant enough when we are playing well. but he has not shown me enough to believe he is the DDG/Lloris/Cortouis type of keeper who can keep you in a game whne the rest of the team is under-performing
He probably might do, won't be anywhere else in the premier league though, surely won't do a Fabianski. Hmm if he does leave which I doubt tbh I can see him going to like Germany for example.
Also I've been looking forward to watching Gabriel play ever since he's arrived, only made a few appearances. Trust Merta to turn competent as soon as he came in :unimpressed:.

Yeah man, really wanted to see Gabriel and suddenly Per Maldini shows up :sigh: What are your thoughts on everyone's favourite player, Flamini :tongue: ?

****ing talk about football :angry:

Think we'll beat Swansea? lol.

Course we will.
Original post by IceyFish
It's clearly one person who is causing the derailing let's be honest.

I assume you mean me...
Yeah man, really wanted to see Gabriel and suddenly Per Maldini shows up :sigh: What are your thoughts on everyone's favourite player, Flamini :tongue: ?

I like Flam, I really do. Just not...when he's playing. Lmao.

You?
fallen_acorns
x

The problem with our last few keepers is that they were too temperamental. Szczesny, Fabianski, and even Almunia had the potential to be world class in some games, but they were also League 2 standard in others. Last season we got dicked by City, Liverpool and Chelsea, whereas this year we have only conceded 3 goals twice (against Stoke and Monaco), and have not lost by more than a 2 goal margin. Remember the 2-1 game vs Tottenham? If Szczesny had been in goal, we would've conceded at least 2 more, and in other games Ospina really has pulled out some worldie performances (like against Everton), and has been that subtle difference between winning or drawing games.
Lehmann was such a fantastic keeper.
Question: Would you rather have Arsenal fold, or have the entire SkyBet League 2 fold?

Latest